Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400975 times)

Noir

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Evil Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.15
« Reply #1425 on: June 01, 2011, 03:19:51 am »

I tried to auto-dump the clothes and weapons from a hostile goblin. It made a clothing tile image appear at the target point, but when I saved and reloaded, they hadn't been changed. Is dumping from enemy inventories working for other people?

Don't know, I always dumped items from the ground.
Naked dwarves remove the need to produce more clothing, which means more of your pig tails can be brewed into booze.
I think this is less a problem and more an expression of dwarven priorities.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 01, 2011, 08:19:15 am »

What does "flow forbid" status mean in dfprobe output? It's on some magma or water tiles, but I cannot make sense of it. Also a nitpicking, but dfprobe lists both liquids as "water", which may be slightly misleading.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 01, 2011, 12:44:46 pm »

Wait if the game could allow jumps across the map if one does the quantum leap exploit, could someone make it so the player could control where he warps to in the travel menu?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1428 on: June 01, 2011, 01:14:02 pm »

I tried to auto-dump the clothes and weapons from a hostile goblin. It made a clothing tile image appear at the target point, but when I saved and reloaded, they hadn't been changed. Is dumping from enemy inventories working for other people?
I thought I explicitly disallowed that... looks like there was some error in my logic. Problem is, that those items are in creature inventories and the tool *can't* get them out of there. It should've done nothing.

What does "flow forbid" status mean in dfprobe output? It's on some magma or water tiles, but I cannot make sense of it. Also a nitpicking, but dfprobe lists both liquids as "water", which may be slightly misleading.
It should mean that the liquid at that position isn't updated by the game. Combined with the equivalent flag of map blocks, it can be used to stop water from flowing, or make it flow, if it ever gets stuck (a particularly funny bug I only managed to trigger once).

And it really shouldn't list both as water. That's weird.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:20:50 pm by peterix »

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 01, 2011, 06:07:58 pm »

I thought I explicitly disallowed that... looks like there was some error in my logic. Problem is, that those items are in creature inventories and the tool *can't* get them out of there. It should've done nothing.

Okay, I tested it in as close to the original circumstances as possible and it did nothing, so maybe I got it confused with some other piece of clothing actually being dumped.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 01, 2011, 07:14:01 pm »

I'd like to say, "Good job!", and to see if it would be possible to make a particular utility.  Would it be possible to make a Reveal tool that ONLY reveals veins?  Or stone?
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 01, 2011, 07:23:27 pm »

I'd like to say, "Good job!", and to see if it would be possible to make a particular utility.  Would it be possible to make a Reveal tool that ONLY reveals veins?  Or stone?
you mean DFdig?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 01, 2011, 08:45:38 pm »

No - rather, a mix of VDig and Reveal.  When you run this theoretical application, it reveals all veins on the map, without issuing a dig order or revealing any tiles that are open.   

Alternatively, the application might reveal all stone of all types on the map, but wouldn't reveal any tiles that were empty.  This would reveal the shape of the Caverns but not actually discover them. 
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1433 on: June 01, 2011, 09:47:16 pm »

No - rather, a mix of VDig and Reveal.  When you run this theoretical application, it reveals all veins on the map, without issuing a dig order or revealing any tiles that are open.   

Alternatively, the application might reveal all stone of all types on the map, but wouldn't reveal any tiles that were empty.  This would reveal the shape of the Caverns but not actually discover them.
That's a damn good idea.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #1434 on: June 02, 2011, 12:56:38 am »

It should mean that the liquid at that position isn't updated by the game. Combined with the equivalent flag of map blocks, it can be used to stop water from flowing, or make it flow, if it ever gets stuck (a particularly funny bug I only managed to trigger once).

I've done some testing, and it looks like flow_forbid is normally set on tiles with at least 4/7 water*, or with magma of any depth. I haven't seen any effect on flow; that seems to depend entirely on the block flags. It looks like it has more to do with pathfinding/marking dangerous terrain.

*I've occasionally seen it set with less, but not consistently; there's probably a delay or something to help pathfinding deal with rapid fluctuations.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 02, 2011, 03:38:12 am »

I've done some testing, and it looks like flow_forbid is normally set on tiles with at least 4/7 water*, or with magma of any depth. I haven't seen any effect on flow; that seems to depend entirely on the block flags. It looks like it has more to do with pathfinding/marking dangerous terrain.

*I've occasionally seen it set with less, but not consistently; there's probably a delay or something to help pathfinding deal with rapid fluctuations.

Yes, I've seen it mostly on 4/7 or more too, but I've found two distinctive exceptions:
1) in my waterway connected to an artificial waterfall (so constantly on move, theoretically) there are tiles without that flag and with it, including 3/7.
2) in top layer of magma, where I removed most magma so all tiles are 2/7 or 3/7 they are all "flow forbid", despite fluctuating between 2/7 and 3/7. I have my pumps off (and had them off for months of game time), so it's natural fluctuation.

And about that water text thing I mean the text bolded in this excerpt from dfprobe output:
temperature1: 12000 U
temperature2: 12000 U
biome: 4
geolayer: 15
Layer material: 171 / DIORITE /
water: 3
flow forbid
biomestuffs: 0x1ec066c0

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: June 02, 2011, 06:42:19 am »

if flow_forbit prevents plathfinding, I'd assume it would always be there for magma, no?

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 02, 2011, 06:59:57 am »

if flow_forbit prevents plathfinding, I'd assume it would always be there for magma, no?

For magma yes, but why it is enabled for certain water tiles? I had a problem, described here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85116.msg2290151#msg2290151 and in earlier posts in this thread. Now, thanks to dfprobe, I've found that these impassable 3/7 files are in fact "flow forbid". It mus be a bug, because normally water level 3/7 should be passable.

Additionally, when dwarves are caught in water (or magma) they can somehow path through these, though not always successfully...

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 02, 2011, 01:58:46 pm »

Yes, I've seen it mostly on 4/7 or more too, but I've found two distinctive exceptions:
1) in my waterway connected to an artificial waterfall (so constantly on move, theoretically) there are tiles without that flag and with it, including 3/7.
2) in top layer of magma, where I removed most magma so all tiles are 2/7 or 3/7 they are all "flow forbid", despite fluctuating between 2/7 and 3/7. I have my pumps off (and had them off for months of game time), so it's natural fluctuation.

And about that water text thing I mean the text bolded in this excerpt from dfprobe output:
temperature1: 12000 U
temperature2: 12000 U
biome: 4
geolayer: 15
Layer material: 171 / DIORITE /
water: 3
flow forbid
biomestuffs: 0x1ec066c0
That should probably say liquid level.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1439 on: June 02, 2011, 06:38:08 pm »

That's a damn good idea.

You know what else would be nice? An option to reveal all tiles designated for digging so that they will not cancel due to wet/warm stone (e.g. when digging below a river/lake or above the magma sea).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 108