Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 401263 times)

uristmcdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.10
« Reply #1080 on: March 29, 2011, 04:44:58 pm »

And i i use created magma for dumping - it wont melt anything. Just noticed that too
Is temperature on? Are the items you try to melt magma-safe?
[/quote]

Yep, checked that

Thats actually the interesting thing - my dorfs die from created magma but dump items wont melt (talking about bones in before questions)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:47:50 pm by uristmcdorf »

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1081 on: March 29, 2011, 04:45:57 pm »

Dont know if that was asked (dont really want to read all those 72 pages) but here it is. When i create obsidian and dug it out afterwards i cant make anything out of those stones. Worked just fine in previous versions, is there a way around this?
Details please, this tells me nothing.

What about normal magma-cast obsidian rocks? Go try it. If they don't work, it's a bug in DF or in some mod (if you use mods).
And i i use created magma for dumping - it wont melt anything. Just noticed that too

spawn it at least one z-level above and let it fall. The game doesn't update the temperatures magically.

uristmcdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 29, 2011, 04:58:24 pm »

Well, what details you exactly need?
I`m using Ironhand preinstalled .24 version. And spawn obsidian from dfliquids using "o". Spawning magma and then using water over it dosnt work as well. I mean i do receive obsidian rocks after mining but cant use them for anything

Thought this might help - checked stone menu and cant find obsidian in it, dunno if this was before

Apparently my dorfs dont even "see" it as an object - they dont wanna dump it

And yea, normal obsidian walls leave usabale stone.
Actually i think i know the reason. They wont be usable untill you dug the normal obsidian, untill that dorfs wont use it apparently

P.S.
Sorry for messy updates
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:21:49 pm by uristmcdorf »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 29, 2011, 05:19:22 pm »

If it's aboveground, you have to change 'o'rders to dump. If you are attempting to use the obsidian in anything other than a sword in the craftsman workshop, you won't be able to until you change obsidian to be a non-economic? stone.

dfhack is not likely at fault.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 07:10:43 pm by BigD145 »

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1084 on: March 29, 2011, 06:23:13 pm »

It is behaving very strangely... I just did some testing and I'll do more for sure. Yes. Even embarking on top of a volcano does nothing. I eventually flooded the volcano and the obsidian I got from that worked. So, Toady must have added some kind of flag, similar to the magma furnaces? I'll do some testing with natural magma and spawned magma...

OK... wtf. Dwarves want to clean themselves in a pool of spawned magma. Something important is missing.

Not much difference between the volcano obsidian and spawned obsidian. the rocks don't show up in lists and the material isn't in the stones screen.

EDIT: nevermind: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Obsidian#Bugs This is a good bug to fix using tools though.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 07:02:33 pm by peterix »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 29, 2011, 06:28:18 pm »

It has something to do with the [MAXEDGE] tag in the raws. Just take it out and obsidian should work.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 29, 2011, 06:57:41 pm »

Or create a reaction involving obsidian.
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 29, 2011, 07:23:37 pm »

Nooo... ...oooooo

:-[

lol, there's one of these every month it seems.

I'm paranoid for just this reason -- save, copy the save, open and reveal the copy -- then play on the original.   ;D

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 29, 2011, 07:41:36 pm »

Nooo... ...oooooo

:-[

lol, there's one of these every month it seems.

I'm paranoid for just this reason -- save, copy the save, open and reveal the copy -- then play on the original.   ;D
Can't you just save reveal end screw up swap in Taskmaster do his super to kill DF.exe then bring DF back and reload the save.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #1089 on: March 29, 2011, 07:45:34 pm »

Can't you just save reveal end screw up swap in Taskmaster do his super to kill DF.exe then bring DF back and reload the save.
Essentially the same thing. Except not as amusingly paranoid. :)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 29, 2011, 07:49:23 pm »

If I understand correctly, you're asking whether he can kill the process after a perma-reaveal.  He could, but he'd lose his unsaved progress.  His method is tedious but ensures he won't have to re-embark or repeat the last month.  I suppose copying the save is something he does just in case autosave sneaks up on him at the end of the season.  That happens a lot more than I wish it did.  You lose half a year of progress.  Copying save files is worth it.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #1091 on: March 29, 2011, 07:58:56 pm »

I'm just wondering, I ran reveal and closed the window without unrevealing, and now... if I reveal and unreveal I can't unreveal... so I'm stuck revealed? :(

You could try using Tweak with For Each Tile to hide everything below a given Z-level.

Start For Each Tile from within Tweak and create a new operation set:
Code: (condition) [Select]
is_subterranean and (z < cursor_z)
Code: (operations) [Select]
hideThen loo[k] at a tile on the lowest level you want to keep revealed and run it.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 29, 2011, 11:42:54 pm »

Dwarves want to clean themselves in a pool of spawned magma. Something important is missing.

Offtop, but have to sig.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 30, 2011, 02:02:37 am »

Whoops nvm; should've read further.

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 30, 2011, 04:04:54 am »

You save the game before doing something stupid and shut DF down with task manager when it goes wrong. Why is this so hard?
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 108