Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400960 times)

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.4.0.5 - tools and memory access library
« Reply #210 on: August 19, 2010, 04:48:55 pm »

What needs to happen to get the Python bindings working?

Sorry I've been slacking off lately.  Going into beta has involved more stress and less sleep than any of our other projects thus far.

I don't think my latest additions have been pulled into the trunk yet, but the Python bindings largely work in my tests.  I've been able to interact with map data, read creature states, and the like.  Some of the bigger pieces haven't been tested much (or at all), mostly writing map features or creature jobs.  I'm not too worried about it, though, since just about all of the calls equate to something like "allocate via buffer callback -> call C++ stuff -> vector copy -> return -> whores".

I'm going back through everything trying to make sure I haven't missed anything, but I know there are a couple of unwrapped pieces at the moment.

In short, I'd consider the Python bindings to be highly experimental, but ready for some amount of field testing.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

Artanis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.4.0.5 - tools and memory access library
« Reply #211 on: August 19, 2010, 06:00:13 pm »

What needs to happen to get the Python bindings working?

Sorry I've been slacking off lately.  Going into beta has involved more stress and less sleep than any of our other projects thus far.

I don't think my latest additions have been pulled into the trunk yet, but the Python bindings largely work in my tests.  I've been able to interact with map data, read creature states, and the like.  Some of the bigger pieces haven't been tested much (or at all), mostly writing map features or creature jobs.  I'm not too worried about it, though, since just about all of the calls equate to something like "allocate via buffer callback -> call C++ stuff -> vector copy -> return -> whores".

I'm going back through everything trying to make sure I haven't missed anything, but I know there are a couple of unwrapped pieces at the moment.

In short, I'd consider the Python bindings to be highly experimental, but ready for some amount of field testing.

Sounds like fun. When I get a chance then, I'll pull your code into my repo and look at it.

I want to see if I can do some dwarf therapist stuff, but I prefer to work in Python.
Git - fast, efficient, distributed version control system
Github - Free public repositories, issue tracking, wikis, downloads...

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.4.0.7b - tools and memory access library
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2010, 12:40:58 pm »

Quick question, I'm trying to figure out how to use DFHack with AHK to retrieve the memory offsets for the mouse, cursor, and window coordinates, but I know practically nothing about coding in C++. So, I'd like some advice on how to solve this issue. I can retrieve the values from the offsets just fine, I'm just looking for a way to get the offsets in the first place. Looking through the the functions in the position module, it seems that they return several separate values for X, Y, and Z with each call. I'm looking for a way to only return one value per call so that dllcall can handle it. Any help would be appreciated, but I hope you don't feel obligated to do much.  :D
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2010, 12:44:27 pm »

On the topic of utilities (Basically what this is) Does anyone know of one that modifies the number of starting dwarves/points at embark?

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2010, 12:49:39 pm »

Your probably looking for friendship enhancer to change the number of starting dwarves. As for the points, that's an easy memory hack with cheat engine or something similar. Just go to the embark buying screen, search for the number of points you have, change your point number, search next for the new one, and repeat until you've found the value you need. Then just change it to what you want and optionally freeze it.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2010, 12:51:25 pm »

Thanks!

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2010, 12:53:15 pm »

No problem, always happy to help when I can.

TroZ_shack

• Bay Watcher
  • Narf!
    • View Profile
    • Shacknews
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2010, 04:37:58 pm »

Hi, I'm about ready to release the initial version of the Dwarf Fortress to Minecraft level converter tool based upon DFHack 0.4.0.5, but I though I'd post it here and get some feedback before creating a thread for it.

http://github.com/TroZ/DF2MC

I've never used git before and I'm really not sure how to setup a project so that you could be able to compile on both Windows and Linux, so I've just posted the .cpp source and settings xml file that the program uses as well as a simple readme. Hopefully people and compile what I've posted (or download the build I made).

I setup a separate project as there is still a bunch of work to do to get a 'finished' converter, and I didn't think the DFHack project would want the trouble of bug reports from this code, but feel free to include it in the unsupported tools come with DFHack if you want.

There is still a bunch of work to do to have a 'proper' conversion. Most of the import TODOs are mentioned in the readme. So, if you feel like helping out, that's a good place to start.

I'll probably create a separate thread tomorrow, after I've gotten some feedback and fixed any fatal bugs if any are found.

DF2MC -> Convert DF Maps to Minecraft Levels so you can use Minecraft as a 3D visualizer for Dwarf Fortress
DF2MC - The cause of 15+ head explosions and counting!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2010, 09:47:49 pm »

tried it with my DF map, spawned in the lava

nevermind, after some readme reading, it would seem that the top, center of the level is lava. I am now floring that bit over.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:57:38 pm by Japa »

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2010, 02:20:17 pm »

Is there like a 40d version of this, or at least a 40d version of prospector and reveal/unreveal?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2010, 02:24:30 pm »

yeah, you have too go back a bunch of versions

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2010, 04:09:18 pm »

And where can I get the 40d version? I can't seem to find it. Can someone provide me with a download link?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2010, 04:28:20 pm »

And where can I get the 40d version? I can't seem to find it. Can someone provide me with a download link?
http://github.com/downloads/peterix/dfhack/dfhack-bin-0.2.1.zip

It doesn't have some of the newer utils, but also has some other ones. Everything between 40d and 40d19-2 should be supported, along with versions before that.

btw: I'm back and coding again :)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2010, 05:04:37 pm »

Thanks.

mLegion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2010, 02:04:18 am »

I'm looking for a way to only return one value per call so that dllcall can handle it. Any help would be appreciated, but I hope you don't feel obligated to do much.  :D

You want to write a simple DLL that just calls DFHack and then returns only 1 of the co-ordinates.

edit: @peterix: is there any kind of standard for making GUI apps with DFHack so that they remain cross-platform?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:06:16 am by mLegion »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 108