Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fort - Entrance Guard Edition  (Read 3399 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fort - Entrance Guard Edition
« on: June 09, 2010, 11:16:00 pm »

Hello and welcome to my new RTD, Dwarf Fortress- Entrance Guard Edition! In this RTD your a dwarf part of a 5 dwarf team with orders to keep the stupid goblins, kobolds, humans and elves (the depots outside, your stoping them from entering the REAL fort).

As well as keeping the unwanted species out of the city, you also have to keep the not so helpfull migrants, dwarven criminals, dwafs working for a Goblin, Human or Elven cause and smugglers trying to get people and illegal goods in through your walls and gate.

But wait, you thought you were a superdwarf who dosint eat, drink, need light to see, sleep or get bored easy? Well your wrong. That stuff needs to be done every now and then before you end up doing it in bad time, like during the Kobold assault. If you even survive, it wont look good on your CV!

OOC (I think): Right, to join you need to put...

Name: (something dwarven)
Prof: (Wall engineer, border officer, passport checker, use your imagination!)
Bio: (could effect the story)
Skill: (A skill that... does stuff)

So sign up and lets rock! 5 people needed.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fort - Entrance Guard Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 11:17:37 pm »

Im in, Thinking about Character Character done, also, what happened to you're dwarven exterminator RTD
Name: Foran Waybitter
Prof: Beast Handeler
Bio: Foran handels the fortresses small kennel of War beasts, of all descriptions, most have also been trained to sniff out illegal goods and/or the scent of a non dwarf, the kenel is JUST inside the fortress propper and his favorite is a young dragon he trained from birth(hatching?) (her name is althea), he has a crossbow but is admitantly not a very good shot with it, he is basically just less crap with it than the other available weapons, most of his beasts will fight to the death for him though.
Skill: Beastmaster
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:22:37 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 11:36:15 pm »

stop posting failed rtd ideas! >:(
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:39:04 pm »

stop posting failed rtd ideas! >:(

Ah sue me, this is a minor one, the others were a bit over my head due to time. Harsh words are a bit hard  :'(

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 12:18:06 am »

Name: Zuntir Zugglareb
(I think that was the name of the dwarf, it was something like that, edit it to match DF if you recognise and know it...)
Prof: Bonemason
Bio: Bones bones bones, always need more bones. Need bones to practice bowmaking, need bones to keep up the bolt supplies, and there are few things as relaxing as whiling way the hours with a pile of skulls. But the lazy fools always leave them just lying around to rot. So now there is no choice but to get out onto the front line and do it personally...
Skill: (A skill that... does stuff)
This sounds a little vague to me, so I have some different ideas options:

(RTD(made up) skill)
Scavenger, the ability to loot more than others

(DF skill, single)
Mechanic, for the traps.

(DF skill, multiple)
Best=Bowmaker, next=bonecarver, lowest=mechanic
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 12:50:15 am »

Name: Olon "Fishy" Tatloshbardum
Prof: Fisherman
Bio: Olon Fishfights was another immigrant deemed useless. As punishment, he was sent to the carp infested river as a fisherman. When the carp attacked, he managed to wrestle them all out of the water and climb out himself, only to then toss them into nearby trees. He has since gained legendary status in the fortress and is currently employed as a gate guard.
Skill: Fishing (legendary), wrestling, swimming

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 12:51:44 am »

hmm, so far we have a pretty dysfunctional group. THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME if it actually gets going that is
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 03:13:04 pm »

More people needed and yes, looking at the apps im gona have to make this EXSTREME.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 03:29:22 pm »

Decided to gain interest turn 0 shall happen.
TURN 0

Granite, the 2 of the year of our deadly lord, 1170

Name!
Foran, sir!
Good! Your on sniffer dog patrol! Also I need two guard dogs in the entrance to keep the thieves out. GOT IT!
Sir yes sir!

Name!
Zuntir, sir!
Good! Lets see.... Ex bonemason... likes bones... Your on corpse duty! The pits next to the moat! And don't worry, unlike other places, stuff molds away!

Name!
Olon, sir!
Olon... wow, they put a legend like you on gate patrol? Jesus.... Your our new gate officer! Keep these idiots under control and you may just find a nice big barrel of dwarven whiskey in your room and they get grub for the night! Also, I need you to organise those idiot (points over his back) into making spears in the moats. The goverments to cheap to build us a dam pipe sytem right now so they gave us the drop kick migrants. The prisons there (points to left). Dwarves who are convicts go there. "People" who arent dwarves go there (points to very evil looking tower where you swear you can hear screaming) and dont worry, they only scream half the day when being tortured. Your food, which your cook who will eventualy come ((Could be player or NPC if no ones keen)) will cook your food and make your drink there. You and your group once every day report there weither you wont or not.. SO DO IT!

OOC: Get your turns and apps in and lets go!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 03:43:36 pm »

Name: Urist McOchita
Prof: Information seeker
Bio: His family was once attacked by a large bandit group called 'The Axes of death' who killed his father and mother when tey were travelling though a woodland. After returning to his home fortress he swore revenge on the bandits anyway that he cold. Unfortunatley this lead him to a desk job, however he has managed to work this to his advantage, looking for clues
Skill: Scripture (Reading and forgery)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 03:50:16 pm »

Name: Urist Olonurrīth
Prof.: Grunt
Skill: Marching, yelling and dying. (You know, the regular grunt work.)
Bio: Like many other grunts, Urist has led a completely uneventful life. He joined the Entrance guard to avoid a life of hauling. He likes his life, but he enjoys the yelling, which is his favourite part.

(I figured you needed more grunts in the guard, and less legendary, carp wrestling fishermen.)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 04:13:16 pm »

War DOGS please... I put some other kinda animal on guard duty

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 06:23:37 pm »

Why would ye waste perfectly good spears by diggin' 'em into a ditch to kick immigrants in?
Those spears would be better served with the military.
I say we just toss 'em into the river!
Let the carp separate the weak from the worthy!
*walks away grumbling about new immigrants havin' no respect, just waltzing right on into the fortress like they're all welcome*

Watch how ye deal with immigrants.
This tree is a soapmaker.
*rips sapling out of the ground and tosses it into the river, where it is rapidly shredded by the carp*
No need to clean up or waste spears.

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 06:34:30 pm »

Name: Robuld Misticuff
Prof: Crossbow Sniper
Bio: Grew up practicing his crossbow skills, is now one of the best in the fortress, signed up for the entrance guard so he could use his skills better
Skill: Crossbow sniping

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 10:20:08 pm »

Search the pit for useful materials.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: [1] 2