Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400821 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.5
« Reply #900 on: March 11, 2011, 03:16:11 pm »

Kinda like "Turing complete" in that you can simulate the system out of the system itself?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 11, 2011, 03:26:31 pm »

Well, DF is already turing complete. One could concievably make a copy of DF within the game, using fluid logic. It would run at 0 FPS, but it could be done. with a big enough embark. (probably 16x16x100 or so.)
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 11, 2011, 04:14:18 pm »

Well, DF is already turing complete. One could concievably make a copy of DF within the game, using fluid logic. It would run at 0 FPS, but it could be done. with a big enough embark. (probably 16x16x100 or so.)
more like 16x16x10000 because there are LOTS of transistors in a single processor - this is possible, but try even writing a program, or even a UI for DF, and see how hard that is  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

utuki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 11, 2011, 04:18:50 pm »

i compiled windows version and had a problem: it needs dbghelp.h. file itself is easy to google but its normally part of pretty big windows sdk which hang during install for me. so you may want to list it in dependencies.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 11, 2011, 05:38:00 pm »

What would be awesome is if you could build up a fort to capitol stage, then, possess a dwarf, recruit 6 others, and head off into the wilderness, find a good site, and then switch back to fort mode and build a new fortress. The day you can do this, DF, in my mind, will be feature-complete.
well you could tempt to try to walk to another abandon fort and "Reclaim" though it might not work out as much.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

darthweder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 11, 2011, 05:48:16 pm »

I'm not sure if something is wrong with this region or it might be LNB but dfprospector says I don't have any marble on my embark but I just found some. 

Captain Goatse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 11, 2011, 06:09:21 pm »

So, anybody upgraded the tool for 31.21? I downloaded the latest version and tried to read the readme, but it was filled with geacky stuff... I cannot tell a "compiler" from a broken wheelbarrow...

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 11, 2011, 07:04:15 pm »

more like 16x16x10000 because there are LOTS of transistors in a single processor - this is possible, but try even writing a program, or even a UI for DF, and see how hard that is  :P

i'd guess the numbers would actually be like more than a large region map

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.4
« Reply #908 on: March 11, 2011, 07:29:57 pm »

Well, what I want in the end is to make my own tool using DFHack. So yes, I tried to compile a single tool, to see if I could. And I can now.
Then it's still easier to work within the dfhack build system.
But yeah, I see your point. I should make the 'making your own' part easier, or at least describe how to do so :)

Can you use range with df liquids to directly mod in areas of obsidian walls/floors larger than one square? :)
Any size you want really. I recommend keeping away from combining the multi z-level column and range brushes with the floor option though.

The current code allows adding any kind of procedural brush separately from the effects of it. I might tweak that even more and add some kind of 'selection' mechanism, but it's already quite flexible as it is now.

O sweet awesome, does that mean I can paint large areas of obsidian and then tell my dwarves to dig them out...? :D
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 11, 2011, 10:42:33 pm »

i'd guess the numbers would actually be like more than a large region map

48 tiles * 100 z-levels * 16 embark squares * 256 region tiles = 19,660,800 cubes in a large region.

Number of transistors in an AMD 64 = about 150,000,000.

So yeah.  While it it theoretically possible to use fluid logic to model anything you want, it's not exactly turing complete, since you'll never model a processor on it.

... maybe a 4044
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 12, 2011, 01:58:20 am »

I checked your math and...
Code: [Select]
(48*48)*100*(16*16)=58,982,400. This is cubes per largest embark.
58,982,400*(256*256)=3,865,470,566,400 this is cubes per largest region.
Methinks you forgot to square a few numbers.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Mrhnhrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 12, 2011, 03:43:17 am »

