Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: The Dungeon: Part I: RTD. Turn 7: Falling to the Core  (Read 5149 times)

7thsign

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dungeon: Part I: RTD. Turn 2: Introduction
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 09:38:39 pm »

I cast a protective spell on myself (or fail trying), and walk cautiously through the door

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 10:28:44 pm »

Since the others are opening the door, I'll move up to the side of it. Didn't that guy with the scythe mention something was on the other side? If any enemies come through, step in and cosh the last one in line.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010, 11:43:28 am »

Turn 3: There is an evil mastermind!

ASTERANAN: You open the door and see three goblins... (2)(5)(3) ...of which one notices you at the door. He is quick to warn the other two. They rush through the door... (5) ...and you avoid them easily.

OCHITA: You wait, as Asteranan opens the door. Three goblins rush through the door, and you see Asteranan avoid them easily. You strike at the first goblin, and... (6)(2) ...your blow is perfect. It hits the goblin's neck. The head is slashed off, and the goblin falls backwards, slain.

EDGAR: The bag is empty as you take your gear from there. Your crossbow wasn't with your other belongings. You proceed to follow behind Ochita, as Asteranan opens the door. Three goblins rush through the door, but Ochita instantly decapitates the first one. They don't pay attention to you, since you are standing behind Ochita and Shyton.

SHYTON: You walk cautiously behind Ochita, as Asteranan opens the door. Three goblins rush in, Ochita decapitates the first while you... (4)(5)(2) ...shoot at the second. Your shot pierces the goblin's throat, and it collapses, gurgling, on the floor. You move your hand to grab another arrow from your quiver, but then you realize, that you had used an arrow on a lowly goblin. Then you notice, amazed, that there are still three arrows in the quiver.

ALEC: You attempt to cast a protective spell on yourself... (6) ...and succeed perfectly, and watch as the goblins are quickly killed.

AMELIA: You move beside the door, and wait, as Asteranan opens the door. First two goblins are quickly killed, and the last one is... (5) ...easy to hit. You do so, and the last goblin falls down, unconscious.

You hear someone, with deep, male voice laugh. "Well done my 'champions'. Let us see, how you fight undead!"

The two dead goblins rise up.

Headless Goblin slashes at Asteranan... (4)(6) ...but Asteranan dodges, and easily moves to counter, and... (1) ...somehow manages to trip on the unconscious goblin.

Undead Goblin#2 slashes at Ochita... (3)(4) ...who barely blocks the blow.

Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:20:51 am by Ottofar »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: The Dungeon: Part I: RTD. Turn 3: There is an evil mastermind!
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 12:40:57 pm »

slice off arms of the undead
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Doopliss

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPULSIVE_EDITS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010, 01:38:34 pm »

>Turn Undead their asses.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010, 02:01:40 pm »

"Huh? What the hell--"

And then the corpses of the obviously dead goblins got back up and resumed trying to kill the others.

Scream and flee to the back of the chamber!

(Non-lethal weapons ftw! Without me, you'd be fighting three zombies. :P)

ED: If my initiative doesn't roll around until after all the zombies are dead, loot the bodies
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 06:36:03 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

7thsign

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 02:34:06 pm »

If any undead gobbos are left by my turn, I attempt to use my magic to control them. If not, I attempt to re-summon them as my minions.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 05:39:14 pm »

"...Well, I'll be damned." I say, chuckling. A quiver that probably carries an infinite amount of arrows. I hit the jackpot. Unfortunately, my mood is ruined when the goblins come back as zombies. I fucking hate zombies. If the others can't handle them, I'll try shooting Goblin #2 in the head. Zombies can't function without their brains, right? Right? Then I notice Amelia fleeing. "Where are you going?! Come back, dammit!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 05:45:26 pm »

If your planning to fire arrows I think your stupid. Arrows wont work, I fear that these zombies are just puppets they dont even need brains.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Doopliss

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPULSIVE_EDITS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 06:28:32 pm »

Go for a limb instead.  They obviously don't need brains if one of them is headless.

Actually, in-character tactical discussions seem kind of weird at a time like this...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 07:13:47 pm »

"do you realy think falling on my ass is gonna stop me?"

I do a jump kick from the ground, landing on my feet and perhaps hitting an enemy, i then proced to de-limb the undeads

edit: fixed up some typos
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 09:15:14 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 08:46:54 pm »

Well, if that's the case, I'll try shooting out one of their legs.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2010, 06:19:59 am »

Turn 4: Oh dear, They are dead.

OCHITA: You attack the headless goblin... (1) ...and miss, losing your balance. This opens up a chance for the creature to counter-attack... (1) ...but it uses too much power to strike, misses, spins around, and... (3[hit])(2) ...hits the other undead, who fails to react. The headless goblin's sword hits the chest... (6) ...and is pierced through entirely. (2) The headless zombie loses possession of the sword.

EDGAR: You cast an exorcism upon the headed zombie... (5)(1) ...and the creature falls backwards, unmoving, sword still lodged in it's chest.

AMELIA: You scream in fear, and flee to the other side of the room.

ALEC: You attempt to take control of the headless goblin... (6) ...but meet some resistance from the goblin's part (4) and something else... Something... darker(6). You are unable to gain control of it, but you feel the other power slipping too. You watch, as the undead is torn apart by your, and the other power's competing powers.

ASTERANAN: You do a spin-kick... (4) ...and land on your feet. You are about to strike, but the goblin is disintegrating, and you decide not to touch it.

SHYTON: You see the goblin disintegrating, and fire an arrow at it, just to see what happens. It passes through, and hits the wall, bouncing off.

Another male voice speaks, but this one sounds younger, and considerably less evil: "They weren't much of a trouble, were they? Let's see how you fare against a dragon!"
You hear rustling, and deep, male, evil voice talking: "Excuse me. That was my assistant. I was sleeping. There is no dragon in the next room. Only you must cross the Magma River Of DOOM. It has many creatures of fire." the voice laughs maniacally.
After a short while, you hear the less evil voice say: "Including a dragon!", less loudly.

Spoiler: creatures (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:34:57 am by Ottofar »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2010, 06:23:59 am »

I first make sure the live goblin cant move, then i wake it up and make it talk
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: The Dungeon: Part I: RTD. Turn 4: Oh dear, they are Dead!
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2010, 06:38:36 am »

Try to develop magical abilitys Wow I am so great, killing one and then making the headless goblin hit the other one
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7