Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400590 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.5.2
« Reply #720 on: February 24, 2011, 01:29:12 am »

Is cleartask no longer supported or something? Why is it not included for 31.x? I have so many stuck items that can't be dumped/moved and I really need a way to remove em.
No item offsets yet, sorry. That part should get some attention when I'm done with the current internal changes and easier offset search for the insides of objects (creatures and items mainly).

Whiplash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 24, 2011, 01:37:44 am »

Is cleartask no longer supported or something? Why is it not included for 31.x? I have so many stuck items that can't be dumped/moved and I really need a way to remove em.
No item offsets yet, sorry. That part should get some attention when I'm done with the current internal changes and easier offset search for the insides of objects (creatures and items mainly).
Ah, how unfortunate. Thanks for the information.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 25, 2011, 04:04:46 pm »

Is it right that using this with dead bodies creates zombies?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 25, 2011, 04:34:46 pm »

Is it right that using this with dead bodies creates zombies?
yeah if you make a utility for that. if you do hopefully you fix the issue I have with my zombie utility(addon to Dfusion) on the not safe to kill with out pissing off the entire town/companions.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Fafzor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 26, 2011, 09:08:49 am »

Hey folks, I'm trying to use the dfhack library in my project. However I'm getting the following errors at runtime using visual studio 2010:
Code: [Select]
Unhandled exception at 0x775db727 in DwarfNET.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: DFHack::Error::MemoryXmlParse at memory location 0x0048f744..
Unhandled exception at 0x775db727 in DwarfNET.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: DFHack::Error::MemoryXmlNoRoot at memory location 0x0048f730..
Unhandled exception at 0x5b5b3943 in DwarfNET.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000020.

It probably can't find the xml file or something, but I've made sure it is in the same folder as the dll and executable. I've also tried some path variable settings in the project.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Smell my cheese.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 26, 2011, 09:16:56 am »

I think you might be bumping up against the missing memory locations in the memory layout file.

Try just a pause and unpause call and see if it works then.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Fafzor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 26, 2011, 09:55:53 am »

All I'm trying to do at this moment is attaching to DF.

Code: [Select]
DFHack::ContextManager DFMgr("Memory.xml");
etc

In the same way as in the example tools. Running the attachtest tool code in my project produces the same error so it's probably in my project settings.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:57:35 am by Fafzor »
Smell my cheese.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 26, 2011, 10:39:26 am »

when you run dfhack from within MSVC, it runs it from a different directory than the one it should. have you tried running the files manually?

Fafzor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 26, 2011, 11:16:11 am »

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Building a release and testing it manually seems to work, thank you for pointing this out to me.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:23:38 am by Fafzor »
Smell my cheese.

strich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 26, 2011, 05:21:32 pm »

Hey folks, I'm trying to use the dfhack library in my project. However I'm getting the following errors at runtime using visual studio 2010:

It probably can't find the xml file or something, but I've made sure it is in the same folder as the dll and executable. I've also tried some path variable settings in the project.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Yep VS2010 does some funky stuff to the way it runs the exe. If you've started a new VS project, then by default it won't work. Go into the configuration properties -> Debugging and make sure the Working Directory is $TargetDir. Do this for both Release and Debug configs. You should now be able to run them within VS2010.

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 26, 2011, 08:59:51 pm »

Question: Is it normal for DFHack to not work on modded DFs? I'm tweaking some of the numbers in inorganic_stone_mineral.txt in the hopes of making ores more common, but in doing so I seem to have broken prospector and reveal, the two tools I would normally use to find the minerals. Did I screw the pooch (very possible) or is this normal behavior for DFHack?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 26, 2011, 09:43:05 pm »

modding DF isn't supposed to break dfhack, and usually doesn't

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 26, 2011, 10:18:14 pm »

I wonder what it is that I did, then... Everything else looks pretty much normal. Maps gen and load just fine and dicking around after embarking doesn't bring up any issues. When I try to use DFReveal or DFProspector, though, they both say "Can't init map."

Here is what I changed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Doing essentially the same thing for all metal ores across the board, albeit with different values. I also changed most of the fluff minerals (pitchblende, etc) to have a frequency of 25. But that's all I did. Why would this break DFHack?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:21:00 pm by Khift »

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 26, 2011, 11:00:55 pm »

I'm having trouble using DFliquid. When I try to place something I get the Can't get cursor coords error.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #734 on: February 27, 2011, 04:30:40 am »

I'm having trouble using DFliquid. When I try to place something I get the Can't get cursor coords error.
The tool needs the 'look' cursor to be active ingame. Point it at something before use.

I wonder what it is that I did, then... Everything else looks pretty much normal. Maps gen and load just fine and dicking around after embarking doesn't bring up any issues. When I try to use DFReveal or DFProspector, though, they both say "Can't init map."

Here is what I changed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Doing essentially the same thing for all metal ores across the board, albeit with different values. I also changed most of the fluff minerals (pitchblende, etc) to have a frequency of 25. But that's all I did. Why would this break DFHack?
This is pretty much a mystery to me. I tried changing hematite just like you did and gen a new world. Everything seems to work just right. Can you give me the save?

Anyway, here's a piece of news: I have the creature offsets. Creatures should work in stonesense and other tools when they get updated :)
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 108