Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Butcher & Tanner Expanded  (Read 2464 times)

infernalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Butcher & Tanner Expanded
« on: June 10, 2010, 04:33:28 am »

So, I'd like to be able to tann kobold and goblin hides and make things out of them. Doable?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Butcher & Tanner Expanded
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 04:35:21 am »

You would need to be able to butcher kobolds and goblins to tan their hides, and you can't butcher creatures who are part of a civ entity, so I don't believe so.  You could possibly mod in a custom reaction that allows you to entire -corpses- into tanned hide, though.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 04:41:21 am »

Is the "no butchering entity members" hardcoded? Or is it an entity ethic tag?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 04:42:22 am »

Hardcoded, I'm afraid.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 04:46:06 am »

just asking.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 06:16:26 am »

Actually it's an ethics tag, but I think it's not developed to the point of being moddable yet. So they can do it during worldgen but not in DF mode.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 06:49:56 am »

Actually it's an ethics tag

This. Fel mood is proof anything can be butchered. The ethics makes dwarves unwilling to butcher anything sentient.
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

infernalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 07:49:49 am »

This. Fel mood is proof anything can be butchered. The ethics makes dwarves unwilling to butcher anything sentient.

So how do we do that?

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 08:21:03 pm »

I just changed [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE] and [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE], modded kobolds to not have trapavoid, and one of them got killed by a giant axe to the face and the body was butchered. +kobold tallow biscuits+ anyone? :D

Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 10:13:05 pm »

The above gave my last fort a gigantic overflow of food every season the elves sieged me. Fun times.

Note that even with those tags you cannot butcher creatures of your own entity. Only of other entities. Custom reactions also ignore the corpses and bodyparts of your own entity members.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 05:41:02 am »

I just changed [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE] and [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE], modded kobolds to not have trapavoid, and one of them got killed by a giant axe to the face and the body was butchered. +kobold tallow biscuits+ anyone? :D

WHOA! that's news. GOOD to know. I'll be sure to remember I can include that in crazy mods from now on.
[/quote]

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 06:17:07 am »

Hm, that's an interesting turnout, Morrigi.  I only tested it with the fortress civ rather than kobolds and elves and whatnot - you can slaughter your own civ if they're domestic, but you can't butcher them if they die of other causes.  Good to know it's different with other civs!
Also known as Zuhayr.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 06:25:59 am »

Yeah, I used it in my kobold mod I didn't release. Your own members are quequed for burial, other entities - for butchering.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 07:09:04 am »

And so players started erecting towers made of elf meat blocks using ISoB's meat mod and tweaking ethics. Bonus points for further tweaking that mod so you get different spam blocks for different meats - then go make a giant size elf statue with all the organs in the right place.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 08:28:48 am »

Now... to mod in meat as currency.

Meat coins!

KoL mod here we come.
Pages: [1] 2