Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 401000 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.14
« Reply #1410 on: May 22, 2011, 03:51:55 pm »

hmm I must have skim that part.
Well still Arena mode still causes a small chance of everybody to go nuts and kill each other.
I wonder if saving into Arena mode would lead to getting the list of creatures back?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: May 23, 2011, 12:15:10 am »

Odditys of odditys. I had downloaded dfhack, and it would not work, as I stated above. Then loaded Lazynewb pack, and Hack worked. Vista must be posessed
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: May 25, 2011, 05:24:20 pm »

Whenever I run dfprospector it goes ahead and lists every single unit of everything I have on the embark and the command line runs out of room so I can't scroll up to see what the actual mineral counts are.

Is there any way to have it not show everything?, just minerals. This is my first time using dfprospectoR.
Using Windows7

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: May 25, 2011, 05:44:14 pm »

DFprospector has been working fine until just now, and now it's giving me this:

pread failed: can't read 4 bytes at addres 0
errno: 5
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DFHack::Error::MemoryAccessDenied'
  what():  Invalid memory access @0x0
Aborted

I'm fairly sure nothing's changed since I last made an attempt at prospecting. DFcleanmap doesn't give this error, but fails to do anything.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #1414 on: May 25, 2011, 06:56:41 pm »

Is there any way to have it not show everything?, just minerals.

Looks like you can run it with the -p option (which is not mentioned in the readme for some reason) to skip all the plants stuff. See also: this post about increasing the console buffer size.

Actually, given the amount of stuff prospector puts out, it might be a good idea to change dfprospector-all.bat to something like
Code: [Select]
echo | dfprospector.exe -a > dfprospector_report.txt
@dfprospector_report.txt
That should automagically pop up the results in notepad (the "echo |" bit is a workaround for the "Press any key to finish." stuff).
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

nanomars

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: May 25, 2011, 07:26:46 pm »

not work on windows 7 - exit with fatal error

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1416 on: May 25, 2011, 08:37:48 pm »

I've been noticing odd problems as well with dfprospector utterly failing to parse plant information, though the next release (pulled sources from git and made a build from them) should work properly.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: May 26, 2011, 01:06:16 am »

Is there any way to have it not show everything?, just minerals.

Looks like you can run it with the -p option (which is not mentioned in the readme for some reason) to skip all the plants stuff. See also: this post about increasing the console buffer size.

Actually, given the amount of stuff prospector puts out, it might be a good idea to change dfprospector-all.bat to something like
Code: [Select]
echo | dfprospector.exe -a > dfprospector_report.txt
@dfprospector_report.txt
That should automagically pop up the results in notepad (the "echo |" bit is a workaround for the "Press any key to finish." stuff).

dfprospector-all crashes when I try your suggestion and also crashes with the -p suffix
I CAN scroll up when using dfprospector.exe, but the info goes beyond the buffer of the scrolling and even when I tried changing the buffer to an absurdly high number, the scroll length stays teh same.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.5.15
« Reply #1418 on: May 27, 2011, 02:39:30 am »

Ok. Another release, again with more tools. I think it should fix some of the bugs (and hopefully not add new ones).
Mass tree destruction is totally possible with the dfimmolate tool and insta-growing saplings into trees with dfgrow.

Veinlook works on windows now... and I added the dfstatus tool: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84960.0
Make sure you set up your cmd.exe to use a sensible buffer/window size when using those.
EDIT:
looks like I'll have to make a fix release. The item ownership removal tool doesn't work.

Should work OK now. It was just a missing offset. The tool actually removes the ownership links now, not just marks the items as 'not owned'. The required offset wasn't added to Windows DF versions.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 05:24:25 am by peterix »

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: May 30, 2011, 12:28:58 pm »

Ah, it's fuс king great.

Thank you, Peterix.
Finis sanctificat media.

Noir

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Evil Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: May 31, 2011, 03:29:43 pm »

I have this problem with autodump - where the autodumped items become invisible.
They are still there though: if I mass-reclaim their area they are picked up, if I atom-smash them I will get messages for destroyed masterwork items, ecc. - I simply cannot interact with them, they don't show up in the menu when I 'k' over them.

Is this a known problem, or it's just me?

EDIT: saving and reloading makes the items show up again. Mhhh....
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 03:46:17 pm by Noir »
Naked dwarves remove the need to produce more clothing, which means more of your pig tails can be brewed into booze.
I think this is less a problem and more an expression of dwarven priorities.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1421 on: May 31, 2011, 05:33:27 pm »

Known, not really a problem. I don't mess around with some of the game's data structures. Items are stored globally, and locally for each 16x16 block. I don't move the enties from block to block, so to change the position fully, you need to reload the fort. Apart from not showing up in the menu, it doesn't seem to break anything... so, whatever.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: May 31, 2011, 06:27:00 pm »

I have this problem with autodump - where the autodumped items become invisible.
They are still there though: if I mass-reclaim their area they are picked up, if I atom-smash them I will get messages for destroyed masterwork items, ecc. - I simply cannot interact with them, they don't show up in the menu when I 'k' over them.

Yeah it's a known issue. The Local Item cache is pretty much in WTF state over the newly moved items.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: May 31, 2011, 07:08:45 pm »

I tried to auto-dump the clothes and weapons from a hostile goblin. It made a clothing tile image appear at the target point, but when I saved and reloaded, they hadn't been changed. Is dumping from enemy inventories working for other people?

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #1424 on: May 31, 2011, 11:46:24 pm »

While debugging my Pascal interface for DFHack, I found that the current offset for Materials/creature/tile_color is wrong; it should be 0xf8 for DF 0.31.22+.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 108