Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released  (Read 107263 times)

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2010, 06:44:44 am »

Ah ok guess it's a temporary issue then :D

Anyway, I get a lot of back and forth going from 2 dwarves (non-military) now. They apparently want to "pickup equipment" but are unable to do so. There's probably already a bug report for this in the bugtracker but I better double check :)

YellowPebble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2010, 06:52:58 am »

I don't think the inability to farm on non-muddied squares underground is itself a bug (at any rate, the message "No mud for underground farm" implies that mud is supposed to do *something* to farms), but there ire a number of minor bugs related to its implementation: the way a farm overlapping a single un-muddied square quietly fails to work at all without any indication, for example, or the way muddy squares above ground still produce a "no mud for underground farm" message.

Rainforce

• Bay Watcher
  • The Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2010, 07:30:47 am »

The merge, traffic, and various busted website issues have all sort of settled out over the last few months, so the bug fixes and corresponding releases should be a little bit more regular now.  At least until the next weird thing comes up.
...said the giant talking toad.

anyway, it sure was fast O.O'
I liked the sdl/etc stuff in 40d#, and decided to put the new ver aside until the worst bugs are fixed and the SDL merge happened.
Now it seems that all of it isn't that far away.
Burychanneled, the channel megaconstruction is officially dead now...until I revive the savegame XD
Oh Dragon Quemer Gildivory, the Flare of Glowing, you will always have a place in our memories as you strucked down our Zon Tonebolts,useless load "Livid Weight of Shielding"...
---
This is why I don't go outside.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2010, 07:54:14 am »

I get that alot.
Its just an announcement thats really supposed to go on in the background not appear in announcements.
It just means that instead of doing what he was doing, hes now resting. Kinda like canceling but only happens when hurt.

It's a bug in the job system.  http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=973

Anyway, I get a lot of back and forth going from 2 dwarves (non-military) now. They apparently want to "pickup equipment" but are unable to do so. There's probably already a bug report for this in the bugtracker but I better double check :)

Sounds like this one: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=394

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2010, 07:57:10 am »

I think I had a problem with this once. Is he an Axedwarf+Woodcutter? For some reason, axedwarves seem to consider their choppin' axe and their killin' axe to be different items, even when there's only one perfectly good axe that belongs to him. Of course, when he stops being an axedwarf, he's going to drop his axe and look for his axe which he'll never find because he doesn't get that they're the same axe. I don't quite remember how I dealt with this, but I may have either made more axes or took Woodcutting off of his labors.

EDIT:
Arghh, why do you need an account just to LOOK AT the damn bugtracker? And what does it have against my login information?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:59:33 am by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

FlexibleDogma

• Bay Watcher
  • xGiant Cave Spider Silk Sockx Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2010, 09:39:54 am »

EDIT:
Arghh, why do you need an account just to LOOK AT the damn bugtracker? And what does it have against my login information?

I have no idea why an account is required to view the tracker, but make sure:

1.  You have created an account on the bug tracker.
2.  Your browser isn't auto-filling in your forum username and password instead of the tracker username and password.  (The forums and the tracker used to live on the same domain.)

SpacemanSpiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2010, 09:50:58 am »

Is it just me, or did the cages join the wooden blocks in not having a stockpile setting available in the 30.06 release? Just noticed my carpenter's cell, err, work-area secure cubicle, is backlogging a clutter pile of cages, instead of going to my furniture stockpile like I swear they used to? I browsed through all the category lists under stockpile settings, and if it's there, I sure didn't see it. Any advice?

Empty cages are stored in an animal stockpile: you can toggle them on and off with "u" (look at the bottom right when you're viewing the stockpile settings).

Took me AGES to find that...

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2010, 10:22:21 am »

The Arch package is updated to this version now.

And I know I've been slacking on the x86_64 package, sorry folks. I should have something very soon for you.

Quadricwan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2010, 10:30:02 am »

Mmmhhh, olivine stone doors when built are displayed like gem clusters (but when not built, they look normal) ...

I'm definitely getting this bug too - using Phoebus' graphics pack, which might be doing something, but it's never done so before.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 10:32:17 am by Quadricwan »
Why does life keep teaching me lessons I have no desire to learn?

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2010, 10:36:58 am »

I've now downloaded the SDL version (Full).

And I've now had 160 rejects with the default settings on creating a new world to play in....

That's normal. Like, always.

NO, it's not normal, I got two warnings getting there. I never reach more than 20ish rejects before finding a world to play in using the default settings.
It turned out it was the graphics pack that messed up some files. Withouth the graphics pack it was 3 rejects before it found a playable world.

I've just got to say, that fact that you could consistently low amounts of rejects is the thing that's not normal. I get, usually, anywhere between upper 50's to the low 200's.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2010, 10:44:08 am »

I've now downloaded the SDL version (Full).

And I've now had 160 rejects with the default settings on creating a new world to play in....

That's normal. Like, always.

NO, it's not normal, I got two warnings getting there. I never reach more than 20ish rejects before finding a world to play in using the default settings.
It turned out it was the graphics pack that messed up some files. Withouth the graphics pack it was 3 rejects before it found a playable world.

I've just got to say, that fact that you could consistently low amounts of rejects is the thing that's not normal. I get, usually, anywhere between upper 50's to the low 200's.
Just edit the worldgen parameters. Tell it to stop caring about "oh did the world have enough [insert biome here]?" and just check you still have all the civs you want alive in legends mode before starting your first fortress in your new world. Unless you specifically want a minimum amount of a certain geographic feature.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2010, 10:48:49 am »

Why do hospitals not store plaster? That bug should be fixed in .07, it's annoying.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Feral23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2010, 11:11:40 am »

does melting still cause crash?
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup tiles ruined Ascii for me forever... and I played Hack when it was new.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2010, 11:36:45 am »

Hi!

Mmmhhh, olivine stone doors when built are displayed like gem clusters (but when not built, they look normal) ...

I'm definitely getting this bug too - using Phoebus' graphics pack, which might be doing something, but it's never done so before.

I am using 31.06 as provided by Toady One, just changed the init files with usual, harmless changes, and sticking to the default graphics (although I told windowed mode to use the same font as full screen mode). So, it is not the graphics pack that is causing it.

Deathworks

Bunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2010, 12:29:23 pm »

Just want to check as I may have missed this in the thread, but has anyone figured out how to change varied ground tiles and show flow amounts on this version?  Seems to have disappeared from the init...
Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah-nagl ftaghn
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30