Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400570 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.2
« Reply #735 on: February 27, 2011, 04:51:56 am »

Anyway, here's a piece of news: I have the creature offsets. Creatures should work in stonesense and other tools when they get updated :)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 27, 2011, 08:35:24 am »

Did I just hear Japa has offsets? Awesome.

Also legacy question. I've used DF Hack's liquids to cast obsidian en mass. I've also used it to individually alter tile by tile obsidian. When casting en mass, I end up with heat traps and realize the readme even warns of this.

Is there any way to mod in large amounts of water over magma without generating heat traps? It's quite a shock to see your dwarf on fire and a puddle of melted copper (formerly his pick). :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 27, 2011, 10:20:56 am »

Hey guys. I downloaded the bin files, and it told me I needed msvc. I downloaded the msvc, but when I double click dfcleanmap it says there's an error and closes. When I double click dfliquids I get "couldn't find a suitable process". I'm a bit confused here.

EDIT: Wait, does it have to be the SDL version of DF to work?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:44:27 am by Haruspex_Pariah »

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #738 on: February 27, 2011, 11:05:28 am »

Hey guys. I downloaded the bin files, and it told me I needed msvc. I downloaded the msvc, but when I double click dfcleanmap it says there's an error and closes. When I double click dfliquids I get "couldn't find a suitable process". I'm a bit confused here.

EDIT: Wait, does it have to be the SDL version of DF to work?
Yes.

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 27, 2011, 02:06:34 pm »

This is pretty much a mystery to me. I tried changing hematite just like you did and gen a new world. Everything seems to work just right. Can you give me the save?

Anyway, here's a piece of news: I have the creature offsets. Creatures should work in stonesense and other tools when they get updated :)
Here's a save, from the fourth world I've genned using this modified .txt (no embark on any of the four worlds has worked with DFHack): http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3862

I'm going to mess around with some more numbers, see if that changes anything. I'm getting the feeling that a lower frequency value actually makes that type of stone more frequent as opposed to less....

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 27, 2011, 03:10:03 pm »

Alrighty, so now I feel rather silly but in hindsight I suppose I shouldn't because let's be honest I couldn't have seen this coming.

Turns out, the issue I've been having is that I had a phantom copy of dwarf fortress floating around my active processes. Evidently at some point I acquired this phantom copy and beyond that point every time I tried to fire up DFHack it would try and probe the phantom copy and inevitably fail. I didn't realize it was there until I swapped back to an unmodded mineral file and still couldn't use DFHack, so I decided to reinstall DF and windows wouldn't let me because the core DLLs were still technically in use. A trip through the task manager revealed another copy of DF, and cancelling that fixed all my problems.

Not certain how I could have seen that coming... >_> Anyways, thanks for the help. Probably no point in examining that file, eh?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #741 on: February 27, 2011, 04:22:35 pm »

Alrighty, so now I feel rather silly but in hindsight I suppose I shouldn't because let's be honest I couldn't have seen this coming.

Turns out, the issue I've been having is that I had a phantom copy of dwarf fortress floating around my active processes. Evidently at some point I acquired this phantom copy and beyond that point every time I tried to fire up DFHack it would try and probe the phantom copy and inevitably fail. I didn't realize it was there until I swapped back to an unmodded mineral file and still couldn't use DFHack, so I decided to reinstall DF and windows wouldn't let me because the core DLLs were still technically in use. A trip through the task manager revealed another copy of DF, and cancelling that fixed all my problems.

Not certain how I could have seen that coming... >_> Anyways, thanks for the help. Probably no point in examining that file, eh?
I looked at it already, and found nothing strange. Anyway, no harm done. The embark has a LOT of native aluminium :)

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 27, 2011, 05:25:30 pm »

Yeah I'm working on finding a balance between too many minerals and enough minerals to be playable. I should have something worthwhile to post soon, though. I've already got a setup that's good for the goal, but I want... better!

