Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400623 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.5.0.2 - tools and memory access library
« Reply #525 on: November 13, 2010, 06:52:45 pm »

i cant say anything about your dfhack prob but AFAIK blood/stains dont impact fps, at least they dont seriously affect it. i ran dfcleanmap on a fort of mine that was running at 10-15 fps and it had no noticable effect (and believe me, i had a LOT of blood). flooding everything with magma to destroy the excess of dwarves and objects hanging around however got my fps to 50.

what i'm trying to say is, blood is probably not cutting any fps - if your fps is low, there's something else there killing it.
Well. Basically, a spatter object is a pair of a monochrome bitmap and material. By clearing the bitmap (which dfclearmap does), no creature can pick up materials from the objects, but they are kept around. The game still has to check them for the values of the tiles, and there's no change to the CPU time the checking takes.

Hmm... maybe:
Code: [Select]
For each spatter object, find tile where value_of(bitmap) != 0 and there's no creature or building on the tile
    For each tile where tile != found tile
        Set value_of(bitmap) to 0
        Place 1/7 on found tile
Anyone feel like implementing this? Maybe with a slight modification, where it would try to avoid placing magma on tiles that intersect the whitelisted spatter objects (mud, snow) and single-tile passages? If my guess is right, it could make the game destroy the objects and reclaim a bit of resources that way. Still, the effect could be minimal.

I am having the same problem another guy had in here, when I run dfcleanmap I get "Can't init map." in the consol and nothing else.  This is in windows, hack v. 0.5.0.2, DF v.31.16.
Are you running the SDL DF version? DFHack doesn't have offsets for the legacy versions.
The FPS from all the blood is killing me.
Well, can't help there right now... try magma ;)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #526 on: November 13, 2010, 10:27:36 pm »

<Version name="v0.31.17 SDL" os="windows" base="v0.31.16 SDL" rebase="0x472D0">
        <PETimeStamp value="0x4CDC27A0" />
        <MD5 value="2265cdcb215a0f12c5530cfd95d4d6fa" />
        <Offsets>
            <Group name="Position">
                <Address name="cursor_xyz" value="0xb107f0" />
            </Group>
            <Group name="Materials">
                <Address name="inorganics" value="0x16e327c" />
                <Address name="organics_all" value="0x16e329c" />
                <Address name="organics_trees" value="0x16e32cc" />
                <Address name="organics_plants" value="0x16e32ac" />
                <Address name="creature_type_vector" value="0x16E3370" />
            </Group>
            <Group name="GUI">
                <Address name="pause_state" value="0x14C7BE1" />
            </Group>
        </Offsets>
    </Version>

It's enough for dfcleanmap, dfvdig, dfprobe, and dfliquids; dfposition is missing a few offsets, and dfprospector crashes. Dfreveal mostly works, but the "pause" offset is wrong so it's probably causing very subtle memory corruption.

[edit]

Found the pause offset, so dfreveal should work properly now.

[edit]

Rechecked all of the materials vectors - turns out a bunch of them were wrong. Unfortunately, dfprospector still crashes, so I can only assume I'm missing something else.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 04:22:05 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 13, 2010, 10:41:33 pm »

It's enough for dfcleanmap, dfvdig, dfprobe, and dfliquids; dfposition is missing a few offsets, and dfprospector crashes. Dfreveal mostly works, but the "pause" offset is wrong so it's probably causing very subtle memory corruption.
As always, sir, you are a gentleman and scholar.

Given the problem with the pause offset, it's likely best to simply not save after revealing. Presumably that would avoid the issue entirely.

Also, once more, for those who don't know, to apply Quietust's finely-crafted and elegant code:
1. Open a previous version of dfhack's Memory.xml in some editor (notepad works in windows).
2. Search for W I N E, including that specific capitalization and the spaces between the letters.
3. Copy-paste Quietust's code just after the last E in W I N E.
4. Now dfhack will work, at least with some tools.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

cryopyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 14, 2010, 05:04:26 am »

I get the "Can't find suitable process" error. I am running 0.31.17. It was running previously on 0.31.12. I have dfhack version 0.5.0.2. I am trying to run dfreveal.

