Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released  (Read 107220 times)

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2010, 03:48:37 pm »

I seem to always be asking this, and I hope I'm not asking in the wrong place, but has anyone managed to get Reveal working in the new version? I hate starting a new fort without "checking."

I don't know what you would like to reveal.

You have guaranteed underground water (unless you mess with world_gen), guaranteed metals and most possible flux. Soil as well. Same goes for adamantine and magma.

Reveal is unnecessary nowadays.

Who cares about necessary? I like my forts to be *ideal* :P I like to plan out as much as possible of the fort long in advance, and knowing (for example) how far the soil layers extend makes a big difference.

I seem to always be asking this, and I hope I'm not asking in the wrong place, but has anyone managed to get Reveal working in the new version? I hate starting a new fort without "checking."

DFHack, which includes a reveal tool (and some other fun stuff), has been updated to work with the new version.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=58809.0

Thanks!

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2010, 04:16:23 pm »

It's really too bad the bay12 forum accounts aren't linked with the Mantis authentication DB; just another username/password I have to store in KeePass + remember...  :-)

Yeah, we looked into it, but unfortunately there don't seem to be any (reliable) existing solutions for authenticating Mantis via SMF.
is it not possible to just transfer the user information from the SMF into the mantis database, or do they use different methods for storing it?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 11, 2010, 04:33:34 pm »

It's really too bad the bay12 forum accounts aren't linked with the Mantis authentication DB; just another username/password I have to store in KeePass + remember...  :-)

Yeah, we looked into it, but unfortunately there don't seem to be any (reliable) existing solutions for authenticating Mantis via SMF.
is it not possible to just transfer the user information from the SMF into the mantis database, or do they use different methods for storing it?

I think we talked about hacking up a one-time transfer script, but a quick glance through the Mantis code wasn't enough to determine what kind of password hashing Mantis defaults to and what would be involved in changing it (if necessary).  Also, there'd be no way to keep the databases synchronized versus password changes, new registrations etc., so it would probably have just ended in confusion and heartbreak.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 11, 2010, 04:58:28 pm »

Oh, it uses simple MD5 hashing of the passwords.
Yeah, without a salt.

I considered altering the SMF new-user script to also call the Mantis one, but that would have involved working with PHP. It shouldn't really be too hard, though. The real problem is, as you say, keeping them synced afterwards.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

shoowop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2010, 06:38:20 pm »

So I zoomed to him and looked at his equipment with (v)iew units and he had an iron spear in his right hand.  I scrolled down further and he had.. another iron spear.  In another right hand. And a short sword.  In a third right hand.

he's also wearing 4 gloves, 3 hoods, about 5 different type of "upper body" armors, etc.

I appear to have a supermutant dwarf.

It's a known bug.  It might be helpful for you to upload your save to http://dffd.wimbli.com/ and post the link at that report.
diggin, I'll do that.

yea I see it happening with a bunch of others too.  Is it just a simple problem of the game not recognizing he put x weapon down for another and it's not removing it from the list; or does is it actually give him 3 simulated working right arms out of the confusion?

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2010, 06:52:20 pm »

Hi!

{Insert well thought out, formal writing style}

Just out of curiosity, How did you manage to mix formal and from what I have read highly intelligent writing style with such a friendly mannerism.

Every time I see your posts my mind stumbles because I imagine someone as friendly as one of those exceptionally outgoing children mixed with a college professor...

Where on earth did you learn that and any chance you think it could be taught to teenagers these days?

Failing that any chance you could be cloned?
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

pbheadtemp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2010, 07:06:06 pm »

Quote from: Toady
  • made workers stop taking new jobs if they can and want to eat/drink/sleep instead
  • reduced hunger/thirst/drowsiness skill/speed penalties
  • made hunger/thirst/drowsiness thoughts occur a bit later in the process
  • made certain jobs like updating records and partying quittable at any time due to hunger/thirst/drowsiness

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*gasp*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*gasp*aaaaaaaaaay!

I can play DF again :)

this is great.  Thanks so much Toady!

me thinks its almost time to show my graditude in toad preserving way.
Its preety dam fail when you manage to type in your email address wrong twice in the same way in a row, and create an account you cant access.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2010, 07:11:46 pm »

Hi!

Just out of curiosity, How did you manage to mix formal and from what I have read highly intelligent writing style with such a friendly mannerism.

Every time I see your posts my mind stumbles because I imagine someone as friendly as one of those exceptionally outgoing children mixed with a college professor...

Where on earth did you learn that and any chance you think it could be taught to teenagers these days?

I always thought he wasn't an American, British, or Canadian.
You know, English speaking countries tend to have idiots.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 11, 2010, 07:14:14 pm »

Hi!

I always thought he wasn't an American, British, or Canadian.
You know, English speaking countries tend to have idiots.

If you look at Deathworks profile, you will learn that he lives in Germany. So, I'm guessing he's German.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 11, 2010, 07:15:50 pm »

So there you go.
People who don't speak your native language are almost always more polite.
So deathworks is also smart. Out of towner and smart. Lucky find.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 11, 2010, 08:07:50 pm »

Hi!

cloned. for profit.
I see where this is going...

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2010, 09:11:27 pm »

Legacy does NOT support PNG's correct?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:15:42 pm by Hippoman »
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2010, 10:07:27 pm »

Is there a problem with fish still?  My boys are fishing from a river and catching fish well enough.  The winter comes and no fish!  I'm in a hot climate, not sure exactly how hot, but a large river should not run out of fish.... or does it?  I'll wait until summer again and see if it gets restocked.

There's a report here indicating that there may still be a problem -- apparently the melting point of fish fat is too low or something.

There's also another report that fish aren't working right in arctic oceans.

Thanks Footkerchief.  Yeah, I saw those posts, but the first was - from what I could tell - for an older version (previous to .05 temp adjustment) and the second was more about Northern oceans.  That poster did say there seemed to be no problem with oceans in hotter climes, so I was hoping the problem was just a quirk of the river and area I settled in.... Love those giant waterfalls and sheer cliffs!  Oh well, guess until next version or two, I'll be diggin damp dirt for terrible tastin tubers!   ;D
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2010, 10:35:53 pm »

Yeah so I think my two-humped camel just had an immaculate conception.
 ???
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2010, 01:56:33 am »

Hi!

All that kindness towards me makes me blush. Thank you.

Diablous is quite correct, I am a German.

Hippoman: I can assure you that German has a lot of idiots as well. I think it is kind of a normal, human thing :) :) :) But I think going into details about perception based on international news and communities would really, really derail this thread (rumors and prejudices are not implemented in Dwarf Fortress yet (^_^;; )

Profit: I don't think we can really be fair judges of ourselves. So, all I can say is that I try to respect my fellow human beings (due to my believe that we are all equal) and that I believe that communities are the strongest if they have a friendly atmosphere, which can only be achieved if we try to be helpful to and supportive of each other. In addition, I am a neurotic and at the same time a fair share of stubbornness (actually, there are also several people who do not approve of the way I write my posts). Well, that is all I know about myself and what I am trying to do. Whether that is really the answer to your question, I can't say for certain.

Anyhow, I think we should end this topic in this thread with that, as it is really off topic. If you want to discuss something like that, you can either PM me if you want to do so privately, or you can make a thread over in the general discussion forum.

On fishing: Actually, I have had a few problems with no turtles during 31.04 and 31.05, but my current 31.06 has mussels in the brook which make a fine replacement. But there are still no turtles around.

I also noticed that we don't get fish bones from fish caught in the brook (trout and the like).

Deathworks
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30