Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 401180 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.13
« Reply #1275 on: April 28, 2011, 01:46:07 pm »

Is there a way to make magma workshops appear in the build menu?
Not yet. Patches are a planned feature. There is a (vague) design, but nobody to implement it... See: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/issues/22

Thank you very much for this. The consideration is appreciated along with your work in general. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 28, 2011, 02:16:49 pm »

I wonder if the reverse could happen and get dwarves to wear clothes even those 2 sizes too big.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

twalberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 28, 2011, 02:29:31 pm »

Commit df9467 (Merged pull request #76 from tomprince/master.) breaks building for me. It added a couple cases in a switch statement in unreveal.cpp that reference #defines that don't exist.

Either it's dependent on something that didn't get committed, or it's just wrong. Looking at the code, I suspect the latter, as STREAM and STREAM_TOP aren't in the same enum as the rest of the tags referenced in that switch.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 28, 2011, 04:45:16 pm »

Oh, and someone sent me a tool that lets you teleport all items marked for dumping to the cursor. It will be in the next release ;)

Oh glorious day!  I can finally get rid of all those bolts that always end up in my moats without a complicated process of draining and refilling that takes longer than it takes for the greenskins to show up again and deposit more!

Here's a diamond as thanks!  

EDIT:failpost.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:49:10 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 28, 2011, 05:29:33 pm »

Commit df9467 (Merged pull request #76 from tomprince/master.) breaks building for me. It added a couple cases in a switch statement in unreveal.cpp that reference #defines that don't exist.

Either it's dependent on something that didn't get committed, or it's just wrong. Looking at the code, I suspect the latter, as STREAM and STREAM_TOP aren't in the same enum as the rest of the tags referenced in that switch.
A fix has already been committed.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 28, 2011, 06:20:08 pm »

Hehe tried to compile just the cpp for the new autodump as a "I'm going to take a C++ class anyway, I might as well give this a shot" experience, failed miserably once it started asking for headers, then the headers asked for headers, and then I gave up.

C++ is more complex than it looks.   Anyway keep up the good work guys, and good luck!  :D
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 29, 2011, 02:37:19 am »

Hehe tried to compile just the cpp for the new autodump as a "I'm going to take a C++ class anyway, I might as well give this a shot" experience, failed miserably once it started asking for headers, then the headers asked for headers, and then I gave up.

C++ is more complex than it looks.   Anyway keep up the good work guys, and good luck!  :D
You rarely compile even slightly complex C++ programs that way. You usually use a build system. Read one of the COMPILE files included with DFHack for step-by-step instructions.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 29, 2011, 10:30:47 am »

I've been spawning in lots of obsidian with the new obsidian spawning range option. It's been great, and has allowed the construction of obsidian towers etc without taking me months of real time I just don't have. Thank you again.

Question: Is it possible to spawn other solid materials besides obsidian using DF Hack, DF liquids?

I recall Tweak's Tile Editor could create a vast number of tiles, so it might be at least possible to do. Do you think you might consider adding this functionality in the future? If so, do you think it could create grass growing surfaces in mountain biomes when the surface layer of rock is stripped away by say, spawning an area of white sand and digging out the top while leaving the bottom "floor layer?"

The applications are limitless in both fortress and adventure mode. One could spawn an entire fortress while paused in either mode. Having your own adventure mode castle could be a reality! :D

Humbly asking,
Truean

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 29, 2011, 10:53:58 am »

If you're building RiverSources, is a size of 0 supposed to zap it out of existence? "Why do you ask? You should be very careful dropping those anywhere..." Built a pool, forgot a support pillar in it, and now I can't destroy the pillar conventionally. I suppose I could wall it off with Obsidian...

Is there any way to make a brook?
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1284 on: April 29, 2011, 12:46:02 pm »

Question: Is it possible to spawn other solid materials besides obsidian using DF Hack, DF liquids?
The only "materials" a tile can be made of are "soil", "layer stone", "mineral" (a vein or cluster), "map feature" (raw adamantine or slade), ice, "lava stone" (i.e. obsidian), or "construction" (which requires an already existing item).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 29, 2011, 02:13:39 pm »

The only "materials" a tile can be made of are "soil", "layer stone", "mineral" (a vein or cluster), "map feature" (raw adamantine or slade), ice, "lava stone" (i.e. obsidian), or "construction" (which requires an already existing item).

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rick/Tweak/Tile_Edit

You could make almost any tile with that program in d40. Ice, native stone (whatever the stone layer was), up/downstairs/slope, floor, smoothed, rough whatever.

Please don't quote me.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 29, 2011, 02:47:30 pm »

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rick/Tweak/Tile_Edit

You could make almost any tile with that program in d40. Ice, native stone (whatever the stone layer was), up/downstairs/slope, floor, smoothed, rough whatever.
yeah even in 31.xx you still could just not in the most recent version(or was that .25 modded I don't know still doesn't work for me)... unless andux fix that issue.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #1287 on: April 29, 2011, 05:41:21 pm »

yeah even in 31.xx you still could just not in the most recent version(or was that .25 modded I don't know still doesn't work for me)... unless andux fix that issue.

It works with .25 for me; but, yeah, if the exe itself is modded, that could definitely cause issues, since Tweak uses a hash of the whole executable to identify the version. What does it say in the log? There should be a line like:
Code: [Select]
   Verbose: Selected game with process ID 1234, hash is 6ada05fc94785b53efe6aa5728b3756b.If your hash is different, you could try making a copy of the 0.31.25_sdl entry in versions.xml with the new hash.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 30, 2011, 12:17:26 pm »

so does this mean I have to do this for every .25 conversion of dwarf fortress?
"body swapping and YOU!"

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 30, 2011, 12:44:01 pm »

DFHack can make those all fine. Just change the value used in the obsidian function.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 108