Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Spacebar has betrayed me  (Read 1205 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Spacebar has betrayed me
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 05:10:02 am »

It's a rough change, but you get used to Esc really fast. I can hardly play 40d now.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 08:05:00 am »

Just change it back to space in the options, not that hard. I did it immediately when starting 2010.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 09:07:52 am »

Just change it back to space in the options, not that hard. I did it immediately when starting 2010.
Umm, did you even bother reading the OP? As you can see below...

Alright, in 40d, I got very used to using spacebar to exit screens I was done on- but now when i change the exit bindings, I run into issues. If I'm giving a dwarf a nickname, for example, I can't put a space in his name without exiting the screen. has something changed in the underlying structure of the game that I must bid farewell to the exiting of screens with Spacebar???? :'(

...he's already done that, and is having problems with certain areas of the game as a result of that change (assuming he's also changed the pause binding then his particular problem is pretty much exclusively with giving dwarves custom professions and nicknames since they're the only time I can think of where you'd be typing a string where you might wish to add a space)
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 09:12:09 am »

then his particular problem is pretty much exclusively with giving dwarves custom professions and nicknames since they're the only time I can think of where you'd be typing a string where you might wish to add a space)

I've re-bound ESC to SPACE, and I don't generally give my dwarves custom names...  But I'm having problems in the job screen.  Try to put in a space when looking for a "rock door" and it exits the window instead.  Annoying.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.
Pages: 1 [2]