Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: marksmen dwarfs  (Read 433 times)

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
marksmen dwarfs
« on: June 09, 2010, 01:51:13 pm »

I know marksmen dwarfs do not work in as of .3 (not sure i they were fixed in .6) but is it possible to get your military to use normal bows? I happened to notice my hunter picked up a bow and some arrows(which he shouldn't be able to use) so I am wondering if order some bows from the humans if the military will use it
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: marksmen dwarfs
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 02:48:49 pm »

Hunters can shoot - they need babysitting to make sure they shoot, but they can do it. It's military marksdwarves that can't - and that's after they have their crossbow and ammo-loaded quiver.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

hasonish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look into my eyes....
    • View Profile
Re: marksmen dwarfs
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:17:25 pm »

It's actually possible to get marksdwarves to shoot at enemies, but very few have been able to accomplish this feat, and even THEY aren't sure how it happened.  I was one of those people, but it usually happened when I was looking somewhere else, so I would often miss it completely, except when I checked my combat logs.