Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released  (Read 107211 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released
« Reply #225 on: June 12, 2010, 04:35:25 am »

I'm aware that sometimes sites just don't have turtles in murky pools. When RL eases up on me sometime in the future and I play another fortress, I'm first going to mod in a domestic animal with shell in it so I can be sure to meet moods...
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2010, 04:45:10 am »

Oh, it uses simple MD5 hashing of the passwords.
Yeah, without a salt.
:'(
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Eff

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 12, 2010, 08:18:14 am »

Did the BLACK_SPACE init option break? I changed the following options on a completely fresh install, no custom tilesets or anything funky:

[WINDOWEDX:1280]
[WINDOWEDY:600]
[BLACK_SPACE:NO]
[TEXTURE_PARAM:NEAREST]

And instead of stretching to fill the window, everything just appears up in the top left corner. I tried switching PRINT_MODE to STANDARD and this makes the opening movies stretched... but nothing else. The rest of the game is rendered as little text in the corner of a big window.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 12, 2010, 08:27:18 am »

It seems to be working fine. However, texture-param and black-space are both ignored in the 2D print-mode, which is also the default. Generally that's what you want, though..

(2D mode uses lanczos texture scaling, not linear or nearest, and black-space is always on because code for having it off would take way, way too much CPU time. I am planning to make that work with the opengl modes too.)

Explaining such dependencies is part of the point of the ingame init.txt editor I'm working on.

Can you get me a screenshot of it breaking?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:31:14 am by Baughn »
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 12, 2010, 10:38:50 am »

Me again.

I got a problem with linking stuff to Levers. Sometimes, the "focus" doesn't jump properly, leaving me to guess which item I'm linking. I requires some amount of trial and error, and hasn't happened before (I'm guessing 31.04+ here).

Any insight on this, Footkerchief? Found nothing on the tracker, but you sure made yourself a home there ;)

pushing.robot

• Bay Watcher
  • Wind-Up Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 12, 2010, 10:52:40 am »

Me again.

I got a problem with linking stuff to Levers. Sometimes, the "focus" doesn't jump properly, leaving me to guess which item I'm linking. I requires some amount of trial and error, and hasn't happened before (I'm guessing 31.04+ here).

Any insight on this, Footkerchief? Found nothing on the tracker, but you sure made yourself a home there ;)

I had the off-by-one glitch in 40d19.  Looks like it sprung up again.

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2010, 11:03:29 am »

Looks about right. Thanks!

Eff

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2010, 11:15:32 am »

It seems to be working fine. However, texture-param and black-space are both ignored in the 2D print-mode, which is also the default. Generally that's what you want, though..

(2D mode uses lanczos texture scaling, not linear or nearest, and black-space is always on because code for having it off would take way, way too much CPU time. I am planning to make that work with the opengl modes too.)

Explaining such dependencies is part of the point of the ingame init.txt editor I'm working on.

Can you get me a screenshot of it breaking?

Screenshot

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 12, 2010, 11:23:28 am »

That's how it's supposed to look. The main menu isn't centered.

Try a different screen? Main dwarf mode, maybe?
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Eff

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 12, 2010, 01:16:58 pm »

Ha, I figured it out! It's because a.) I've apparently always let at least one of the intro movies play, and b.) I skipped 0.31.05, where that bug was fixed. When I got to the title screen, it's always been zoomed in all the way (along with the rest of the game) due to the bug, and I didn't even realize there was a zoom feature. So when everything was tiny this time around, I didn't know what to do. Everything's fine now.

JBWilliams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 12, 2010, 02:48:23 pm »

I have an iBook G4 running MacOS X 10.3.9.  I am unable to run the Mac/SDL 31.06.  Dwarfort.exe doesn't do anything, neither does anything else.  Do you no longer support PowerPC macs, or am I missing something?

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 12, 2010, 03:29:40 pm »

(*) added default trade capacity to creatures to stop near-infinite caravan goods from being added to certain creatures

Can anyone elaborate a little bit on this, please?  Given that wagons seem to be on sabbatical, and all trade is done via mules and warthogs, potential trade figures will be drastically reduced.  But how much, per se?

You see, I run a large fort which is big on trading.  As in, 95% of food and drink comes from it.  So I'm nervous as to how moving to the next version will affect my dwarves in the starvation department.

Oh, and cheers, Toady, on the wonderful work you do.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 12, 2010, 03:42:50 pm »

Did that large fort ever have to trade with elves bringing Nuclear Quantum Warthogs that instantly lagged everything and occasionally crashed the game?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 12, 2010, 03:50:30 pm »

For anyone who hasn't noticed, the "take from stockpile" bug was fixed this morning, along with an equipment issue, a display-related crash and several other problems.

(*) added default trade capacity to creatures to stop near-infinite caravan goods from being added to certain creatures

Can anyone elaborate a little bit on this, please?  Given that wagons seem to be on sabbatical, and all trade is done via mules and warthogs, potential trade figures will be drastically reduced.  But how much, per se?

You see, I run a large fort which is big on trading.  As in, 95% of food and drink comes from it.  So I'm nervous as to how moving to the next version will affect my dwarves in the starvation department.

It was a fix for this bug, which could cause elves to bring so many trade goods that they couldn't finish unloading before it came time to leave.  They should still bring approximately as many goods as they did in 40d.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 03:54:01 pm by Footkerchief »

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2010, 04:05:50 pm »

Did that large fort ever have to trade with elves bringing Nuclear Quantum Warthogs that instantly lagged everything and occasionally crashed the game?

No, the worst thing that ever happened was that Elves decided to stick around for almost half a year after starting to pack their things to leave.  I was surprised that they didn't go bananas and start attacking from boredom.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30