Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400627 times)

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.1
« Reply #570 on: November 21, 2010, 02:55:39 pm »

hm.

Is it possible to create a tool which removes forbid/dump designations globally? I know I can do it on the stocks screen, but that can be a LOT of manual button-presses.

I'm not a coder, but if somebody can give me some tips, I could probably throw something together..

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #571 on: November 21, 2010, 05:43:12 pm »

Is it possible to create a tool which removes forbid/dump designations globally?

Certainly - just take my "cleartask" tool and change the flags it clears.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 21, 2010, 06:02:23 pm »

Is it possible to create a tool which removes forbid/dump designations globally?

Could somebody throw together a tool that lets you place animals? and flag them as pets if you so desire... (I want a maze filled with BogeyMen as a defensive line for my fortress ^.^)

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 21, 2010, 06:07:35 pm »

Sorry to add another question but - would it be possible to create a tool which removes mud?

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 21, 2010, 06:07:59 pm »

I was under the impression that critters create crazy issues.

Also, I have no idea how to work this code - and cleartask isn't part of the tools in the dl?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 21, 2010, 06:23:06 pm »

Could somebody throw together a tool that lets you place animals? and flag them as pets if you so desire... (I want a maze filled with BogeyMen as a defensive line for my fortress ^.^)
Daruis had a steal function in his 40d version of friendship enhancer which would if selected will convert the creature into a miner in your fort. though during fusion it seems he never brought that back.
maybe due to having runesmith's tame flag was just good enough for that.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

LealNightrunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 22, 2010, 08:54:29 pm »

Thanks for putting in the forcepause util!
Current Fort: NatureRags

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 22, 2010, 11:03:33 pm »

Also, I have no idea how to work this code - and cleartask isn't part of the tools in the dl?

You're thinkin of the wrong thing :D
I mean a tool that spawns the ENTIRE creature through memory hacking, it sounds dwarven, since, by criteria I recently saw, it will be extremely difficult to make, and probably won't work in the first place >:)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 23, 2010, 12:20:05 am »

You're thinkin of the wrong thing :D
I mean a tool that spawns the ENTIRE creature through memory hacking, it sounds dwarven, since, by criteria I recently saw, it will be extremely difficult to make, and probably won't work in the first place >:)
so you want arena mode spawning ability in both fort and adventurer mode?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 24, 2010, 02:33:09 pm »

are you looking for any help peterix? I might be able to program a high level interface to your library if you'd like.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #580 on: November 24, 2010, 03:24:17 pm »

are you looking for any help peterix? I might be able to program a high level interface to your library if you'd like.
Always. This is something that's really missing.  I've done a bit of work on a map cache for the vdig tool (for flood fills) and that could be refactored into something reasonably high level I guess... rest is a ton of low level stuff with just enough abstraction to shield the user from doing the memory access themselves.

Anyway, there's an IRC channel on freenode: #dfhack

@everyone else: Sorry for the wait on the other offsets. I was terribly busy lately.

Axecleaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 03, 2010, 05:38:42 am »

I read somewhere a message that suggested there was talk of adding more official support for mods in a later version of DF - as in code changes to make it easier to write or update mods. Can someone confirm this? And, if true, wouldn't this lessen the (currently vital) importance of dfhack to other mods?

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 03, 2010, 01:19:22 pm »

As far as I've read, toady is not planning on implementing an API like that anytime soon, if at all, though footkerchief or someone like that would have a more definitive answer.

DFPongo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 03, 2010, 02:02:32 pm »

Last I saw on it, Toady had considered it fully and was not going to do the API thing. He had good reasons that I doubt have changed, or that the tone of some of these threads would change.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 06, 2010, 10:18:56 pm »

Something I've been wondering about recently.  If DFHack can find all the blood and contaminants and stuff on the map, can it do the same for stones?  As in, the colossal profusion of worthless stones that end up all over your fortress and slow your FPS to a crawl?

Can this be done easily with a slight modification of dfcleanmap.exe, or would it take something entirely new?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 108