Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 401147 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DFHack 0.5.10
« Reply #1095 on: March 30, 2011, 08:36:33 am »

Wouldn't really work with caverns and the magma sea. The real way to do it would just make dfreveal dump its previous revealed tile info to a file just to be safe.

Sure it would - if a cavern hasn't been discovered yet, then the flood-fill search won't reach it since solid stone will be in the way, but if it's been opened up, then you'll be able to see it. The only issue is that it would bypass the sight range checking that normally happens when you discover caverns.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

jabbamonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 30, 2011, 09:09:42 am »

Reveal doesn't work with the latest version...

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 30, 2011, 10:25:59 am »

Does on my install. Did you update the memory.xml file for DFHack? Without the correct MD5/offsets, it can't find the correct memory to modify...

(Please direct thanks for the link to SalmonGod. Thanks, SalmonGod!)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:27:55 am by Nameless Archon »

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1098 on: March 30, 2011, 12:10:50 pm »

Wouldn't really work with caverns and the magma sea. The real way to do it would just make dfreveal dump its previous revealed tile info to a file just to be safe.

Sure it would - if a cavern hasn't been discovered yet, then the flood-fill search won't reach it since solid stone will be in the way, but if it's been opened up, then you'll be able to see it. The only issue is that it would bypass the sight range checking that normally happens when you discover caverns.
Not necessarily. This can be done too...

Amikron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 30, 2011, 01:51:20 pm »

Does on my install. Did you update the memory.xml file for DFHack? Without the correct MD5/offsets, it can't find the correct memory to modify...

(Please direct thanks for the link to SalmonGod. Thanks, SalmonGod!)

Anyone else able to post this mediafire is giving errors.  :-\

Amikron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 30, 2011, 02:24:18 pm »

Why thank you!  :D

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1102 on: March 30, 2011, 06:28:19 pm »

OK, everyone running DFHack in wine (and all the Windows users looking for a pre-release), check this out: https://github.com/downloads/peterix/dfhack/dfhack-test.zip

I've reverted the xml reader library to an earlier version. You shouldn't be getting random weird xml/offset errors now. At least I hope it's fixed. The tests I did with linux+wine show some promise in that regard ;)
I also made DFHack stop ALL DF's threads instead of just the main one. DFHack on wine should be as safe as the other methods now. This means DF sounds will skip with something like stonesense active, but it's safer. Play music in something else if it bothers you. If too many people hate it, I might add a whitelist that lets the music stuff run. Fixing bugs has higher priority though.

So, all those osx and linux people, please test and tell me if it works for you now.

Oh, and this one has the few Memory.xml lines needed for 31.25. I haven't tested them thoroughly, and I'll do that before the real release. You've been warned ;)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 30, 2011, 06:39:36 pm »

OK, everyone running DFHack in wine (and all the Windows users looking for a pre-release), check this out: https://github.com/downloads/peterix/dfhack/dfhack-test.zip

I've reverted the xml reader library to an earlier version. You shouldn't be getting random weird xml/offset errors now. At least I hope it's fixed. The tests I did with linux+wine show some promise in that regard ;)
I also made DFHack stop ALL DF's threads instead of just the main one. DFHack on wine should be as safe as the other methods now. This means DF sounds will skip with something like stonesense active, but it's safer. Play music in something else if it bothers you. If too many people hate it, I might add a whitelist that lets the music stuff run. Fixing bugs has higher priority though.

So, all those osx and linux people, please test and tell me if it works for you now.

Oh, and this one has the few Memory.xml lines needed for 31.25. I haven't tested them thoroughly, and I'll do that before the real release. You've been warned ;)
wait so this only effects the wine folks right and not the folks who can run this normally?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1104 on: March 30, 2011, 06:43:55 pm »

wait so this only effects the wine folks right and not the folks who can run this normally?
Everyone using dfhack windows builds. This is basically 0.5.11, unless I find some more horrible bugs :) The wine bugs are fixed, but this leads to some changes for the regular windows folks too.

Waladil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 30, 2011, 06:55:04 pm »

I'm still getting the same error (memory object not set : type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer)
That's with 5.10 AND the new test one. Also, I went back to the old 5.4 because that's the only other thing I had on my system. Same thing. (I put a downloaded memory.xml file into that one. It failed the same way both before and after)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1106 on: March 30, 2011, 07:33:02 pm »

I'm still getting the same error (memory object not set : type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer)
That's with 5.10 AND the new test one. Also, I went back to the old 5.4 because that's the only other thing I had on my system. Same thing. (I put a downloaded memory.xml file into that one. It failed the same way both before and after)
Well, now I'm out of ideas. Can you post what the output of dfdoffsets looks like?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 30, 2011, 07:52:59 pm »

Everyone using dfhack windows builds. This is basically 0.5.11, unless I find some more horrible bugs :) The wine bugs are fixed, but this leads to some changes for the regular windows folks too.
dang that sucks.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1108 on: March 30, 2011, 07:56:44 pm »

dang that sucks.
What sucks? I don't see anything that sucks here. Just some simple precautions.

Waladil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 30, 2011, 08:24:55 pm »

That one just sits there a bit then stops responding. IIRC the method there was to run a command prompt there and run it through that, right? Ok... yeah, it just freezes and throws me back to regular command prompt.
Want a screenshot? I took one.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 108