Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: List of graphics set-able creatures/etc?  (Read 542 times)

Uruz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
List of graphics set-able creatures/etc?
« on: June 10, 2010, 12:49:03 pm »

First off I apologize if the answer is already available, I really did try to find it!

Now to the question:
I'm trying to create a comprehensive graphics set and tileset, but I've run into the problem of not knowing exactly what I should be creating art for. Is there any way of finding out / archive I can use to get started?

Many thanks!

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: List of graphics set-able creatures/etc?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 02:00:35 pm »

Every creature listed in the creature files in raw/objects/ can have graphics as long as it doesn't have the [vermin] tag. You'll also find their name-tags there (look for tags like [CREATURE:GIBBON_WHITE_BROWED] ).
<3

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 02:05:28 pm »

I just recently came up with such a list myself.
I really don't know how good it is, though.

Everything gets a zombie and skeleton graphic, too.
The exceptions are creatures with [NO_BONES] (which can still be zombies) and [CANNOT_UNDEAD] (which can't be either).

Uruz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 08:53:35 pm »

Wowee this forum is active. Thanks for the help. By vermin tag, do you mean things like [VERMIN_EATER], [VERMIN_GROUNDER], [VERMIN_HATEABLE], and [VEMIN_MICRO]?

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 11:06:54 pm »

Wowee this forum is active. Thanks for the help. By vermin tag, do you mean things like [VERMIN_EATER], [VERMIN_GROUNDER], [VERMIN_HATEABLE], and [VEMIN_MICRO]?

I'd say that any creature with any [VERMIN] tag qualifies as a vermin creature. The only exception I know of is [VERMINHUNTER], which grants a normal animal the ability to hunt vermin.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.