Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Going to a 'real' school. :-O  (Read 6279 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Going to a 'real' school. :-O
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 12:23:33 pm »

Don't follow any of the advice these guys are giving, I've tried it all and failed horribly. Just be yourself and find a good group of friends to hang around with. Some people will hate you but that's inevitable.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 10:32:10 pm »

Don't follow any of the advice these guys are giving, I've tried it all and failed horribly. Just be yourself and find a good group of friends to hang around with. Some people will hate you Require beatings but that's inevitable.
Fixed.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 10:36:43 pm »

I still don't think the vast majority of you have ever been in a fist fight before, let alone won one.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 11:07:03 pm »

I would not win in a fist fight.

I am super skinny, and do not exercise since I took Irish dance (Hard heels and toes are fun to click around.) lessons about a year ago. I'd been doing this since I was 3, but I quit. I didn't like it any more.

I imagine I could probably kick alright, but fist fighting =/= fail.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 11:46:59 pm »

Well... odds are your legs are longer than your opponents arms, so hypotheticallyyou would win, you could kick at him and he wouldn't be able to get close enough to punch you.

Notice the emphasis, don't try this at home school anywhere
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 11:53:56 pm »

I still don't think the vast majority of you have ever been in a fist fight before, let alone won one.
I was in a fight once, but it ended before I noticed it. I thought it was just a couple of kids being annoying in the hall like usual. Oh, wait...

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2010, 02:27:21 am »

To the OP: your situation seemed very familiar to me, so I looked it up. Apparently yours is a common problem, and has been addressed often on TV and other media.

This is the advice I have for you:

1) Watch Mean Girls at least twice. Commit it to memory.
2) Imitate everything Lindasy Lohan does.
3) You win at teh school.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2010, 02:30:03 am »

Lindsy Lohan is a certified idiot.

She had a friend put a glow stick on her alcohol watcher, and then spilled a drink on it...surrrreeee.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 02:42:48 am »

About 2. Ish. Definitely 1, the next one wasn't really a fight. Just a really, really nasty punch.
Grakelin, I think you remember from the other thread, Italian kid. Dorito crumbs, anger.

The second one was planned, it was a just testing of our abilities to see who 'would' win in a fight. We weren't enemies (I have no idea why I"m speaking in the past tense.) and, well, he technically won. We circled a bit, popped a few off, then we got locked and my left side of my stomach was unprotected, so he kept on jabbing there, and I eventually fell to the ground. They decided that was end of it. I would've been willing to keep on going. [Insert angryface here]

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 02:50:49 am »

I wonder how many of you ever actually beat anybody up in high school.

In my experience, any fights in a school that go on for longer than a punch end badly for both sides.

I've ended three fights with a single punch, but every single time I've gone on longer than that either I've been beaten and the other guy's gotten into trouble or the other guy's been beaten and I've gotten into trouble. But 'beat up' sort of implies it was pretty one sided. It never is, and if it is and you're winning, what the fuck are you doing beating up on a dude who's no match for you? He couldn't possibly be a threat worthy of violence.

Also, whoever suggested that Quinnr take a knife to school and poke out a guy's eyes at the first sign of trouble had the right idea. I have no idea how that could possibly go wrong.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 02:58:24 am »

It's quite easy to defuse a fist fight. Simply offer sexual favors. Take advantage of the gender identity confusion all those other teenagers are undergoing*.

*Your results may vary.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2010, 03:00:45 am »

Another way to easily defuse a fist fight is to start de-robing

"Want to go, huh?"
*Takes off pants*
"Alright, let's do this"
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2010, 03:07:46 am »

Yes. Listen to us, OP. We are clearly the voice of reason.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2010, 03:24:09 am »

I don't think I shall be using...that particular way of staying out of fights....
:-P

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2010, 04:33:33 am »

I'm surprised to hear it's not just me that does that.

Seriously, listen to the two deranged forum goers.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6