Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Going to a 'real' school. :-O  (Read 6278 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Going to a 'real' school. :-O
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:09:56 pm »

So, everyone knows that when you are worried about your social life, asking a forum community that believes in cutting up and eating dead cats is good, and that magma is 'fun', is a great idea.

Anyways, I've not been to a traditional school environment for...5 years. The only reason I'm not completely antisocial is because I go to church every other weekend and see friends and stuff who I've known for 10 years, and...that's about it. But I'll be moving in December, so I am very stressed about that currently.

What's more, it's been decided that I'm to go to a 'real' high school this year. It goes without saying that I am very nervous/anxious about being an outcast with no friends who is picked on and beat up. So, are my fears uncalled for? I don't know, I'm just pretty stressed lately, but I'm worried about going to a traditional school. My stepmom is 'really excited for me', and thinks a real school shall be great for me. I don't really know what my other family thinks though. Anyways, should I be worrying? I don't think I lack social skills, but I might. Who knows, it's not like I've talked to many people for a few years :-P.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Going to a 'real' school. :-O
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:13:19 pm »

Yours fears are poorly rationalized, but normal.
Seriously, if someone who tries to avoid social contact like me makes friends, so can you.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 01:39:37 am »

I was home schooled in middle school. Worst experience of my life.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 04:11:26 am »

You'll be fine. Worst case scenario you are slightly more awkward and then take a little while to adjust to how you would normally be. Besides, you haven't been completely isolated from the world.

Zalaeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 10:13:40 am »

"Yours fears are poorly rationalized, but normal.
Seriously, if someone who tries to avoid social contact like me makes friends, so can you."

You've only been lucky, I was not avoiding anything and had absolutely no social life for over 3 years in high school. Don't tell him to do nothing about it, he needs to at least try to talk to people, or it is possible something like what happened to me happens to him.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 12:07:10 pm »

who is picked on and beat up

I recommend carrying a sharp item safely stored in each of your pockets (probably with a makeshift sheath, but something that doesnt make it too hard to quickly pull out the sharp item). When aggressed, aim for the eyes. Actually, aim for the eyes at all times when around people who might possibly think about picking on you/beating you up. On the first move/insult on their parts, poke their eyes out, then use the few seconds (or much, much more if done right) that they lie in shock and pain to pull out your sharp items. Preferably one or two in each hand (bonus points if you hold them to have them look like Wolverine's claws). The rest is easy to improvise and thus I leave it up to your imagination.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 12:22:54 pm »

I recommend carrying a sharp item safely stored in each of your pockets (probably with a makeshift sheath, but something that doesnt make it too hard to quickly pull out the sharp item). When aggressed, aim for the eyes. Actually, aim for the eyes at all times when around people who might possibly think about picking on you/beating you up. On the first move/insult on their parts, poke their eyes out, then use the few seconds (or much, much more if done right) that they lie in shock and pain to pull out your sharp items. Preferably one or two in each hand (bonus points if you hold them to have them look like Wolverine's claws). The rest is easy to improvise and thus I leave it up to your imagination.

What the hell, man? What the hell?
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 12:24:32 pm »

We give bad advice around here, yes.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 01:03:41 pm »

-mindlessly follows all of Bay12 advice-
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 01:14:04 pm »

... Maybe it's just me, but the worst problem I've had in high school life I brought upon myself (I was using something that looked like roadkill as a purse). It may just be because I go to a good school (According to my teachers we haven't ever had a real fight here).

I think it may depend on where your moving, though. It seems to me the inner city schools have more of a problem with bullying and the like compared to more rural schools...
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 01:38:05 pm »

Go to a high school, adjust, make friends, deal with the same social shit that all high school students deal with. Some days will suck, yeah, but overall it's worth it. You need the social contact.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 01:59:48 pm »

If anybody tries picking on you, fuck them up to show you ain't nuttin to fuck wit
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 02:32:58 pm »

If anybody tries picking on you, fuck them up to show you ain't nuttin to fuck wit

On the first day, you either kill someone or you become someone's bitch.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 02:33:43 pm »

On the first day, you either kill someone or you become someone's bitch.

That's what I'm saying! Only my way is much more detailed and thus much more useful. Obviously.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 02:56:43 pm »

I wonder how many of you ever actually beat anybody up in high school.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6