Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Mod requests.  (Read 3060 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Mod requests.
« on: June 10, 2010, 01:59:32 am »

Ladies!  Gentlemen!  I find myself with the desire to do some modding lately, but I have no concrete ideas.  So!  If you have a mod that you desire but don't have the time, experience or patience to make it, post it here and it may get done.

I invite other modders to participate, too, the more the merrier.
Also known as Zuhayr.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
Re: Mod requests.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 03:39:40 am »

WOaH! Ok. I have an idea. Could you make an arsenal of plants that grow under watter?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 04:12:38 am »

If I see something interesting to mod I would be glad to join.

Im not sure if underwater plants are possible though. The only I have ever seen were regular plants that got flooded due to a cave layout bug, so I dont think there is a biome tag for that.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 04:26:45 am »

antymattar: yeah, sorry, Grimlocke is right.  Plants can't grow when submurged, I believe, so even if you could get them to spawn in ocean biomes they would never appear, unless you drained the ocean.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Mulch Diggum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 01:37:40 pm »

How bout a tanning salon so dwarves can get a healthy dose of vitamin D to prevent Cave Adaptation.
Quite useful for living near the magma layer.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 02:36:47 pm »

A Max Brooks style zombie would be cool. Black goo instead of blood, can't actually bleed to death, a poison that causes massive brain necrosis since you can't make dead things reanimate, slow, human sized, etc. I tried, but having ADHD and all I got distracted <.<
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 03:02:22 pm »

Dwarven machine guns =D Crossbows but with much higher fireing speeds :D (Thus costing a LOT more ammo :D)

OR:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:05:57 pm by Nether »

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 03:21:20 pm »

So!  If you have a mod that you desire but don't have the time, experience or patience to make it, post it here and it may get done.
Well, there's this Spleensteel & related necromantic alloys idea I came up with, alongside the "elf-only" plant cloth that puffs into magic dust (should get a syndrome attached to it) if you try to grow it yourself (also detailed out in that link).

I did proof-of-concept checks so I know these ideas are moddable, but I don't have time for several months to commit to polishing it up by balancing numbers for the material properties and then seeing how siege enemies equip them. Now that I've read up on Syndromes since I made that thread, there should be insta-vapor Syndrome byproducts that sometimes get produced from smelting these necromantic alloys that make you hesitant to mass produce them with no regard for morals. Heck, maybe instead of insta-vapor we could (on rare chance) spawn the insta-fire boulder that the Bonfire mod uses except at nuclear temperatures for laughs - consequences of playing with evil metals.

Ideally if more such necromantic alloys are modded in, more civilisations should be introduced to each get their own unique evil metal. But more civilisations is easy to grab from other mods so I'm mostly hoping for material properties balancing and cool "punishment for dabbling in dark arts" lashbacks when making these evil metals.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:23:34 pm by Psieye »
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 04:11:26 pm »

A Max Brooks style zombie would be cool. Black goo instead of blood, can't actually bleed to death, a poison that causes massive brain necrosis since you can't make dead things reanimate, slow, human sized, etc. I tried, but having ADHD and all I got distracted <.<

I can do all of that, except for the not bleeding to death part - I'm not sure if that's doable, but I'm inclined to say it's not.

How bout a tanning salon so dwarves can get a healthy dose of vitamin D to prevent Cave Adaptation.
Quite useful for living near the magma layer.

I have no idea how you would go about making this, since cave adaptation is determined by exposure to outside tiles, not to stone or metal or whatnot.

Dwarven machine guns =D Crossbows but with much higher fireing speeds :D (Thus costing a LOT more ammo :D)

Unfortunately, firing speed is hardcoded.  Also, why on earth would you want crossbows to fire FASTER?  They already function like SMGs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did you have anything specific in mind?
Also known as Zuhayr.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 04:54:50 pm »

If something has blood, it bleeds to death now. I think that's it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 10:22:00 pm »

Could you make a liquid, leaking tissue and call it blood?
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 11:14:23 pm »

I can do all of that, except for the not bleeding to death part - I'm not sure if that's doable, but I'm inclined to say it's not.

Well, you could try using tissue templates without a [VASCULAR] tag, though I think that would prevent bleeding altogether; maybe you could fake it using a [SECRETION] attached to internal tissue layers.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 02:03:34 am »

I'm gonna check the experience box on the "time, experience and patience" form, and then direct you to my other post.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59023.0

The tl;dr version goes like this: I would like a tool to make a custom embark featuring a slew of Dwarves (e.g. more than seven), that are all totally customized (things like personalities, skills, etc.) as well as setting up equipment and pets and whatnot. I'm not looking to make an army of Uberdwarves, I just really like having my friends in the games that I play, and I have a lot of people that I'd be very comfortable homesteading with. If you'd have to mod a save file, using already existing Immigrants, I'd be willing to do that, too, so long as I could totally mold them and then watch them go.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 01:49:32 pm »

I have a relatively easy request. Make a race-pack of the races in Mass Effect! If you're not familiar with them, here's the link to them:
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Races
I would appreciate it a lot, even if you just made the five main races. (The krogan, asari, salarian, turian and quarian.) If anyone would browse through each article, they'd find out that they are all very distinctive. The krogan, for example, could be impervious to a lot of things, have a tougher kind of skin/leather, and have considerably less children than the other races. The salarians live only up to the age of 40, and should have an impressive speed and analytical ability. The asari's ability to reproduce with any sapient race (read it up, it's a bit complicated) might be tougher to implement. The quarians need to have their suits on, else they die due to their poor immune system might be even tougher, too... Oh well, it's a nice idea, I reckon :P
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 02:13:11 pm »

I have a relatively easy request. Make a race-pack of the races in Mass Effect! If you're not familiar with them, here's the link to them:
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Races
I would appreciate it a lot, even if you just made the five main races. (The krogan, asari, salarian, turian and quarian.) If anyone would browse through each article, they'd find out that they are all very distinctive. The krogan, for example, could be impervious to a lot of things, have a tougher kind of skin/leather, and have considerably less children than the other races. The salarians live only up to the age of 40, and should have an impressive speed and analytical ability. The asari's ability to reproduce with any sapient race (read it up, it's a bit complicated) might be tougher to implement. The quarians need to have their suits on, else they die due to their poor immune system might be even tougher, too... Oh well, it's a nice idea, I reckon :P

I'm pretty sure that's impossible right from the start due to Asari being all female. From everything I've read, any race that is one gender or no gender will not be able to reproduce, and will die out as a result.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.
Pages: [1] 2 3