Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mod requests.  (Read 3061 times)

wolflance

• Bay Watcher
  • Not knowing is half the Fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Mod requests.
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 11:28:50 pm »

An easy one(I think). Make the dorf to be able to produce:

A full set of dwarven plate armor that fully cover every single bits of my dwarf. That include face and neck. Yes neck!! And beard!!!
Make it triple the weight of normal armor, but nigh impenetrable. (Compared to 'normal' armor of the same material and quality)

A dwarf-only weapon that combine the awesomeness of an axe, a hammer and the spear.

sounds like a halberd, except with the one pick on it being changed to a blunt striking surface, like a long flat bar or maybe just a simple ball.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I came across a tools which is called Hammer Ax (or Ax Hammer). Combine that with the Halberd, and wholla! The new weapon is born!

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 11:58:57 pm »

An easy one(I think). Make the dorf to be able to produce:

A full set of dwarven plate armor that fully cover every single bits of my dwarf. That include face and neck. Yes neck!! And beard!!!
Make it triple the weight of normal armor, but nigh impenetrable. (Compared to 'normal' armor of the same material and quality)

A dwarf-only weapon that combine the awesomeness of an axe, a hammer and the spear.

sounds like a halberd, except with the one pick on it being changed to a blunt striking surface, like a long flat bar or maybe just a simple ball.
I came across a tools which is called Hammer Ax (or Ax Hammer). Combine that with the Halberd, and wholla! The new weapon is born!

with the new edge and blunt area system, that weapon should prove quite effective.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 04:15:54 am »

This was actually very, very fun to test out in the arena.

I'm not altogether certain if changing the UBSTEP and LBSTEP effectively cover the head and hands, but that's kind of what gauntlets and helms are for.

I have a simple one but am not sure its possible..
Being able to "brew" ice into a barrel of water for my dwarves on a glacier.
That would be a very useful mod, but I'm not altogether sure how you would go about referencing ice in a reaction.  I guess asking for a stone of water may work - I'll give it a go.

EDIT: okay, the following raws take ice and a barrel and produce a barrel with water [5] in it.

However, I can't be sure if the dorfs will drink it, I can't make them store it, and to produce it, the smelter must be aboveground, which results in barrels of ice [5].  I'm not sure it's viable at all, I'm afraid.

Can you make a mod that changes dwarves into xenomorph's?
I actually made a xenomorph mod a while back -
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1998 - but they aren't playable in fort mode.  If all you want is dwarves that happen to be eight-foot black-chitin-covered alien monsters, you could get away with downloading that mod and altering the Dwarf entity to point at the xenomorph creature definition.  An Alien total conversion mod would be a big job.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:57:20 am by Lofn »
Also known as Zuhayr.

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 06:12:34 am »

No love for my cat bleeder? :(
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2010, 06:17:37 am »

No love for my cat bleeder? :(
It can't be done.  Sorry.
Also known as Zuhayr.

wolflance

• Bay Watcher
  • Not knowing is half the Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 08:39:26 am »

This was actually very, very fun to test out in the arena.

I'm not altogether certain if changing the UBSTEP and LBSTEP effectively cover the head and hands, but that's kind of what gauntlets and helms are for.

Thanks for the quick Mod!
I was actually working (err...imagine) on something that can make my dwarfs (as a culture/civilization) distinct from other races.
Part of this is a series of dwarf-specific equipments, such as:

Dwarven Beard Helm : A helmet that include a mask at its front, and use chain to protect the dwarf's precious beard. In effect it is a helmet that protect everything torso-up.

Dwarven Full Plate : Thanks for the code. I kinda imagine the dwarfs are the only race with the ability to forge full plate armor in this 1400-era world.

The Dwarven Spear-Hammer-Axe (Placeholder name) : Again, thanks for the code. This is inspired by the Dwarven weapon 'Urgrosh' from D&D, but I do not wish to name it as such.

Edit: Maybe I should just open a new thread...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:22:54 am by wolflance »

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2010, 01:44:55 pm »

It can't be done.  Sorry.

Awww...
How about this: Lava Piranhas. With Adamantine teeth. Those would be the perfect overkill for a lava moat.

I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2010, 08:04:11 pm »

Cactus-men. Or up kobold's music levels, add trumpets and instruments as their main weapons, and make them a civ playable (like fortress mode) race. And add shovels anda sharp instrument for digging and cutting wood.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2010, 10:26:49 pm »

I have a simple one but am not sure its possible..
Being able to "brew" ice into a barrel of water for my dwarves on a glacier.
That would be a very useful mod, but I'm not altogether sure how you would go about referencing ice in a reaction.  I guess asking for a stone of water may work - I'll give it a go.

EDIT: okay, the following raws take ice and a barrel and produce a barrel with water [5] in it.

However, I can't be sure if the dorfs will drink it, I can't make them store it, and to produce it, the smelter must be aboveground, which results in barrels of ice [5].  I'm not sure it's viable at all, I'm afraid.

Hmmm... what I was really thinking of is making a fake alcohol called "water" with 0 value as the normal water item should be more accurately called "puddle"
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
Pages: 1 2 [3]