Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 401186 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.5.13
« Reply #1290 on: April 30, 2011, 01:24:03 pm »

Question: Is it possible to spawn other solid materials besides obsidian using DF Hack, DF liquids?

I recall Tweak's Tile Editor could create a vast number of tiles, so it might be at least possible to do. Do you think you might consider adding this functionality in the future? If so, do you think it could create grass growing surfaces in mountain biomes when the surface layer of rock is stripped away by say, spawning an area of white sand and digging out the top while leaving the bottom "floor layer?"

DFHack can make those all fine. Just change the value used in the obsidian function.

Well, what is really required here is to have a sensible user interface for this. dfliquids is rather limited in that regard, and printing a 520 item long list into a terminal to choose a tiletype from isn't really any good IMHO. It's also true that placing tile types sometimes requires more than just setting the number, because you don't want to have magma inside a wall, or your dwarves 'stuck in geometry'.

My plan is to have a simple map editor, preferably written in Qt. For that, I'll need time and a way to not F up pathing by changing the map ;)

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 30, 2011, 01:28:24 pm »

Question: Is it possible to spawn other solid materials besides obsidian using DF Hack, DF liquids?

I recall Tweak's Tile Editor could create a vast number of tiles, so it might be at least possible to do. Do you think you might consider adding this functionality in the future? If so, do you think it could create grass growing surfaces in mountain biomes when the surface layer of rock is stripped away by say, spawning an area of white sand and digging out the top while leaving the bottom "floor layer?"

DFHack can make those all fine. Just change the value used in the obsidian function.

Well, what is really required here is to have a sensible user interface for this. dfliquids is rather limited in that regard, and printing a 520 item long list into a terminal to choose a tiletype from isn't really any good IMHO. It's also true that placing tile types sometimes requires more than just setting the number, because you don't want to have magma inside a wall, or your dwarves 'stuck in geometry'.

My plan is to have a simple map editor, preferably written in Qt. For that, I'll need time and a way to not F up pathing by changing the map ;)
I've been working on a Qt facade for DFHack, which will allow QML to use it.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 30, 2011, 09:15:28 pm »

didn't someone get close to making a brush tile editor?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1293 on: April 30, 2011, 09:30:49 pm »

didn't someone get close to making a brush tile editor?
No idea. My guess is, that even if there is something like that, 'close' won't cut it. I'm better off making my own anyway. All the pieces needed for an editor are there already. Actually, just about anything (vdig, liquids, etc.) that uses MapCache is an editor. The terminal stuff fits what the tools do, but doesn't provide enough room for expansion :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: May 01, 2011, 03:04:22 am »

yeah even in 31.xx you still could just not in the most recent version(or was that .25 modded I don't know still doesn't work for me)... unless andux fix that issue.

It works with .25 for me; but, yeah, if the exe itself is modded, that could definitely cause issues, since Tweak uses a hash of the whole executable to identify the version. What does it say in the log? There should be a line like:
Code: [Select]
   Verbose: Selected game with process ID 1234, hash is 6ada05fc94785b53efe6aa5728b3756b.If your hash is different, you could try making a copy of the 0.31.25_sdl entry in versions.xml with the new hash.
the error is this

Gibbed.DwarfFortress.Tweak.Win32Exception: error 299
   at Gibbed.DwarfFortress.Tweak.ProcessMemory.Read(UInt32 address, Byte[]& data, UInt32 size)
   at Gibbed.DwarfFortress.Tweak.ProcessMemory.ReadU32(UInt32 address)
   at Gibbed.DwarfFortress.Tools.TileEdit.Module.Run(ModuleMode mode, IVersion version, IMemory memory, ILogger log, String[] args)
   at Gibbed.DwarfFortress.Tweak.ModulePicker.onActivateModule(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnItemActivate(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
though my hash is the same.
<version name="0.31.25_sdl" hash="6ada05fc94785b53efe6aa5728b3756b" />
"body swapping and YOU!"

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #1295 on: May 01, 2011, 05:01:21 pm »

Gibbed.DwarfFortress.Tweak.Win32Exception: error 299
[. . .]

