Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400961 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DFHack 0.5.0.1 - tools and memory access library
« Reply #405 on: October 06, 2010, 12:56:08 pm »

Extremely partial offsets for 0.31.16 Windows SDL:

Code: [Select]
    <Version name="v0.31.16 SDL" os="windows" base="v0.31.14 SDL" rebase="0x1050">
        <PETimeStamp value="0x4CA9D544" />
        <Offsets>
            <Group name="Position">
                <Address name="cursor_xyz" value="0xac97f0" />
            </Group>
        </Offsets>
    </Version>

Position stuff (at least the cursor position) seems to be offset by 0x1000 relative to 0.31.14 but a bunch of other stuff (including map data) is offset by 0x1050.

Works well enough for cleanmap, liquids, probe, prospector, reveal, and vdig. Anything else will probably crash.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 12:57:47 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 06, 2010, 02:47:43 pm »

Code: [Select]
    <Version name="v0.31.16 SDL" os="windows" base="v0.31.14 SDL" rebase="0x1050">
        <PETimeStamp value="0x4CA9D544" />
        <Offsets>
            <Group name="Position">
                <Address name="cursor_xyz" value="0xac97f0" />
            </Group>
        </Offsets>
    </Version>

Position stuff (at least the cursor position) seems to be offset by 0x1000 relative to 0.31.14 but a bunch of other stuff (including map data) is offset by 0x1050.

Works well enough for cleanmap, liquids, probe, prospector, reveal, and vdig. Anything else will probably crash.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 06, 2010, 03:39:14 pm »

For those of you who don't know, if you open the Memory.xml document in the dfhack folder with something that can edit it (notepad will suffice if nothing else), search for W I N D O W S and W I N E (including the "and" between, as well as spaces between each letter of WINDOWS and WINE), and just paste in Quietust's elegantly-crafted and masterful code directly beneath, it'll work.

Just giving exact instructions on how to use such a thing  ;)

Edit: Just for clarity, it doesn't actually work if you search for the whole thing as I put it there. Just search for W I N D O W S and you'll find it I suspect.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 04:27:11 pm by NecroRebel »
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

kmob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 06, 2010, 03:41:34 pm »

<snip>

Superb! This works well with dfclean and .16. Thank you!

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 06, 2010, 03:43:30 pm »

i cant find W I N D O W S and W I N E in the memory.xml, it simply cant find it
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 06, 2010, 03:50:46 pm »

i cant find W I N D O W S and W I N E in the memory.xml, it simply cant find it
It's roughly halfway through the file, though due to how dense the code can be, it can be very, very hard to find by hand...

Actually... It appears that notepad puts many more than just 1 space between the S and the word "and" and the word "and" and the W in W I N E. Try searching for just W I N D O W S instead (with spaces, of course).
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 06, 2010, 03:54:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
Seconded!

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 06, 2010, 04:23:56 pm »

ahh thankz necro, it works :) woot i can now dig properly, if only df had this build in :/
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

kasker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 06, 2010, 05:26:32 pm »

Thanks for this library it is awesome =) I added a 'range' brush mode to liquids. Instead of a point or block, brush will prompt for a width and height and fill the entire rectangle with the cursor as top left corner.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 06, 2010, 05:50:26 pm »

Thanks for this library it is awesome =) I added a 'range' brush mode to liquids. Instead of a point or block, brush will prompt for a width and height and fill the entire rectangle with the cursor as top left corner.
You must tell the rest of us how to add this 'range' brush and/or upload the modified tool yourself! Science demands it! Also, it's something many of us have been desirous of for a long while and we will all praise you greatly for it, as it would make the tool infinitely more convenient.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #415 on: October 06, 2010, 08:21:04 pm »

Right. I managed to get away from playing minecraft and attending lectures for a while and pushed things a bit in the right direction :)

Try this file: http://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/data/Memory-ng.xml

There are some problems with new creature skills, but that shouldn't affect the normal DFHack tools in any way.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 06, 2010, 08:40:04 pm »

Right. I managed to get away from playing minecraft and attending lectures for a while and pushed things a bit in the right direction :)

There are some problems with new creature skills, but that shouldn't affect the normal DFHack tools in any way.

I MUST beg you to update the code and add what quietust posted! If you do not, i will release my desert gnomes.... (you don't wanna know what they do when they catch you!)

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 06, 2010, 09:55:02 pm »

Thanks for the update :D

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 06, 2010, 09:58:53 pm »

You must tell the rest of us how to add this 'range' brush and/or upload the modified tool yourself! Science demands it! Also, it's something many of us have been desirous of for a long while and we will all praise you greatly for it, as it would make the tool infinitely more convenient.

Seconded! Pleeeeeeeease give us this, you will be a God among Men (and Toady).

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 06, 2010, 10:27:32 pm »

Seconded! Pleeeeeeeease give us this, you will be a God among Men (and Toady).

Toady is a god among gods... let's hope he allows us to have 0.31.17 so i get an E-cookie :D
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 108