Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: NavyField - Intarwebs battleships  (Read 3271 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NavyField - Intarwebs battleships
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 01:29:32 pm »

Meh. It's a bit laggy, and a zoom function would make this a hell of a lot easier. And it's no fun getting one-shotted by, well, just about anything.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 01:44:38 pm »

and a zoom function would make this a hell of a lot easier.
press F11 to enable 3-d mode then use the mousewheel to zoom in and out
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 04:49:10 pm »

They just implemented Anti-Aliasing too, so zooming out doesn't make the game HORRIBLY UGLY
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 05:06:56 pm »

God damn that loud explosion sound they play when the game finishes loading always scares the shit out of me.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 07:08:23 pm »

Whoa. Finally got a battle where I killed someone. Two kills, actually. It ended up with me and one other guy going against an aircraft carrier, the other guy got torpedoed, so it was just me and him. Apparently destroyers are effective against planes. By the time I finally beat him, there was less than 10 seconds left.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 09:25:42 pm »

I need 150k credits for my carrier. :( I MIGHT be able to get away with only 50k if I sell my emerald though...

Decided to sell my county though, since now that I've leveled my BO to 50 its kinda pointless, in GB I can get more credits by AAing and in Blitz I do much much more attack with my Emerald.

Plus an emerald with level 48 Reload gunners is awesome and fun.

Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 09:45:34 pm »

I wish I could play it on my TV, but the resolution is screwy.

I used to play it. Was in a pretty cool clan too. However, after I moved, I lost interest somewhat.

It's a fun game, and playing as the Germans is great (if hard). I might join up in a month again.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 12:31:58 am »

Woo managed to scrounged up enough for my carrier..

I like it, funner then a gunship
Steam Profile

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 12:38:09 am »

I use to play this and quit after the grinding.
Maybe I'll play again.

I also have 2 things I have to say about this game, I never found out how to fire torpedoes and how to shoot down planes.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 12:38:49 am »

I'll take your account, please email username and password to atomicwinter@live.com or contact me on my msn at the same address. Thank you and come again.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 02:42:10 am »

I use to play this and quit after the grinding.
Maybe I'll play again.

I also have 2 things I have to say about this game, I never found out how to fire torpedoes and how to shoot down planes.

For torpedoes: You change weapon hardpoint groups with R and T. R is for regular gun turrets at bow and stern, T is for special hardpoints like torpedo tubes, depth charge launchers and the like (T hardpoints can also be gun turrets). For torpedoes you can tweak launch settings a bit like spread and speed using the controls at the bottom left.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 02:47:14 am »

I'll take your account, please email username and password to atomicwinter@live.com or contact me on my msn at the same address. Thank you and come again.

Hah, Fuck no.
Steam Profile

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 02:50:18 am »

Hah, Fuck no.
Heh well I might play again I just can't stand the grind it makes me want to cry. You enjoy that CV you

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 09:18:02 am »

I played this for a bit, got a decent destroyer and quite enjoyed it, but I ended up quiting due to the fact battles were filled with bigger and more powerful ships, because of some of the limitations of free players, and because I got annoyed with some of the game mechanics. Still this thread has tempted me to return.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 02:48:56 am »

Oh I'm enjoying being a carrier sooo much more then a gunship... I don't know how I ever survived as one...

Also conducted torpedo bombings is such a different experience from the rest of the game.

First you have to get your bombers into a semi organized formation, not that hard.

Then you gotta get them to the general area of the target depending on enemy carriers, not that hard...

Then if your target is through several ships you have to maneuver them through possible flak, easy if you keep them a bit under the golden level for flak, but you can't do torp bombings from that level so you have to reset to highest alt..

Then you have to get them into a position in which your torps won't just be easily out maneuvered or just miss entirely..

THEN you have to decide when to actually right click on the enemy, and send your bombers to torpedo drop level, do it too early and you will get ate up by machine gun fire, (Especially if there's other ships in the area)and they won't be able to get as good as a strike on the enemy, too late and their torps will just bounce off the enemy hull (doing like 20 damage)

FINALLY you have to decide when to launch the torps by hitting the period key, then you simply pray and pay respects to your bomber pilots that just bailed out right onto the deck of the enemy you were torping. :P

All together I enjoy doing this much more then being a gunship.

And its nice to actually get more then like 2k attack in a battle, in my last battle I got 12k attack and sunk two ships.  8)
Steam Profile
Pages: 1 [2] 3