Sounds like this error on Vista; might be fixable...

OK, I put together a modified version of the Tweak executable which uses the value 0x00100E78* in place of PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS; if it works any better I'll put it in the next release.

*i.e., PROCESS_DUP_HANDLE | PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION | PROCESS_SET_INFORMATION | PROCESS_SUSPEND_RESUME | PROCESS_VM_OPERATION | PROCESS_VM_READ | PROCESS_VM_WRITE | SYNCHRONIZE
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 01, 2011, 05:23:34 pm »

oh I'm on win 7. edit: oh sorry.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:33:32 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1297 on: May 01, 2011, 05:41:01 pm »

Guys, I have nothing against Tweak, but this isn't really dfhack-related.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 01, 2011, 10:22:11 pm »

This sounds cool. I just started messing with Qt and lua, and I didn't even know that QML existed. I was thinking of using SLB (simple lua bindings) to expose dfhack classes to lua and then provide some sort of way to create ui widgets from lua, but what you're talking about sounds better.

Can QML be used as a general purpose language and can you expose arbitrary C++ classes (like all the dfhack classes) to it?

I think creating some relatively easy way for people to write dfhack tools with a scripting language and a gui will greatly increase the number of tools out there.

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 01, 2011, 10:58:46 pm »

This sounds cool. I just started messing with Qt and lua, and I didn't even know that QML existed. I was thinking of using SLB (simple lua bindings) to expose dfhack classes to lua and then provide some sort of way to create ui widgets from lua, but what you're talking about sounds better.

Can QML be used as a general purpose language and can you expose arbitrary C++ classes (like all the dfhack classes) to it?

I think creating some relatively easy way for people to write dfhack tools with a scripting language and a gui will greatly increase the number of tools out there.
There looks to already be a(n atleast partial) python interface for it. Making classes available for QML takes some work.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1300 on: May 01, 2011, 11:24:30 pm »

Hmm... I don't totally get it all just from skimming the qml c++ binding docs for a few minutes, but it looks like you'd have to write QObject wrappers for all of the dfhack classes that you want to expose. I guess you then have to worry about translating return data from the dfhack methods into various QObjects.....

Basically, what I was thinking of is something like this: Some sort of app that loads one or more script plugins (each in it's own file) and presents a window with, say, one folder tab per plugin. Each plugin is a script in some scripting language (python, javascript-like such as QML, lua... I don't really care except that it should be as easy/familiar to as many people as possible) that declares some sort of user interface in some sort of initialization function ("add checkbox with label x", "add pushbutton with label y", etc.) preferably in the simplest terms possible. Then when someone clicks a tab, the plugin's ui is shown and ui widget events get dispatched to methods in the plugin script, etc, and those methods call dfhack class methods.

Assuming that QML implements enough of javascript and has enough support functions available, it sounds like this might be a good way to do things.... Lots of people know javascript and would be able to figure out how to write plugins fairly quickly.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1301 on: May 01, 2011, 11:35:56 pm »

Just located a potentially useful offset in version 0.31.25 - on my system (XP SP3) it's at 0x14F0AB8, and it's a vector that contains a byte for each plant and specifies (with the value 00 or 01) whether or not you are permitted to plant seeds for it in a farm plot. Might be nice for players frustrated by the inability to plant stuff that they created using reactions.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: May 02, 2011, 02:11:01 am »

I'm not going to write a detailed post, because I am kind of trashed but please don't use QML for what you guys are talking about.

I <3 qt, but please ask yourself when X became simpler than Y.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: May 02, 2011, 02:52:17 am »

I'm not going to write a detailed post, because I am kind of trashed but please don't use QML for what you guys are talking about.

I <3 qt, but please ask yourself when X became simpler than Y.
This is a side project. QML will be supported for GUIs. I don't know what ral is on about.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1304 on: May 02, 2011, 07:44:47 am »

All I'm talking about is some sort of UI with the ability to load dfhack plugins written in some sort of scripting language. Doesn't sound like jaxad is really interested in the core concept of this so I will keep researching on my own....
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 108