Is this a problem with the software not being configured with 0.31.17? Or do you think it's problem with my computer/something I don't have/etc.?
"Now it's day and night the irons clang, and like poor galley slaves we toil and toil, and when we die, must fill dishonored graves. But some dark night, when everything is silent in the town I'll shoot those tyrants one and all, I'll gun the flogger down. I'll give the land a little shock, remember what I say, and they'll yet regret they've sent Jim Jones in chains to Botany Bay."
-- "Jim Jones", Traditional

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 14, 2010, 05:49:00 am »

it's a problem with requiring weeks of work by everybody involved to get it working on the new version.

cryopyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 14, 2010, 05:59:58 am »

it's a problem with requiring weeks of work by everybody involved to get it working on the new version.

Haha, well shit. Well thanks for letting me know.
"Now it's day and night the irons clang, and like poor galley slaves we toil and toil, and when we die, must fill dishonored graves. But some dark night, when everything is silent in the town I'll shoot those tyrants one and all, I'll gun the flogger down. I'll give the land a little shock, remember what I say, and they'll yet regret they've sent Jim Jones in chains to Botany Bay."
-- "Jim Jones", Traditional

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
  • insert witty tagline here
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 14, 2010, 08:36:51 am »

What does it say exactly?

"The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
i like goats

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 14, 2010, 10:05:42 am »

Anyone know how to fix dfdig? That's really the only thing I used. MUCH easier than having to keep on selecting blocks in a vein as you see then.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #533 on: November 14, 2010, 12:31:40 pm »

I get the "Can't find suitable process" error. I am running 0.31.17. It was running previously on 0.31.12. I have dfhack version 0.5.0.2. I am trying to run dfreveal.

Is this a problem with the software not being configured with 0.31.17? Or do you think it's problem with my computer/something I don't have/etc.?

Did you edit your memory.xml to add the section I posted above? If so, make sure you're running the SDL version and not the Legacy version.

[edit] Also, I found the pause offset, so dfreveal should be safe to use. Well, as safe as it was in 0.31.16 - it looks like the "pause" logic is actually writing 4 bytes when the game itself only uses a single byte to store the pause state, so it's actually clearing 3 other unknown flags in the process.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 12:43:04 pm by Quietust »
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 14, 2010, 02:45:45 pm »

Did you edit your memory.xml to add the section I posted above? If so, make sure you're running the SDL version and not the Legacy version.

[edit] Also, I found the pause offset, so dfreveal should be safe to use. Well, as safe as it was in 0.31.16 - it looks like the "pause" logic is actually writing 4 bytes when the game itself only uses a single byte to store the pause state, so it's actually clearing 3 other unknown flags in the process.

I've heard I need to edit memory.xml, but what am I supposed to do exactly? I'm a bit confused with that...
i like goats

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 14, 2010, 03:39:21 pm »

I've heard I need to edit memory.xml, but what am I supposed to do exactly? I'm a bit confused with that...

Also, once more, for those who don't know, to apply Quietust's finely-crafted and elegant code:
1. Open a previous version of dfhack's Memory.xml in some editor (notepad works in windows).
2. Search for W I N E, including that specific capitalization and the spaces between the letters.
3. Copy-paste Quietust's code just after the last E in W I N E.
4. Now dfhack will work, at least with some tools.
    <Version name="v0.31.17 SDL" os="windows" base="v0.31.16 SDL" rebase="0x472D0">
        <PETimeStamp value="0x4CDC27A0" />
        <MD5 value="2265cdcb215a0f12c5530cfd95d4d6fa" />
        <Offsets>
            <Group name="Position">
                <Address name="cursor_xyz" value="0xb107f0" />
            </Group>
            <Group name="Materials">
                <Address name="inorganics" value="0x16e327c" />
                <Address name="organics_all" value="0x16e328c" /> not sure about this one
                <Address name="organics_trees" value="0x16e32bc" /> or this one either
                <Address name="organics_plants" value="0x16e329c" /> these were pretty much guessed
                <Address name="creature_type_vector" value="0x16E3360" /> based on their order in previous versions
            </Group>
            <Group name="GUI">
                <Address name="pause_state" value="0x14C7BE1" />
            </Group>
        </Offsets>
    </Version>
Reading!
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 14, 2010, 07:47:53 pm »

still does absolutely nothing to get it to work
i like goats

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 14, 2010, 08:11:42 pm »

still does absolutely nothing to get it to work
Worked for me, once I followed the directions exactly, and copied linefeed characters to prevent Notepad from working its corrupting magic.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #538 on: November 14, 2010, 11:14:22 pm »

Minor bump, I've also narrowed down the materials vectors, but DFProspector still wants something else and is crashing.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 15, 2010, 06:21:03 am »

note, on the previous page, use the first one not the second memory layout.

the second one being quoted is not as updated as the first one
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 108