Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400759 times)

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.0.2 - tools and memory access library
« Reply #510 on: November 02, 2010, 12:08:58 pm »

If you are running Ubuntu maverick (10/10) try this http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65326.0

sorry for the late reply - i am actually running maverick and i tried that but it didnt change anything. i guess i'll have to figure out memory.xml. thanks though

in any case, i did manage to get dfhack to run perfectly when i'm on winxp (running both windows df and dfhack ofcourse). at that time all i wanted to do was figure out if i had leaks and what was causing my fps to drop to the 5-15 range. i filled my fortress and outside with 7/7 magma burning nearly everything except iron stuff and some parts of my fort that strangely the 7/7 magma wouldn't burn. got up to 50 fps with gfps capped at 25 or 15 (cant remember). about 10 or so dwarves were left and i think close to the same amount of animals, luckily tucked at the lower z-levels. i was atom smashing for a long while, slowly getting my 10k stone to about 7k or something but it didnt help much. eventually, after spending whole days just waiting for a season to pass and trying to atom smash a septillion items (like infinite stuff from dead invaders and caravans) i gave up and restarted :P
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

Raziel_Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 02, 2010, 09:28:57 pm »

Any news on dfcleartask.exe working yet, btw where to you get the .cpp file from?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #512 on: November 03, 2010, 10:22:37 am »

Any news on dfcleartask.exe working yet, btw where to you get the .cpp file from?
I've recently merged some item-related fixes. Guess it could work now, I'll have to test this :)

Anyway, my current plan is to start working on a map editor/visualizer, which will eventually obsolete all of the dfhack map tools. The GUI parts and input will use Qt. The visualization will be done with OpenGL 2, avoiding the fixed pipeline. View will be top-down with perspective, z-levels above current hidden and z-levels below possibly dimmed. The main goal is me learning Qt (better) and all the fancy shader stuff, but I guess you guys will like the results ;)

I'd like to have the visualization part and some basic controls first, along with an equivalent of reveal and vein digger.

Further work on the memory.xml overhaul has been stalled for some time now, and I'll leave all that stuff for some other time or a different project.

I installed the archlinux package but i can't use any of the apps and I can't compile stonesense  :-\ do i have to copy the files to somewhere?
I'm not using DF from arch-games repos, I'm using the one from Community (31.16)
The package is probably horribly outdated. I could publish a working PKGBUILD on AUR tho. DF 31.16 is not yet supported on linux because I've been lazy and not really playing DF :P

So, I'll try to get things in order and then start working on the editor.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #513 on: November 03, 2010, 12:07:32 pm »

dfcleartask might not even be necessary soon - the bug tracker seems to indicate that the reclaim bug will finally be fixed in version 0.31.17.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 06, 2010, 12:30:49 pm »

Anyone have custom tools for DF hack, such as the one for designating all trees or all sunberry bushes?
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Raziel_Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 10, 2010, 12:38:37 am »

Well if anyone can get clear tasks working or know a way please tell me, for it sounds like you will need to gen a new world so I would loose my fort.

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
  • insert witty tagline here
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 10, 2010, 06:01:41 pm »

a little help?

whenever i try using something it keeps saying that it couldn't configure the application or something like that

someone tell me what steps i take to use any of this?
i like goats

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 11, 2010, 07:00:32 pm »

still won't work

agggggggaaaaah  :(
i like goats

Raufgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 12, 2010, 01:56:15 am »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand 0.31.17 is out. Toady working overtime again...

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 12, 2010, 11:39:48 am »

aaaaaaaand it still won't work

what the heck is wrong with this thing
i like goats

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 12, 2010, 04:24:30 pm »

Kearn, do you have DF running while you use the hax?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #521 on: November 12, 2010, 06:32:39 pm »

a little help?
whenever i try using something it keeps saying that it couldn't configure the application or something like that
someone tell me what steps i take to use any of this?
1. Please don't spam the thread.
2. What does it say exactly?

My guess is that you don't have the right C/C++ libs. Get this.

@everyone
Also, don't expect any kind of updates until at least tuesday. I have too much other stuff to do.

Abraxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 12, 2010, 09:26:11 pm »

I am having the same problem another guy had in here, when I run dfcleanmap I get "Can't init map." in the consol and nothing else.  This is in windows, hack v. 0.5.0.2, DF v.31.16.

I get this message whether the game is running or not.  DFhack is running from a directory outside Dwarf Fortress'.  As there are no installation instructions anywhere I assume this is meant to run anywhere.

Anywho, that's all I can think of, help would be appreciated, my fortress had been massacred down to 3 dwarfs a year and a half ago, now that more migrants have begun to show up the FPS from all the blood is killing me.

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 12, 2010, 09:55:18 pm »

i cant say anything about your dfhack prob but AFAIK blood/stains dont impact fps, at least they dont seriously affect it. i ran dfcleanmap on a fort of mine that was running at 10-15 fps and it had no noticable effect (and believe me, i had a LOT of blood). flooding everything with magma to destroy the excess of dwarves and objects hanging around however got my fps to 50.

what i'm trying to say is, blood is probably not cutting any fps - if your fps is low, there's something else there killing it.
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 13, 2010, 04:24:25 pm »

Man I wonder if there a T'ravel Anywhere utility. I can't get use to having to walk out of a 10 zlevel castle to start a quest. It's Insane.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 108