Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400869 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.5
« Reply #930 on: March 13, 2011, 03:33:09 pm »

Huh that looks almost like what used to happen when you put wizards in fortress mode.

Except it's grassland instead of mountain so it's less "OMG RAVE PARTY!" and more "Huh look at that flashing rock."
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Slugman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cleaning too much
« Reply #931 on: March 13, 2011, 06:11:22 pm »

I don't know whether it has been mentioned yet (didn't see anything related in the last few pages) but DF Cleanmap doesn't quite work like it should anymore - at least for me. It does still perform its function perfectly but a short while later some water tiles simply disappear (or rather turn to depth 1/7) and other become pressurized which leads to a drastically decreased framerate and as such to an early death for the fortress. Even if the water will probably fill up again, I suspect, that the water pressure remains nonetheless.  And the caverns look horrible anyway once you can see all the trees that were happily growing beneath the water surface. I'm a bit touchy about my beautiful underground lakes.

So... well... any idea what's causing this and maybe a way I can revert the whole thing before it happens? I just saved my last fortress after cleaning up the map which was a horribly stupid idea. Didn't have a problem with DF cleanmap when I was still playing the previous version of DF by the way (31.19?). But then again I only had 1 fortress before I discovered this tool set.

gu1dry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 13, 2011, 07:32:46 pm »

I've replaced planecoord with a different, more capable type. Small change in stonesense will be required.
Would you please provide a link to earlier DFHack sources which don't yet have this update? I really want to build Stonesense here, and its crew probably won't introduce necessary changes to make Stonesense compatible with latest DFHack's updates until the former's next release.
Thanks in advance.
Update both, it should work now.
It isn't for me, but DFHacks builds fine by itself, http://pastebin.com/eeVbU2MU.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: Cleaning too much
« Reply #933 on: March 13, 2011, 08:08:52 pm »

I don't know whether it has been mentioned yet (didn't see anything related in the last few pages) but DF Cleanmap doesn't quite work like it should anymore - at least for me.
One of the recent notable changes is that it clears some of the bits in the map tiles to get rid of broken arrows and bolts. Looks like that's done wrong. I'll remove the functionality and investigate.
It isn't for me, but DFHacks builds fine by itself, http://pastebin.com/eeVbU2MU.
I think you're trying to build it with a compiler the stonesense guys don't really test with. Maybe the allegro library stonesense includes isn't configured for your environment? Stonesense uses the system-installed version of allegro on linux, so that could be why I never ran into that problem. Try getting allegro for mingw32.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 13, 2011, 11:55:11 pm »

I just remember I had made a wagon code and a carry code for Dfusion if I could combine those two together I could make the wagon move thus a proper caravan when DFmode gets the adventure to fort mode kinks work out we maybe able to simulate the travel from a mountain home to a embark site.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 14, 2011, 02:25:14 am »

Yeah cleanmap deffinitely is acting strange.  I used it today to get rid of a blood stain from a caravan that came in the middle of a goblin seige, and... well..

This happened
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the plus side, the blood stains and arrows ARE gone...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:26:59 am by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #936 on: March 14, 2011, 03:55:09 am »

Yeah cleanmap deffinitely is acting strange.  I used it today to get rid of a blood stain from a caravan that came in the middle of a goblin seige, and... well..
This happened
Hmm. I removed the bad arrow-cleaning code now.

* peterix hopes the damage wasn't too bad.

Mrhnhrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.7
« Reply #937 on: March 14, 2011, 10:37:49 am »

Update both, it should work now.
Good job, Stonesense finally compiled alright for me. Now successfully running it will be a different story.

The compiled binary seems to start ok, its window displays something to the effect of "Trying to connect to DF", but nothing else happens. The stonesense.log file is flooded with
Code: [Select]
No Dwarf Fortress executable found
DFhack exeption: couldn't find a suitable process
message repeating thousand times over. DF 0.31.21 is up and running at this time. Or is the most recent version of DF not yet supported (or is it just the Linux version)?
I'd be grateful for some further insight into the matter.
/* a placeholder for a clever signature */

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 14, 2011, 10:46:44 am »

in this case, it's probably from there being no offsets for .21 in linux at this time.

try .16 to be sure everything's working as it should.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 15, 2011, 12:18:00 am »

This happened
Hmm. I removed the bad arrow-cleaning code now.

* peterix hopes the damage wasn't too bad.

Nah, I kinda like it.  I imagine the strange shifting terrain one of the reasons the dwarves sent out a party to investigate the area in the first place.  For the record those were savage, evil, and good all rolled into one stripped goodness.  Actually it may be due to the grass growing in a strange way, as I used dfcleanmap, THEN noticed this.  I'm not 100% that cleanmap was the cause, tho.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 15, 2011, 11:24:49 am »

So just so I'm clear on this, you can go from fort mode to direct control mode but not back again? Or is that only if you start out with adventure mode? Thanks for keeping this crazily up to date :D

Terror_Incognito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 15, 2011, 01:47:39 pm »

Hi,
I'm having trouble with DFLiquids. Whenever I try to run it I get an error message saying that it could not find "msvcp100.dll". I downloaded the latest Lazy Newb Pack and got 0.5.4, and then downloaded 0.5.7 and I'm still getting the same message. Is there any way to fix this?

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 15, 2011, 01:58:40 pm »

So just so I'm clear on this, you can go from fort mode to direct control mode but not back again? Or is that only if you start out with adventure mode? Thanks for keeping this crazily up to date :D

From adventure to fortress it crashes. In fortress mode you can switch to adventure and back.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #943 on: March 15, 2011, 02:10:24 pm »

Hi,
I'm having trouble with DFLiquids. Whenever I try to run it I get an error message saying that it could not find "msvcp100.dll". I downloaded the latest Lazy Newb Pack and got 0.5.4, and then downloaded 0.5.7 and I'm still getting the same message. Is there any way to fix this?
Read the first post, it tells you to download and install a certain Microsoft package. Do that.

I'm currently looking into how to bundle those files with the releases tho, so this won't be a requirement for future DFHack versions.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 15, 2011, 11:50:51 pm »

DFvdig keeps not working properly for me, it will claim that the stone i have the cursor over is not a vein stone.  It works about half the time, and the other half it tells me it is not a vein stone.  I've been using it on limonite, tetrahedrite, sphalerite, and misc gems and on all of them it works on some tiles and not on others.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 108