Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Does anybody know what REALLY happens when you combine water with magma?  (Read 3440 times)

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile

By the time DF reaches Beta, everyone on these forums will be long dead, with development taken up by the eventual Cult of the Toad.
Eventual?

It isn't offical untill we have a slogan.

"Beard Power! Booze Power! Battle Power!" - There, now we have one.

Shorten it to "Beards! Booze! Battle!" It's catchier, and we can actually form some mandates off of it ["All pay heed, the Mighty Toady One demands of us to grow beards of such epic proportions that the fabric of space-time itself will bend to our will! Only then can we pass through the dimensions and reach the Nirvana that is the Final Release!"]
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile

Some of us are teetotalers, and prefer to torture our dwarves as a parable for suffering. With 'booze' in the title, I think you're leaving out the importance of pain and suffering to the dwarves- not everything is joy, even in the cult of Toady.

Toady Vobiscum
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the time DF reaches Beta, everyone on these forums will be long dead, with development taken up by the eventual Cult of the Toad.
Eventual?

It isn't offical untill we have a slogan.

"Beard Power! Booze Power! Battle Power!" - There, now we have one.

Shorten it to "Beards! Booze! Battle!" It's catchier, and we can actually form some mandates off of it ["All pay heed, the Mighty Toady One demands of us to grow beards of such epic proportions that the fabric of space-time itself will bend to our will! Only then can we pass through the dimensions and reach the Nirvana that is the Final Release!"]

"Throw them into magma. Let Armok sort them out."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Toady's end of month project is an attempt to upload his consciousness into computer form so he'll be immortal and able to work on DF until it's done.

Actually, this may well have already happened.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

GeneralGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • lurky lurk lurk
    • View Profile

I think Toady's end of month project is an attempt to upload his consciousness into computer form so he'll be immortal and able to work on DF until it's done.
Actually, this may well have already happened.
Reminds me of Electronic person HAL from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (cookie to those who know about it).
Also sigged.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought the slogan was "apply magma"...

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile

When Dwarf Fortress finally makes it into beta, everything will be 100% scientifically correct. Except for the whole mythical creatures crap and magic and such.

And then we'll start working on graphics..

When Dwarf fortress goes beta, somebody will create a dwarfputer. That plays dwarf fortress. Then someone will suggest making a dwarfputer in the dwarf fortress played on the dwarfputer. and the universe will explode
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Well hell, we already have liquid logic computers fully contained within DF, and it's only 0.31.06. I imagine that by 0.50 at most we'll have made funcitoning computers within a computer game.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile

Well hell, we already have liquid logic computers fully contained within DF, and it's only 0.31.06. I imagine that by 0.50 at most we'll have made funcitoning computers within a computer game.
Urist McNerd cancels task Eat: Raising Gearscore

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile

Pfft, by the time DF goes beta, we'll have artificial intelligences
Arguably, DF will probably become the first AI

Edit: Isn't magma a catch-all term? If magma is just molten rock, then adding water would be different for every type of rock.
(Potentially offensive)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And do bronze colossuses have soul gems?

No, they're just solid bronze.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Orris

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you surprised when I touch the dwarf inside?
    • View Profile

When Dwarf fortress goes beta, somebody will create a dwarfputer. That plays dwarf fortress. Then someone will suggest making a dwarfputer in the dwarf fortress played on the dwarfputer. and the universe will explode

Either that, or someone will get the Dwarputer ONLINE. The newly functional Dwarf Fortress Online, a massive DF world made up of all-player-run fortresses, sees every last player empire trounced by the new AI.

I, for one, will welcome our new robodwarf overlords.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Nah, if DF tries to take over the world it will inevitibly learn that booze exists in our reality as well, and will demand some of it. This will not go well.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[announcement_box] It is now the age of dwarf fortress! [/announcement_box]

MC Hammerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seeing as the heat causes some of the Oxygen and Hydrogen to separate prior to ignition, the result of combining water and magma is a big bada-BOOM.  Also flesh-melting gouts of steam for anybody nearby.  I personally can't wait for this to be taken into account, though I imagine I'll have to plan on thicker walls for my traps...
Pages: 1 [2] 3