Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: The Dungeon: Part I: RTD. Turn 7: Falling to the Core  (Read 5145 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: The Dungeon: Part I: RTD. Turn 4: Oh dear, they are Dead!
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2010, 07:36:31 am »

Turn 5: Onward!

ASTERANAN: You tie the goblin up, with the sacks you were thrown here,and wake it up. You ask it: "Where the hell are we?"
The goblin says: "Ll lruulu'ch wrekilmmru guuumulm ekmulugu ulmmlurlmummrlil, rwmuglmmlu. Lguumuullr guuumu ekulilmmwril ulilch glil rluu? Glgu kemmglllulgu llwr lgmmllchlllurl, mmlulr lgil'eril rluuch chuu mmchchillulr glgu mluumuwrlllu'wr lgillrlrlllurl. Chrwmmluru guuumu." ((That's actually translate-able with a tool found on the internet))

OCHITA: You try to force the air above your hand to heat. (6) A small flame is lit in the air, but it vanishes almost immediately.

SHYTON: You hear the goblin speak, though you don't understand a word, and you decide not to kill it. You let the necromancer walk before you in the next room, as you don't have any magical shields or anything. It's just a hallway, with no points of interest, so you walk onwards, to the following room. There are nine people, five heavily built swordsmen, who are charging at you, old, robed man, seemingly concentrating on something, and three crossbowmen, of which only one seems to know how to use his weapon. He hits Alec's head, but the bolt only bounces off. Another bolt hits the nape of one of the swordsmen, who falls down, gurgling. You see Alec spin around, and impale a swordsman with the scythe. After that two swordsmen are engulfed in darkness, which soon seems to harden, and disappears. The men are gone. You release an arrow at the remaining swordsman and... (5)(2) ...hit the forehead. The swordsman falls down.

ALEC: You walk to the next room. It's just a hallway, with no points of interest, so you walk onwards, to the following room.
As you open the door, five armorless swordsmen charge, and three crossbowmen shoot at you... (6)(2)(1)(2) ...but only one hits you, as you fail to dodge it. Your magical armor deflects it, though. You spin around, in cool fashion,  and... (5) ...impale one of the charging swordsmen with your scythe. You... (3) ...manage to strengthen your spell a bit with the man's soul, and... (4+1) ...two of the remaining swordsmen are engulfed in darkness. After a few seconds, the darkness' edges seem to harden, and after another few seconds, the darkness cracks in half and disappears. The swordsmen leave no trace.

EDGAR: You call for protection from fire... (3) ...which succeeds somehow. You then follow Alec and Shyton to the next room. As they fight, you take a note of the surroundings.

AMELIA: You stay with Asteranan, as he interrogates the goblin.

The crossbowmen reload. The old man still seems to be concentrating on something.

Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: surroundings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 08:42:48 am by Ottofar »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2010, 07:51:26 am »

Hearingthe sounds of battle, i leave the goblin for now, unable to tell what it is saying anyway, i dash to the battle to engage the crossbowmen, chaneling my ferral spirit(lets see what happens from that)

By the way anyone know what the translator could be?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2010, 08:07:04 am »

Leap into battle, stabbing that old man in the heart!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2010, 08:13:47 am »

Which side of the chasm are the crossbowmen and the mage on?
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2010, 08:43:17 am »

Your side, and you see no activity on the other.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
Re: The Dungeon: Part I: RTD. Turn 5: Onward!
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2010, 09:26:00 am »

"Damn. Not bad, human." I compliment Alec, albeit reluctantly. "Now, I'll take care of them."

I wonder about my magical quiver. Surely, it does more than just replenish every arrow I fire. I want to try something. I take two arrows from my quiver, and take aim at one of the crossbowmen. However, I will concentrate on hitting another one as well. Maybe these arrows can be guided.

Doopliss

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPULSIVE_EDITS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2010, 09:50:36 am »

>Charge!

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2010, 01:51:13 pm »

blargh imagination

rp text up later if i feel like it

Sneak into the chamber and cautiously investigate the tents.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

7thsign

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2010, 03:03:52 pm »

OOC: Am I allowed minions, or is that too much? As an old DM, I know that summoners in general can be a little much if allowed an army, I just wanna know the house rules.

My companions seem to know what they are doing. Still, it's time to show them what some pacts with long dead gods and sheer force of will can do.

Alec's eyes dart to the magma river, and as he sees the old man along its edge he begins conjuring a great amount of dark magical power, which he launches violently at the old man.

Die mage! There is only room for one sociopathic student of the dark arts!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:36:41 pm by 7thsign »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2010, 03:20:47 pm »

(OOC Im going after him and hes on the same side of the magma river of us, just so then you know)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

7thsign

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2010, 09:34:27 pm »

OOC: I know ochita, I just figure an extra shot is an extra chance to hit. This guy is prolly a mini-boss of sorts. And im using magic blast cause its awesome, not because I think hes on the opposite side of the river

edit: rereading it, it does sound like im trying to shoot across the river, I was really just trying to show Alec's interest in the RIVER OF MAGMA now directly in front of him.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:36:04 pm by 7thsign »

7thsign

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2010, 09:49:41 pm »

Oh, and the goblins cousin is getting married? Mluulurllmmmchmuulmmchlluuluwr!

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2010, 10:03:25 pm »

I should let you guys know that I will probably be without internet access for the next two days or so. Feel free to place me on AI until further notice.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2010, 08:31:49 am »

OOC: Am I allowed minions, or is that too much? As an old DM, I know that summoners in general can be a little much if allowed an army, I just wanna know the house rules.
For as long as the fight lasts, after that they crumble to dust or something.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2010, 09:26:45 am »

Turn 6: The Demon

ASTERANAN: You channel your feral spirit... (4) ...and some kind of spirit wolf appears running next to you. It leaps at one of the crossbowmen... (1) ...and flies down to magma. You facepalm. Then you proceed to attack the nearest crossbowman... (5)(5) ...who blocks the blow with his crossbow... (3) ...which breaks... (5) ...releasing it's bolt... (1) ...at the crossbowman... (3) ...scratching his head. The crossbowman... (5) ...manages to stay up... (6) ...and he even manages to grab your arm. With his other hand he unsheathes his sword... (2) ...during which you lose your balance, and lose your chance to strike at him. He slashes at you... (5) (3) ...and hits the shoulder. You take a few steps back... (5) ...and stay standing.You try to drive the pain away... (6) ...and succeed.

OCHITA: You stab at the old man... (2) ...and miss. (3)Nothing happens

SHYTON:You shoot at two of the crossbowmen, with the help of the quiver... (6)(2) (5)(3) (4)(2-1) ...and shoot. The two arrows hit and kill  their targets, as one extra arrow materializes in the air. The arrow is red as blood, and It hits the third crossbowman to the head, and is pierced through entirely. It soon turns to blood-red liquid. You grow pale, and collapse, somehow weakened. Soon you realize, that the arrow was blood, your blood.

EDGAR: You see Shyton kill the three crossbowmen, and attempt to hit the mage's head with your mace... (1) ...and miss, hitting yourself to the knee... (1). The kneekap breaks. You scream in pain.

AMELIA: You inspect one of the tents. You find some food and wine, and a samovar inside.

ALEC: You blast the old man with dark energy... (1) ...which backfires. You are thrown backwards, and hit the wall, hard. You feel your magical armour weaken.

The old man grins. You hear the magma river starting to boil...

Spoiler: creatures (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: surroundings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: statuses (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:07:02 am by Ottofar »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7