Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400772 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.5.4
« Reply #840 on: March 09, 2011, 07:02:00 am »

So when trying to use reveal and prospector in the newest version it says

"uses world ptr
can't init map"

and stops there.
What's wrong? And how do I fix this?
Unfortunately, that's nowhere near enough info to know what happened... Those tools work over here. It's a 31.20 or 31.21, judging from the 'uses world ptr' part. Never ran into the 'can't init map' bit with those versions. Normally that means there's no local map loaded.

I'd have to have more details, but there's no easy way to retrieve those on your side... I'll have to think about this a bit.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #841 on: March 09, 2011, 08:23:32 am »

Edit: for some reason i can't save now :/

Switching to arena mode does that sometimes; I think it's when you switch back from (5,1) to arena mode using ctrl+a - I went from (0,0) to (4,0), assumed control, then to (1,1) and could still save (though I ran into the bodyswapping bug when I tried to travel - had to use DFusion's "?Change Adv permenent?" tool to fix it).

The flag that controls whether you can save is at offset 0x15087c5 in 0.31.20/21 SDL (working offsets for .18 and .19 are on the wiki - seems to be always 0x25 bytes after current_weather); changing it back to 1 should work.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

KylonOrina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 09, 2011, 09:00:49 am »

Unfortunately, that's nowhere near enough info to know what happened... Those tools work over here. It's a 31.20 or 31.21, judging from the 'uses world ptr' part. Never ran into the 'can't init map' bit with those versions. Normally that means there's no local map loaded.

I'd have to have more details, but there's no easy way to retrieve those on your side... I'll have to think about this a bit.

Well I got it to work. It seems it only works for me when I use the Lazy Newb Pack GUI to launch the programs as opposed to just double clicking on the icon in the folder.
Very odd.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 09, 2011, 03:43:02 pm »

I started to wonder: how obse works (oblivions script extender if somebody does not know, also similar things exist for fallout3 and new vegas). It basically patches into Classes. And new version come out very fast if oblivion is updated (but usually that happens a lot less frequently). So how do they do it?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 09, 2011, 03:47:21 pm »

.dll wrapping and other more advanced techniques.

Also, Timeslipped is a freak of nature, able to code anything in any language, even ASM.

Don't hold your breath on a DFSE...
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 09, 2011, 03:49:17 pm »

Well there is no script system to extend :D but i already have a dll that patches lua scripts into DF. Unfortunately that alone does nothing...

Edit: and somehow he uses RTTI to his advantage. I'm sure that linux version would be a lot more complicated. Well i guess time for some research.
Edit2: It's fun... but somehow i'm feeling like i'm doing something i'm not supposed to...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:11:47 pm by darius »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 09, 2011, 04:42:01 pm »

Well you are doing something that Toady expressly does not support: Reverse Engineering... then again this is a game about Dwarves, and anything with Engineering in it's title is bound to be very Dwarfy
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

GJM

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 09, 2011, 05:57:33 pm »

Hi,

I'm trying to get this running (just Reveal and prospector mostly) on Linux, but I seem to be having some trouble. I've got the file downloaded and extracted, but I'm a bit lost as to where I go from here. I tried just compiling the files in toos/supported, but got the error
fatal error: DFHack.h: no such file or directory.

I'm quite new to linux so some of this higher stuff confuses the hell out of me -any help appreciated.

Lesseps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 09, 2011, 06:11:24 pm »

Hey, my 0.5.2 dfcleanmap tool doesnt work. it says ' can't find MSVCP100.dll '. What should I do ? :/

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 09, 2011, 06:12:44 pm »

Hey, my 0.5.2 dfcleanmap tool doesnt work. it says ' can't find MSVCP100.dll '. What should I do ? :/

On Windows, you might have to install the MSVC 2010 redistributable.

Lesseps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 09, 2011, 06:32:08 pm »

thanks a lot!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #851 on: March 09, 2011, 06:56:11 pm »

Hi, I'm trying to get this running (just Reveal and prospector mostly) on Linux, but I seem to be having some trouble. I've got the file downloaded and extracted, but I'm a bit lost as to where I go from here. I tried just compiling the files in toos/supported, but got the error
fatal error: DFHack.h: no such file or directory.

I'm quite new to linux so some of this higher stuff confuses the hell out of me -any help appreciated.
First, read the COMPILE file and try to follow the instructions there. Ask questions if that fails :)
Anyway, the latest supported (=map tools run) DF version on linux is 31.19.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #852 on: March 09, 2011, 08:47:30 pm »

If I were to use DFmode to take control of a soldier during a seige, would this result in fortress mode breaking when I try to return to, well, fortress mode?

I read the readme but I didn't know if "lost a fortress" was meant literally.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 09, 2011, 08:52:59 pm »

unfortunatelly, yes, you'd loose the fortress. you could use dfusion to save the site as a lair and the items wouldn't scatter and the creatures wouldn't die, but upon *reclaiming* it everything would be revealed, including the HFS(killing your fps forever) and your dwarves would be counted as *friendly*, you'd just have control of the dude you previously possessed

but we could use this little trick to build a shack in the woods with our little adventurer, if we had an axe, or dig a burrow, if we had a pick, provided we generated a world without hfs

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 09, 2011, 08:57:26 pm »

I've been thinking about using pieces of dfreveal to keep things hidden during mode switches. I'll experiment with it later, but I'd like to turn dfmode into a slightly more intelligent tool that does its best to keep DF from messing up.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 108