Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: The Dungeon: Part I: RTD. Turn 7: Falling to the Core  (Read 5146 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
The Dungeon: Part I: RTD. Turn 7: Falling to the Core
« on: June 08, 2010, 05:10:22 am »

Okay, I decided to create my very own RTD.
Spoiler: Roll system (click to show/hide)
There are six players.
To join, you need:

1:A name.
2:A Class
3:Preferred weapon
3:Background, for RP purposes, if you want.

There are no firearms.

Players:
Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HailFire (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nimitz (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Doopliss (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 7thSign (click to show/hide)

Waiting List.

You wake up. You find yourself in a sack, and hear some muffled voices.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 05:11:05 am by Ottofar »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: The Dungeon: Part I: RTD.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 05:22:22 am »

I'm in, just need to think of class, SOOO MANY CHOICES
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 05:26:54 am »

Name: Asteranan
Class: Agile Clawfighter
Background: Orphaned at an early age, asteranan was taken in by (incoming cliche) A PACK OF WOLVES, lol, after growing up, Asteranan managed to somewhat integrate into society, and quickly learned how to fight, specifically with (attached to bracer and also with a rod in hand for added force) Steel Claws, also dodging.

First action GNAW ON THE BAG
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 05:49:13 am »

There. Took the freedom to add claws as your preferred weapon, as I added it this late.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 11:54:56 am »

Name: Ochita
Class: Swordsman
Prefered weapon: Rapier
Background: he was trained in his own countrys swordsman school when on his final day of school his hometown was burnt down by that rival of his. After having a long journey when he finally kills him he settles down until...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 02:16:07 pm »

Name: Amelia (birth name unknown)
Class: Thief
Weapon of Choice: Hand-to-hand / Blackjack
Background: The daughter of elven royalty who fled in disguise to a human city to evade assassins while she was an infant. Her parents' pursuers eventually caught up to them, and she grew up as an urchin in the streets with no clue as to her race or heritage, stealing to survive. As she's never seen another elf in her life, she typically wears a headband to conceal her 'abnormal features'.

First action (you posted the first RP bit, so I assume you're taking them): After waking up in the sack, check to see if I'm bound/they took my stuff. If not, get a knife from my toolkit and cut a peephole in the bag to observe my surroundings. If so, try to listen in on the conversation.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 03:11:47 pm »

Name: Shyton
Class: Archer
Weapon of choice: Bow & Arrow / Shortsword
Background: Shyton is an elf who used to be a soldier in his peoples' military, but he became embittered by all the conflict. He eventually left his home and became a mercenary, selling his services to the highest bidder. Shyton isn't evil, but he's very cynical and mistrusting. However, if someone manages to get through to him, they'll find that he really wants a reason to be happy again.

Is that good? :P

Doopliss

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPULSIVE_EDITS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 05:22:29 pm »

Name: Edgar
Class: Cleric
Weapon of Choice: Mace and Crossbow
Background: A young priest.  He found the life of a village cleric dull and unproductive, and chose to seek out need instead of waiting for it to come to him.  He's been travelling for eight months.

EDIT: Changed to a better-matching character
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:35:01 pm by Doopliss »

7thsign

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 08:55:02 pm »

Count me in!

Name: Alec
Class: Necromancer
Weapon of Choice: A Scythe that doubles as a magic staff
Background: An obsession with death led Alec as a young man to try and gain control over it. He has slowly grown his skills, and now sets off into the wold, convinced there is more out there to learn.

Edit: If we are doing actions - I meditate on the situation, letting my tendrils of dark power reach out and examine my surroundings.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:00:33 pm by 7thsign »

Doopliss

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPULSIVE_EDITS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 09:43:28 pm »

Ooo, disfunctional party hijinks.

If we're doing actions, I try to listen to the voices.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 09:53:17 pm »

oo yea, ps, the way the fighting style im thinking of works is a claw in each hand, with evasion/deflection of blows primary over offence

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 08:17:11 am »

If I'm in...

I will wriggle around a bit, trying to see if my shortsword is still there. If I have it, I will try to cut my way out of the bag. If not, then I'll look for some other way to get out of it.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 02:27:36 pm »

TURN 1: Sacked

ASTERANAN:
You gnaw on the bag. The cloth is surprisingly thin, and is cut easily. You quickly make a hole big enough for you to climb out, and use it. You look around, and see six other bags.  The room you're in is not very large, but it is very tall. You can see daylight, when you look up. There is a single door. There are three other people climbing out of the bags.

AMELIA:
You don't have your toolkit, but the knot was opened easily. You climb out of the bag, and observe your surroundings. You're in a room, which is not really large,. It's very tall, and by looking up, you can see daylight. There is a single door.  There are three other people climbing out of the bags.

ALEC: You feel... (6) ...everything around you. You're in a room, which is very tall, though not wide. There are people, if you go up the hole. There are seven bags in the room, with six of them containing people, and one of them containing weapon's, including your trusted scythe. Four of the people in the sacks are climbing out. There is a single door  in the room, and behind it you feel... (5)(Doorroll 2)...three live beings, which are not very large.

EDGAR: You try to listen the voices... (2) ...and hear something ripping.

SHYTON: Your shortsword isn't in with you, but you feel the cloth is very weak. You go to fetal position, and then extend your legs. The cloth rips open. You climb out, and see three bags, with something inside, and three, which are empty. There  are three people standing in the room. The room is not very wide, but is very tall, and there is daylight, where the roof should be. There is a door in the room.

OCHITA: You get out of the bag, to see three other people, and three bags containing something in the room. The room is not very wide, but is very tall, and there is daylight, where the roof should be. There is also an average sized door in the room.

You hear someone shout at you: "Looks like you're awaken! You are all now in THE DUNGEON®! You're here to entertain the King! If you survive through, you shall be greatly rewarded! Your equipment is in the last bag. Remember: Do not trust the mushroom king!"
The daylight fades, as the hatch cover is closed. The walls are self-luminating, however, and any of you has no trouble seeing.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 02:31:47 pm »

This one full?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 02:33:28 pm »

Yeah, sorry. Waiting list is empty, though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7