Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400635 times)

strich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.1
« Reply #660 on: February 09, 2011, 05:50:38 am »

Ah, so improving the current situation? I presume finding those fabled item lists and properties is still beyond us at this point? Any new ideas on how to fix that up?

strich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 10, 2011, 07:20:55 am »

DFHack doesn't currently compile via VS2010 on Windows:
Code: [Select]
1>..\..\..\library\DFProcess-windows.cpp(298): error C2011: '_MEMORY_BASIC_INFORMATION' : 'struct' type redefinition
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\include\winnt.h(8775) : see declaration of '_MEMORY_BASIC_INFORMATION'

Seems it is trying to redefine the same struct from WINNT.H. Any ideas?

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 10, 2011, 05:46:37 pm »

peterix just started working on it again.
Where did he leave off? What is he working on now?
Offset search automation.
I actually have an idea of how this would work... though, it would be VERY ineffective, inefficient, and would take a while...
Have the program take the entire .exe file, scan it for offsets, and compare what the offsets do to it's own database, and if it finds a match, it updates. I would have 0 clue on how to do this, but I get the feeling cheat engine might be a nice example...

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 10, 2011, 11:11:09 pm »

I want to code a simple tool to retrieve the map coordinates, the latitude and longitude of the embark site, the region, as well as the world size. However, I'm trying to code this in AutoHotkey as my C#/++ is incredibly rusty (i.e., basically nonexistent).

Question: What variable type are the following values stored in? (That is: UInt, Int, Int64, Short, UShort, Double, or Float?)

Code: [Select]
region_x :=
region_y :=
region_z :=
world_size_x :=
world_size_y :=
x_count :=
x_count_block :=
y_count :=
y_count_block :=
z_count :=
z_count_block :=

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 10, 2011, 11:44:30 pm »

region blocks aren't currently accessible from DFhack, but it's being worked on.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #665 on: February 11, 2011, 08:32:48 am »

Question: What variable type are the following values stored in?

Int32. Unsigned, I assume.

The offsets for map x/y/z_count are easiest to find while in arena mode, since the size of the arena is fixed at 9x9x9 blocks (09 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 09 00 00 00) 144x144x9 tiles (90 00 00 00 90 00 00 00 09 00 00 00).

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Memory_hacking#Map_data
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 12, 2011, 07:01:25 am »

Can anyone make the dfcleartask to work? I tried to follow the instructions how to build it, but it just won't work.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #667 on: February 14, 2011, 12:31:08 am »

Can anyone make the dfcleartask to work? I tried to follow the instructions how to build it, but it just won't work.
Well, if someone else picks it up, then maybe. It's pretty low priority compared with the other work that needs doing I'm afraid.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 14, 2011, 01:07:49 am »

Yeah, I believe that. After all, it's only needed if you reclaim fortress.

So, the building works fine, but when I try to run the exe then I get error that dfhack-debug.dll is missing from the computer. So, anyone knows if this problem can be solved by copying some files to certain place?

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

strich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 14, 2011, 01:22:48 am »

You just need to put that dll in the same folder at the executable. If you did a default build you should be able to find it all under:
.\DFHack\output\Release
or for debug versions:
.\DFHack\output\Debug

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 14, 2011, 01:33:57 am »

Okay, I moved the dfcleartask to place where my other tools for DF were, now that I tried to run the exe from the \output\debug\ folder, where the .dll file is, I get an error that

"R6010

-abort() has been called"

Any clues? Did I mess something during the usage of CMake or building?

I used MVSC2010 by the way.

Also, I have no \output\release -folder.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #671 on: February 16, 2011, 09:33:18 pm »

Hello!

Just a bit of news:
  • Tools-only release should be ready in a day or two. If you feel adventurous, you can build dfhack yourself/grab the xml :)
  • Current work is mostly offset hunting, but I'll spend some time on improving dfhack search tools before I start messing around with some of the more annoying parts. This time I'd like to make offset hunting easy (or at least a lot easier).
  • It looks like I caught some bug and my throat hates me. If it gets bad, I could be MIA for a few days.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 17, 2011, 01:04:39 am »

I do appreciate the effort that goes into DFHack. And it sounds like that the recent concentration on automating the offset hunting process might pay off soon.

But I have to ask: Can we still expect to see more than "preliminary support" for DF 31.18 on Windows eventually? Or, instead, will that effort be skipped in favor of support for 31.19, 31.20, etc...?

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 17, 2011, 01:34:30 pm »

You have my sympathy peterix, I felt the same when I awoke in the middle of the night last night (I blame the weather change) Couldn't even swallow pills to alleviate the pain/swelling, had to dissolve the little buggers in water and wash em down. Unfortunately, it's such a common occurrence for me anymore that I don't even notice the taste of dissolved excederine or ibuprofens anymore. I hope the offsets grab goes well, I can't seem to maintain a workable fort, even with lots of ponds and rainfal, without the DFliquids tool.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 17, 2011, 08:02:11 pm »

I hope DFHack, or at the very least DFVDIG and DFCLEANMAP are updated for 31.19 soon!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 108