Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Awesome map repository?  (Read 1309 times)

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
Awesome map repository?
« on: June 09, 2010, 04:54:00 pm »

There used to be a great thread on this, what happened? Did it die out with the 40d-31 transition?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome map repository?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 05:20:06 pm »

Sorta. Thing is that when water, underground flora/fauna, magma, map height / depth and awesome beasts are present at every site, you can basically choose wherever you want and get everything.

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 05:34:06 pm »

Well, i think there's more to be said for interesting formations etc. Cool river vallies, waterfalls. Basically interesting terrain formations.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:38:44 pm »

Sorta. Thing is that when water, underground flora/fauna, magma, map height / depth and awesome beasts are present at every site, you can basically choose wherever you want and get everything.

Kinda made every map really boring. I liked how in 40d you had to pick and choose your resources. I also miss bottomless pits, chasms, etc.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 12:44:12 pm »

Kinda made every map really boring. I liked how in 40d you had to pick and choose your resources. I also miss bottomless pits, chasms, etc.
They're still in hell.