Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400559 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.4
« Reply #825 on: March 07, 2011, 11:32:52 pm »

Sorry if I've glanced over it.

Can I get a link for version 0.5.4 for DF 31.20? I have a windows and saw no reason to download .21 after I've updated my mod.

have you actually tried the download and found that it was not backwards compatible?

if you did, then it's a bug and should be reported.

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 07, 2011, 11:45:31 pm »

no creature creation in arena mode  :(

but on the bright side everyone starts killing each other in fortress mode. they all go independent for instant FUN (including clowns).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:00:14 am by noob »
LOSING IS FUN!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 07, 2011, 11:47:53 pm »

Well, it does work. I did not know that.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 08, 2011, 12:20:49 am »

Wohoo!  Can start out as my best legendary axeman already decked out in *adamantine armor*.  Maybe I'll actually be able to take two punches from that accursed Specter of Brine before being reduced to paste.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 08, 2011, 11:36:36 am »

Is there any way we can make the area designation for DF Liquids to create Obsidian work? I know about magma being created over water and vice versa, but that leaves heat traps. Can we make large areas of obsidian without doing so by going through each and every individual tile directly?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #830 on: March 08, 2011, 02:40:10 pm »

Is there any way we can make the area designation for DF Liquids to create Obsidian work? I know about magma being created over water and vice versa, but that leaves heat traps. Can we make large areas of obsidian without doing so by going through each and every individual tile directly?
Yes. It's not ideal. I'll look at it.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #831 on: March 08, 2011, 04:17:52 pm »

That'd be so great! I've been wanting to make a town cut in obsidian with your tool but it's hard to make it work probably with water and magma and 1 tile at a time is just.. Torture..

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 08, 2011, 04:45:39 pm »

That'd be so great! I've been wanting to make a town cut in obsidian with your tool but it's hard to make it work probably with water and magma and 1 tile at a time is just.. Torture..
seconded. i use this rarely but it helps.

edit: also: this is great in adventure mode ;)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 08, 2011, 04:59:20 pm »

found arena creature lists and item lists:
Code: [Select]
0x1463B2C+0x400000( seems that dfhack offsets use this offset scheme) creatures vector, each entry a short (2bytes)
0x1463B3C+0x400000 castes vector, also 2 bytes each (usually just 0 or 1 - male, female)
item vectors are a bit further (+0xd4 from creatures vector). They are pointer to structures with item type, material and something... Maybe someone will find this usefull

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 08, 2011, 06:15:42 pm »

if i take control of a squad leader, does the squad follow me in adventure mode?

i really want to take this for a test drive, but sadly i can't right now... i'm dead curious, though
also, about this:
Then if you go offsite, items might scatter and people you leave behind might die, just like animals on abandon.

rumrusher discovered how to turn a site into a night creature lair type site and darius implemented it into DFusion

man... this is a great day for df's community...

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 08, 2011, 06:33:30 pm »

Awesome, thanks. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Twobeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of the Beard
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 08, 2011, 08:46:45 pm »

Sorry peterix but i was just using dfvdig and it doesnt seem to want to recognise the vein.

Have had no problem in previous versions, in fact it is a life saver. Was wondering if either this is a new bug or i am just doing something wrong.

Thanks for all the hard work man. Your awesome.
A leg of ham, a jug of beer and thou besides me, whistling in the darkness.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #837 on: March 08, 2011, 09:59:08 pm »

Sorry peterix but i was just using dfvdig and it doesnt seem to want to recognise the vein.

Have had no problem in previous versions, in fact it is a life saver. Was wondering if either this is a new bug or i am just doing something wrong.

Thanks for all the hard work man. Your awesome.
Thanks for reporting the problem. It will be fixed soon (already is, but I'll do some more fixing before I release that).

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 09, 2011, 06:14:54 am »

if i take control of a squad leader, does the squad follow me in adventure mode?

i really want to take this for a test drive, but sadly i can't right now... i'm dead curious, though
No unfortunately they don't. However if you leave your fort with a creature in adv. mode, and then return all your dwarfs are turned to "Friendly" but you can change it back to fort mode and continue (with your adventurer dwarf as last dwarf your fort has).

Edit: for some reason i can't save now :/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 06:18:03 am by darius »

KylonOrina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 09, 2011, 06:29:13 am »

So when trying to use reveal and prospector in the newest version it says

"uses world ptr
can't init map"

and stops there.
What's wrong? And how do I fix this?