Edit: Is there any way to get prospector to print it's results to a text file? That would save me quite a bit of time. Trying to document results with various settings here.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:31:22 pm by Khift »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #743 on: February 27, 2011, 05:38:59 pm »

Also legacy question. I've used DF Hack's liquids to cast obsidian en mass. I've also used it to individually alter tile by tile obsidian. When casting en mass, I end up with heat traps and realize the readme even warns of this.

Is there any way to mod in large amounts of water over magma without generating heat traps? It's quite a shock to see your dwarf on fire and a puddle of melted copper (formerly his pick). :)
If you add the water 1 Z-level above the magma and allow the water to fall down onto the magma, then the game should properly reset the fixed temperature of each tile. Heat traps only happen when you use dfliquids to delete magma (or presumably place obsidian on top of magma) - if you want to safely remove magma, what you should do is reduce the area to 2/7 depth and then set a few individual tiles to 1/7 to start it sloshing around and drying up (in my previous tests, setting it directly to 1/7 seemed to make the game forget that it should start drying up, but I could very well be mistaken).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 28, 2011, 02:53:44 pm »

If you add the water 1 Z-level above the magma and allow the water to fall down onto the magma, then the game should properly reset the fixed temperature of each tile. Heat traps only happen when you use dfliquids to delete magma (or presumably place obsidian on top of magma) - if you want to safely remove magma, what you should do is reduce the area to 2/7 depth and then set a few individual tiles to 1/7 to start it sloshing around and drying up (in my previous tests, setting it directly to 1/7 seemed to make the game forget that it should start drying up, but I could very well be mistaken).

Hum, I'll have to try that. I've usually set the magma to straight 2/7 tiles right under the water and it hasn't worked. Perhaps if I unpause the game, let it slosh around a bit and then ad the 7/7 water a z level above, that might work...? Hum, interesting, will have to test....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 28, 2011, 03:32:39 pm »

It's best if the liquid has some movement to it so the game knows what to do with this magically appearing magma/water.

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 01, 2011, 08:10:21 pm »

Maybe I'm just an idiot... where is the source, so I can compile for linux?
Don't see a link on the first post.

Edit: found it. you should probably include that github link in the op, rather than burying it in the readme.

edit2: Now I get this error when I try to configure it...
Code: [Select]
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
X11_LIBRARY
    linked by target "dfhack" in directory /home/marty/Downloads/dfhack/library

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Also, it's still complaining about not having wide ncurses libraries, even after I installed libncursesw5 and -dev.
All I want is reveal and liquids, so it's not a huge loss, but it is annoying.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 09:02:40 pm by myrkul »
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #747 on: March 02, 2011, 02:38:29 am »

edit2: Now I get this error when I try to configure it...
Code: [Select]
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
X11_LIBRARY
    linked by target "dfhack" in directory /home/marty/Downloads/dfhack/library

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Also, it's still complaining about not having wide ncurses libraries, even after I installed libncursesw5 and -dev.
All I want is reveal and liquids, so it's not a huge loss, but it is annoying.
You probably need something like libx11-dev. I'm not sure about the exact name right now. It is listed in the Compile file.
Here's the dependencies `objdump -x projects/dfhack/output/libdfhack-debug.so | grep NEEDED`reports on my system:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The ncurses lib is required for the dfveinlook tool I use for testing map reading... and one of the build scripts can't find it. You could give cmake the exact place where the library is, or try to fix this file so it works with your distribution. The tool is more for looking at the 'guts' of the map than anything else though.

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 02, 2011, 04:13:21 am »

That worked. All built and installed. test forthcoming.

Important tools work. They crash when exiting, but well, they're exiting. I don't mind.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:48:50 am by myrkul »
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 03, 2011, 10:38:51 am »

From the little testing I've done, it seems those new creature offsets only work for the new .19.
There is certainly excitement among the Stonesense crowd now that creatures work. But nearly everyone seems to forget to mention which version of DF they're using.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 108