Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Masterful and decorations.  (Read 888 times)

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
Masterful and decorations.
« on: June 08, 2010, 03:14:27 pm »

Can I get my guys to stud, masterful objects. Or do they just leave it alone for ever. Not artifacts, just really good. I can get them to stud everything around it but not it.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterful and decorations.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 03:52:51 pm »

Lock them all up either physically or with burrows so that the target object is the only thing they can reach. Then see if you still can't decorate it. Also note that you may only stud 1 decoration per metal, so see if that object already is decorated with whatever metal you're trying to stud it with.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 07:10:30 pm »

Also remember two things.  First, constructed furniture can't be decorated, so if you have a statue or something you want studded it has to be in a stockpile, not built next to the workshop.  Second, an object can't be decorated with the same material it's made of, so you can't decorate a gold statue with gold, for example.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 03:28:53 pm »

Its a battle axe if your wondering. And its admantine and i'm putting in platinum, gold, rosegold, and steel.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 03:32:59 pm »

Then the question is whether it's assigned to a dwarf, either as a personal belonging or as a soldier's equipment. Even if you got it away from the dwarf, that may interfere.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.