I'm not entirely sure whether my trouble is DFHack related, but I've been advised to seek help here. I've tried to build Stonesense r950 under Linux. Make fails like this:
[ 10%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/MapLoading.cpp.o
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:215: error: ‘planecoord’ is not a member of ‘DFHack’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:215: error: ‘planecoord’ is not a member of ‘DFHack’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:215: error: template argument 1 is invalid
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:215: error: template argument 3 is invalid
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:215: error: template argument 4 is invalid
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp: In function ‘void ReadCellToSegment(DFHack::Context&, WorldSegment&, int, int, int, uint32_t, uint32_t, uint32_t, uint32_t, uint16_t, std::vector<DFHack::t_building, std::allocator<DFHack::t_building> >*, std::vector<DFHack::t_construction, std::allocator<DFHack::t_construction> >*, std::vector<std::vector<short unsigned int, std::allocator<short unsigned int> >, std::allocator<std::vector<short unsigned int, std::allocator<short unsigned int> > > >*, std::vector<DFHack::t_feature, std::allocator<DFHack::t_feature> >*, int*, DFHack::Maps*)’:
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:496: error: ‘planecoord’ is not a member of ‘DFHack’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:496: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘pc’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:497: error: ‘pc’ was not declared in this scope
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:499: error: ‘planecoord’ is not a member of ‘DFHack’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:499: error: ‘planecoord’ is not a member of ‘DFHack’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:499: error: template argument 1 is invalid
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:499: error: template argument 3 is invalid
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:499: error: template argument 4 is invalid
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:499: error: expected initializer before ‘it’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:500: error: ‘it’ was not declared in this scope
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:500: error: request for member ‘find’ in ‘* local_features’, which is of non-class type ‘int’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:501: error: request for member ‘end’ in ‘* local_features’, which is of non-class type ‘int’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp: In function ‘WorldSegment* ReadMapSegment(DFHack::Context&, int, int, int, int, int, int)’:
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:589: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:599: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:608: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:632: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:645: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:729: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:759: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:777: error: ‘planecoord’ is not a member of ‘DFHack’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:777: error: ‘planecoord’ is not a member of ‘DFHack’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:777: error: template argument 1 is invalid
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:777: error: template argument 3 is invalid
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:777: error: template argument 4 is invalid
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:777: error: invalid type in declaration before ‘;’ token
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:778: error: no matching function for call to ‘DFHack::Maps::ReadLocalFeatures(int&)’
/usr/include/dfhack/modules/Maps.h:416: note: candidates are: bool DFHack::Maps::ReadLocalFeatures(std::map<DFHack::DFCoord, std::vector<DFHack::t_feature*, std::allocator<DFHack::t_feature*> >, std::less<DFHack::DFCoord>, std::allocator<std::pair<const DFHack::DFCoord, std::vector<DFHack::t_feature*, std::allocator<DFHack::t_feature*> > > > >&)
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp: In function ‘bool ConnectDFAPI(DFHack::Context*)’:
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:1090: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp: In function ‘void FollowCurrentDFWindow()’:
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:1174: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp: In function ‘void FollowCurrentDFCenter()’:
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:1206: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp: In function ‘void reloadDisplayedSegment()’:
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:1295: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/mrhn/Games/dwarf fortress/stonesense/MapLoading.cpp:1296: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/MapLoading.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
I'd be thankful for some clues on how this can be corrected.
/* a placeholder for a clever signature */

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #912 on: March 12, 2011, 04:13:52 am »

i compiled windows version and had a problem: it needs dbghelp.h. file itself is easy to google but its normally part of pretty big windows sdk which hang during install for me. so you may want to list it in dependencies.
Will be fixed soon.
I'm not entirely sure whether my trouble is DFHack related, but I've been advised to seek help here. I've tried to build Stonesense r950 under Linux. Make fails like this:
[ 10%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/MapLoading.cpp.o
I'd be thankful for some clues on how this can be corrected.
I've replaced planecoord with a different, more capable type. Small change in stonesense will be required.
So, anybody upgraded the tool for 31.21? I downloaded the latest version and tried to read the readme, but it was filled with geacky stuff... I cannot tell a "compiler" from a broken wheelbarrow...
Click the damn icons. They work. :)

Captain Goatse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 12, 2011, 06:27:59 am »

Thanks, I just had to install the C++ to make it work.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #914 on: March 12, 2011, 06:35:09 am »

Thanks, I just had to install the C++ to make it work.
OK. Readme needs a mention of the MSVC stuff. It will have it :)
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 108