Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400787 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.5
« Reply #915 on: March 12, 2011, 07:12:11 am »

so I guess the only possible way to save in swap fort mode is by having Autosave be on for seasonal(or shorter) and be the lucky one to have the thing not die on you while you wait out the time.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 12, 2011, 11:02:03 am »

So i switched to adventure and back to fortress and it worked, i have question thoug.
While in adventure mode one guy run off for no apparent reason. He rune off map so i lost him. I though that i could mark border of the embark zone as restricted areas but does the traffic zones work while in adventure mode?
Most of the activities like mining woodcutting seemed stopped while in adventure mode is that correct or its just that the turns in AM are much much shorter?
And one more thing, after i went back to fortress mode i somehow can't unreveal the site. :/

Oh, and: "Good job, guys, this adds another level to DF. I just assumed control of a hunter dog, hunted down a rabbit and then make a soup out of him in fortress mode. :D ...lots of fun. :D "
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:15:57 am by kulik »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 12, 2011, 11:13:14 am »

So i switched to adventure and back to fortress and it worked, i have question thoug.
While in adventure mode one guy rune off for no apparent reason. He rune off map so i lost him. I though that i could mark border of the embark zone as restricted areas but does the traffic zones work while in adventure mode?
Most of the activities like mining woodcutting seemed stopped while in adventure mode is that correct or its just that the turns in AM are much much shorter?
1. Restricted areas don't work in fort mode (as blocking). They just make it very "costly" to pass over it. But if dwarf wants to pick up sock in that location he will. Even if it means pathing through restricted area. And i'm guessing it is ignored (or used for some other thing) in adventure mode.
2. Yes turns in adventure mode are seconds to minutes and fort mode they are days. But activities stop not because of that. It's probably because the fort mode AI is not running and because of that dwarves suddenly become dumb villagers and wander off. I suggest building a room with a burrow and locked door. That prob. would work.

Also few offsets:
Code: [Select]
0x12E0520+0x400000 --item vector
+0x64 from each item start ptr to coverings vector.
also material is very strange... it could be either one of normal materials (inorganic:type,amber,coal,etc) then comes the materials of race, and somehow in that system (8 bytes or so) also fits materials of specific legendary creature.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 12, 2011, 11:22:31 am »

While in adventure mode one guy rune off for no apparent reason. He rune off map so i lost him. I though that i could mark border of the embark zone as restricted areas but does the traffic zones work while in adventure mode?
1. Restricted areas don't work in fort mode (as blocking). They just make it very "costly" to pass over it. But if dwarf wants to pick up sock in that location he will. Even if it means pathing through restricted area. And i'm guessing it is ignored (or used for some other thing) in adventure mode.
2. Yes turns in adventure mode are seconds to minutes and fort mode they are days. But activities stop not because of that. It's probably because the fort mode AI is not running and because of that dwarves suddenly become dumb villagers and wander off. I suggest building a room with a burrow and locked door. That prob. would work.

Ok, i see, thanks. Hmm, i thought that i could use the dfusion to save the site as a lair to save all the stupid souls that may run off the map but then again anything i would kill or done in AM would be overwritten. ...damn this sucks.  >:(

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 12, 2011, 11:28:05 am »

It's probably because the fort mode AI is not running and because of that dwarves suddenly become dumb villagers and wander off. I suggest building a room with a burrow and locked door. That prob. would work.

After some minor and not exactly taxing science, I can conclusively say that Burrows do not work, but locked doors do.  Thieves can still pick the lock, however.  That shouldn't be a problem unless one is running Kobold Cave Clone or has hacked their dorfs (but who would give them this, I wonder)
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #920 on: March 12, 2011, 11:56:54 am »

Just... be careful guys. I'd hate it if you lost some awesome fort you worked on for ages :)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 12, 2011, 12:08:06 pm »

yes, it is mandatory to back up the saves, you WILL screw up everything, eventually

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 12, 2011, 05:33:10 pm »

so if you go into adventure mode make sure to RECRUIT every one before swapping back. so that the game gives you control over them. also Lairs don't keep people in one room only hamlets do. still find it sucks that I can't just walk to the embark site and take it over with a band of trusty companions.
"body swapping and YOU!"

gu1dry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 13, 2011, 12:25:54 am »

I just built DFHacks from the latest code on Github & thought I share, link. If people would like me to continue sharing, just let me know & I will do.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #924 on: March 13, 2011, 03:38:56 am »

Awesome work! I love the "riversource" addition to dfliquids.
I also like dfmode...hehehe...

So, I tried out the "kittens" stuff out of curiousity.

Start up DF.
Enter arena mode.
Create a creature.
Assume control of it.
Run dfmode.
Choose kittens! and kittens! (6,2) I think...
Now say "WTF"
Additional thing: Try changing the z levels with </>
Ya, never noticed that aboveground area either. And I never knew you could scroll offmap.

So, what exactly are these "kittens!" stuff?
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 13, 2011, 07:19:53 am »

Awesome work! I love the "riversource" addition to dfliquids.
I also like dfmode...hehehe...

So, I tried out the "kittens" stuff out of curiousity.

Start up DF.
Enter arena mode.
Create a creature.
Assume control of it.
Run dfmode.
Choose kittens! and kittens! (6,2) I think...
Now say "WTF"
Additional thing: Try changing the z levels with </>
Ya, never noticed that aboveground area either. And I never knew you could scroll offmap.

So, what exactly are these "kittens!" stuff?
wait don't tell me you got the fort/arena frames with no menu you could get the same thing with arena mode  managing in adventure mode going to menu while being in adventure/assumed mode.
try doing this at night and you will see that the game seems to designate everything around the player.
edit:
WTF
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 07:22:54 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Mrhnhrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 13, 2011, 11:45:03 am »

I've replaced planecoord with a different, more capable type. Small change in stonesense will be required.
Would you please provide a link to earlier DFHack sources which don't yet have this update? I really want to build Stonesense here, and its crew probably won't introduce necessary changes to make Stonesense compatible with latest DFHack's updates until the former's next release.
Thanks in advance.
/* a placeholder for a clever signature */

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #927 on: March 13, 2011, 01:42:00 pm »

I've replaced planecoord with a different, more capable type. Small change in stonesense will be required.
Would you please provide a link to earlier DFHack sources which don't yet have this update? I really want to build Stonesense here, and its crew probably won't introduce necessary changes to make Stonesense compatible with latest DFHack's updates until the former's next release.
Thanks in advance.
Update both, it should work now.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #928 on: March 13, 2011, 02:57:46 pm »

wait don't tell me you got the fort/arena frames with no menu you could get the same thing with arena mode  managing in adventure mode going to menu while being in adventure/assumed mode.
try doing this at night and you will see that the game seems to designate everything around the player.
edit:
WTF

Eh...I guess it's not directly related to "kittens!" then.

Hey look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZfrA3rOeqs
Steps to recreate this:
1. Start up DF.
2. Enter the object testing arena.
3. Create a new creature.
4. Assume control of it.
5. Start up dfmode.
6. Change to adventurer mode, direct control (1,1)
7. Enter travel mode (shift + t) (You remember adventure mode controls, right? :P )
8. Travel around a few tiles.
9. Exit travel mode (shift + >)
10. Now look at the tiles that are blinking different colors.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #929 on: March 13, 2011, 03:28:53 pm »

Eh...I guess it's not directly related to "kittens!" then.

Hey look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZfrA3rOeqs
Breaking things in unexpected ways :D
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 108