Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released  (Read 107266 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2010, 12:32:29 pm »

Hi!

I did a quick check since I don't mess around with these two settings, but they are still there.

Ever since the merge, the original init.txt has been split into two files: init.txt and d_init.txt.

init.txt only contains the meta-game settings like the graphics and sound settings.
d_init.txt contains the game settings like the pop cap and also the flow amount and things.

Deathworks

Bunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2010, 01:03:45 pm »

Hi!

I did a quick check since I don't mess around with these two settings, but they are still there.

Ever since the merge, the original init.txt has been split into two files: init.txt and d_init.txt.

init.txt only contains the meta-game settings like the graphics and sound settings.
d_init.txt contains the game settings like the pop cap and also the flow amount and things.

Deathworks

Ta very much  :D
Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah-nagl ftaghn

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2010, 01:20:12 pm »

Game's looking better all the time.  Thanks Toady!

I want to migrate to the SDL version, but am getting screen flashes too often to stand.  An example:  when I escape out of the 'k' or 'v' interfaces, the screen flashes.  I've tried windowed mode, and 2D, 2Dasync, standard, and Partial, all without success.  Any workaround, or am I stuck in legacy land for a while yet?
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2010, 01:37:41 pm »

does melting still cause crash?

No, that was fixed.

I want to migrate to the SDL version, but am getting screen flashes too often to stand.  An example:  when I escape out of the 'k' or 'v' interfaces, the screen flashes.  I've tried windowed mode, and 2D, 2Dasync, standard, and Partial, all without success.  Any workaround, or am I stuck in legacy land for a while yet?

No workaround that I know of.  Here's the tracker entry.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2010, 01:39:31 pm »

Why can't you cancel embarking? The only way to do so is with ctrl+alt+del, which can't be good for the program. Is it to encourage players to stop being so choosy or is it a simple oversight?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2010, 01:45:27 pm »

Why can't you cancel embarking? The only way to do so is with ctrl+alt+del, which can't be good for the program. Is it to encourage players to stop being so choosy or is it a simple oversight?

It has to be an oversight because maybe they just want to look at something or they changed their mind.

Really, it IS frikking annoying. Its something that might take five minutes to check or maybe comparing 40D with the current one to root out what is causing it. Dunno why or even HOW it slipped Toadys earlier testers (No offense Toady The Great!). I understand that more recently he wanted to get at the more importaint bugs, but I know Toady is aware of it and all......

(You can probably ignore that rant Toady One :P )

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2010, 01:57:50 pm »

It's an oversight, yes.  Probably a casualty of the Esc/Space change.

Dunno why or even HOW it slipped Toadys earlier testers

It didn't.  Only 5-10% of the issues found by the testers were fixed before release (the most critical ones, for the most part).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 02:01:57 pm by Footkerchief »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2010, 02:01:59 pm »

Dunno why or even HOW it slipped Toadys earlier testers

It didn't.  Only 5-10% of the issues found by the testers were fixed before release (the most critical ones, for the most part).

I was just ranting off really....

Poot

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:haunting quacks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2010, 04:19:34 pm »

I'm still a bit behind. Upgraded from .5 to .6 recently. I'm aware that the military was broken in versions before, but is anyone besides me still having to deal with the instructor constantly "organizing" which means that the recruits cannot train without going into individual drills?

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2010, 04:28:28 pm »

I'm still a bit behind. Upgraded from .5 to .6 recently. I'm aware that the military was broken in versions before, but is anyone besides me still having to deal with the instructor constantly "organizing" which means that the recruits cannot train without going into individual drills?

Yes, that's still broken.  Individual drills are the way to go for now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2010, 04:35:46 pm »

or ctrl+shift+esc. that opens Task Manager directly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2010, 04:36:55 pm »

or ctrl+shift+esc. that opens Task Manager directly.

Still can't be very good for the program if you do it repeatedly in a short period of time. Not to mention annoying as hell.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2010, 04:44:16 pm »

It's second spring and my Dwarf caravan never showed up. Fortunately this is the first map I've played in a while with elves (I have a knack for genning worlds that kill them off) and they showed up in the spring to bring me delicious strawberries before the dwarves mutinied.

Linux, if it matters ~
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2010, 05:06:20 pm »

That happens if you're outside of dwarf civilization range, or if there just isn't a civilization. Either could happen.

I'm not sure it'd show, but you could check the 'c' menu.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2010, 05:15:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

what does it mean? Never saw such an announcement before.
"It has started raining" ... "Dwarves stagger towards safety, clutching their devastated tissues"...
It looks like the boiling rain bug is back.

</jocularity>   SRRY GUYS    ::)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30