Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: UFO: Afterlight  (Read 30248 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UFO: Afterlight
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2014, 07:13:34 am »

Pretty sure they were loaded. Because sometimes the character would actually fire. I'll double check next time though.

Shotguns (when I got them) worked way better than science lasers.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2014, 08:43:47 am »

I'd help but I have UFO: Aftermath

My only suggestion, if it allies, is outrange them.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2014, 02:56:37 pm »

I still don't know what the problem with rocket launchers is, but I found that you can fire in 'aim at location mode' next to mobs and that works just fine.

I'm in late game now, though, and drivable lightning balls are totally Over Powered. :P  Not so much the damage they do, as the fact that they can be used as "exploding kamikaze scouts". Pretty crazy stuff.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2014, 12:37:53 am »

I'd help but I have UFO: Aftermath

My only suggestion, if it allies, is outrange them.
I dont remember if it were in aftermath or 7.62 ( the tactical game very good if you like the battle mecanic of the UFO series. ), where going full auto was better if you were drawing a small arc keeping the arc *inside* the ennemy thus allowing each shot to hit at 100% accuracy than going full auto by clicking the ennemy.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2014, 11:55:53 am »

Definitely wasn't Aftermath

Since weapons don't arc and going "full Auto" essentially switches the firing type (Basically... just like UFO: Enemy Unknown in spite of firing multiple shots you actually shot one).

I want to say that Aftermath isn't a very good game in the series (Campaign is too long with long stretches of nothing and samey missions and later they ramp up the difficulty by being cheap rather then by organically introducing new elements... So expect high-HP enemies with rapid fire Area of Effect Damage over Time attacks) but I have a feeling someone would say that I just don't get it or that there is just some strategy that is eluding me.

Afterlight from what little I see, SEEMS like a drastic improvement.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2014, 12:12:01 pm »

The gatling gun from afterlight has a spray mode. Theoretically it should be good when you're getting swamped. But really, the annihilator (plasma shot) seems to be the best weapon when you have just about everything in vanilla UFO Afterlight.

Rocket launchers make 'destroy x objects' missions very easy though. I also hadn't realized that you can blow up the beastman fences until I did it by accident. :)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]