Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400704 times)

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.1
« Reply #630 on: January 01, 2011, 09:16:19 am »

Did you unpause before unrevealing?
Yeah, I guess I did it once, receiving the "Screams and stuff" message, indicating hell. If I don't do that in the next embarks, everything should be fine ?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 01, 2011, 12:08:37 pm »

yeah. unpausing will cause some tiles to be incorrectly unrevealed and will cause lots of creatures spawning
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #632 on: January 01, 2011, 10:31:58 pm »

yeah. unpausing will cause some tiles to be incorrectly unrevealed and will cause lots of creatures spawning
Just a small correction here:
If you reveal and let the demons spawn, unrevealing the map won't help anymore, because it won't remove the demons. To avoid problems like this, don't unpause with a revealed map.

Tjalling

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 01, 2011, 10:58:08 pm »

I can't seem to find dfXvdig in the .zip that I downloaded. Is this correct?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 02, 2011, 12:22:06 am »

Just a small correction here:
If you reveal and let the demons spawn, unrevealing the map won't help anymore, because it won't remove the demons. To avoid problems like this, don't unpause with a revealed map.

what's worse, you will be the demons.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 02, 2011, 01:27:54 am »

And then Japa was demons.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 04, 2011, 07:32:56 pm »

I need help with DFliquid. How do I place magma?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 04, 2011, 08:52:45 pm »

Basically, when you open dfliquids, you see that string of .... stuff. That stuff indicates several flags about what dfliquids will do, when ordered to "place liquid". The commands are almost all one character long; you just press enter after typing them.
The first part is your current liquid; either magma or water. m changes to magma, w to water.
The next part is how much liquid to place; 0 to 7. Just input the desired level as a number between 0 to 7.
The f+ and f- things indicate whether or not to set the flow flag. When DF checks for flowing liquids, if the liquid was placed with flow ON, the liquid will flow just like anything else, if it was placed with flow OFF, it will sit there like a brick and not move until you remove it yourself, or interrupt it somehow. I don't know the specifics of what makes stuff flow. To turn this flag on/off, just input f+ or f-.
The s+, s. and s- flags indicate whether to set, add or remove. If s. is the current state, then all squares affected by the next dfliquids place command will be SET to the desired level of the desired liquid. If s+ is the current state, tiles will only be changed if they'd be gaining liquid. If s- is the current state, tiles will only be changed if they'd be losing liquid. For example, if you have a 3-tile long test space with 0, 4 and 7 levels of non-flowing water, and you set your current water level to 7, then place on the 0 tile with s-... basically, since the tile is currently 0 water and you'd be setting it to 7, this action would be ignored since you have the s- flag on - remove only.
Pressing p will set dfliquids to point by point application. Pressing r will set it to rectangular. You specify the width and height of the rectangle.
To actually put stuff down, go into [d]esignations or loo[k] in DF itself and move the cursor to the desired location. If you have it set on point to point mode, only the space your cursor is currently on will be filled; if in rectangular, the current location of the cursor will be treated as the top left of the rectangle. Pressing ENTER with no characters then fires a place command, which will drop liquids onto the screen.
As long as you don't unpause, you can always clean up your mistakes with no ill effect using dfliquids again, so you can  mess around until you get the hang of it.
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 05, 2011, 06:23:01 am »

Or you could simply type "help" into the command prompt...

Ferrum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 09, 2011, 07:51:50 pm »

I can't seem to find dfXvdig in the .zip that I downloaded. Is this correct?

look here...

I just downloaded this and I can't find dfXvdig! Do I need to get it from somewhere else?
Right. forgot that.
Make a file called dfxvdig.bat and put this in:
Code: [Select]
dfvdig.exe -x
That should do the trick.

Nami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 15, 2011, 10:27:52 pm »

Okay, I was just wondering, how do I use this to make Runesmith to work?  IT says it uses the DFhack Library but then it spouts all this nonsense about not being able to connect, and I can't find out what to do -.-;;; 

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 16, 2011, 09:35:59 pm »

I've tried it too and, yeah, it doesn't work. I don't think support for .18 is complete yet so we'll all just have to sit tight.
Preliminary support for DF 31.18 on Windows.
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 17, 2011, 02:04:34 pm »

If it worked it would have been done already. It does not work. Runesmith has different hoops to jump through.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 17, 2011, 02:10:12 pm »

dfliquids is awesome for adventure mode.
I pretend I build obsidian walls to protect me  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

yeath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 17, 2011, 04:14:26 pm »

I'm re-posting my question from a thread I created in the "modding" forum, because I'm hoping to get some more help here.

I'm running a vanilla DF version 31.18, and DF Hack version 0.5.1.  I've tried creating multiple worlds and embarking at different 4x4 sites in those worlds, but every time I run dfreveal, it reports that it is revealing and to please wait.  And I wait for 15 minutes, and nothing has changed.  Others have said that it typically takes 10-15 seconds, so something seems to be wrong.  Any ideas?

Here is the exact output of dfreveal.exe
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And not sure it helps, but here's my System Information
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 108