Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bloat cap?  (Read 685 times)

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Bloat cap?
« on: May 29, 2008, 09:42:00 am »

Looking through the bloat/req list, it seems like many of them could be implemented in minutes (could be wrong, of course), and some within those would really add a lot to gameplay. The focus now is obviously on getting the arcs done, but I think a model like the current bugfix cap (or the opposite - a safety net time-limit so that you don't get carried away like I would, hehehe) might increase the interest generated by new releases, and also make it a little bit less stressful to be working on the vital framework without making things change much on the surface. Dunno if that would fit in with your development strategy, but I think it'd be pretty cool to see some of those being finished.

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Eagleon ]

Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Bloat cap?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:59:00 am »

I had actually picked some easy ones out, because I wanted the last version number "38" to change (having another 38a release would make the bug reports confusing since everybody just uses the last number), but as the release drags on, that got pushed off and now they are just hanging with the rest of the final release notes and it's unclear what's going to happen with them.  I could make it more formal I suppose, at least for next time.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!