Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400866 times)

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.8
« Reply #975 on: March 19, 2011, 04:54:01 pm »

I've run into a bit of a problem compiling. I'm on openSUSE 11.3

i've run cmake and then i tried to run make and this is what i get:

Code: [Select]
cousac@linux-zwvc:~/Downloads/peterix-dfhack-1cc74b3/build> make
[  1%] Building CXX object library/CMakeFiles/dfhack.dir/DFContext.cpp.o
/home/cousac/Downloads/peterix-dfhack-1cc74b3/library/DFContext.cpp:34:35: fatal error: private/ModuleFactory.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [library/CMakeFiles/dfhack.dir/DFContext.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [library/CMakeFiles/dfhack.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

dunno what to do. :(
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:03:36 pm by cousac »

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #976 on: March 19, 2011, 05:41:10 pm »

Already fixed. I forgot to push the file to github...

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 19, 2011, 06:10:14 pm »

Already fixed. I forgot to push the file to github...

you sir are a god :) now to build stone sense :p

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #978 on: March 19, 2011, 08:49:47 pm »

Whichever version worked for 31.19. I know for a fact that version 5.1 worked, I think versions 5.2 and 5.3 worked as well, but I'm not sure. Both DF and the tools are running in wine.
Ok. Please stop using DFHack inside wine, the fact that it even worked before was pure luck.

You can, however, use the linux dfhack with wine DF. And I just added an Ubuntu package generator to my build system, so you can grab those from the first post :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:51:31 pm by peterix »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 20, 2011, 02:04:01 pm »

Yay, thanks!

EDIT:
How do i use the tools on linux? I try to run it from a terminal, but I get this error:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DFHack::Error::NoProcess'
  what():  couldn't find a suitable process
Aborted
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:38:03 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

vityav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 20, 2011, 03:16:01 pm »

Yay, thanks!

EDIT:
How do i use the tools on linux? I try to run it from a terminal, but I get this error:
Aborted

When I used to get that error, it meant I hadn't started DF (and loaded a map) before running the tools. Trying now with an unsupported version (31.21 linux), it gives me that error too. Are either of those true for you?

vityav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 20, 2011, 03:28:27 pm »

Current packages (0.5.8 for DF 31.xx):
Windows tools release
Ubuntu 10.10 32bit
Ubuntu 10.10 64bit

Does this mean there should exist memory offsets for 31.21 linux? I see none :(
Also, though I'm fairly inexperienced with memory hacking (read: simple scanning for numerical changes), it seems like I saw a quick guide you wrote on it and I'd be happy to help out if my fedora 14 x64 addresses would be of any use.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #982 on: March 20, 2011, 03:42:52 pm »

Yay, thanks!

EDIT:
Aborted
It should be possible to use them with both linux and wine DF. The wine DF versions are better supported, because the offsets are up to date (and should suffer less from weird linux kernel extensions).

Hmm... I haven't tested things much with ubuntu to be honest. Just made sure the packages install properly. Just running df 31.16 on my 10.10 i386 VM, things seem a little wonky. Reveal works, cursor position doesn't... weird. I can see automated testing on the horizon :P

Does this mean there should exist memory offsets for 31.21 linux? I see none :(
Also, though I'm fairly inexperienced with memory hacking (read: simple scanning for numerical changes), it seems like I saw a quick guide you wrote on it and I'd be happy to help out if my fedora 14 x64 addresses would be of any use.
It means nothing. The linux support is the same it was before. There are just some packages for Ubuntu. I was reworking the build system and figured adding support for building those automatically can't be that hard (I was wrong and spent a few hours bashing my head against a wall, but whatever ... ).

Help is always appreciated. I'm not familiar with fedora all that much, but it can't be too different. Make sure you grab some decent tools and use the git HEAD of dfhack.
As long as you stick to the linux stuff, you won't have to do much voodoo wizardry with debuggers :) Stop by in the irc channel (#dfhack on freenode).

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 20, 2011, 03:53:39 pm »

Peterix I hate cross asking but I figured I would get a better response here. I remember that a couple of versions ago (maybe the version in which ghosts were introduced), making the current adventurer "ghostly" would give them godly walk-through-walls abilities. Now all it does is make them able to fly and other silly ghostly things. Am I doing something wrong, or has this been removed from DF in the first place, or was this a removed feature of DFusion?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #984 on: March 20, 2011, 04:02:45 pm »

I remember that a couple of versions ago, making the current adventurer "ghostly" would give them godly walk-through-walls abilities. Now all it does is make them able to fly and other silly ghostly things.
My guess is Toady removed the walking through walls thing because it was causing a lot of lag from excessive pathfinding.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 20, 2011, 04:06:42 pm »

Ahh, thanks for that response. I had figured it was a debug feature left in but that WOULD make more sense, hehe :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 20, 2011, 06:36:31 pm »

Ahh, thanks for that response. I had figured it was a debug feature left in but that WOULD make more sense, hehe :)

Wait pathing through walls was only done if you where naked something about having items on solidify you. I haven't checked out .21 version but yeah naked = no clip.
 edit. yeah it still works in .21
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 04:57:00 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 20, 2011, 08:00:37 pm »

Hey Mr. peterix

Question: When are you planning to make the CMakeList.txt for the python bindings? I'd very much like to use it to make a visualizer via Panda3d...

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #988 on: March 21, 2011, 03:14:11 am »

When are you planning to make the CMakeList.txt for the python bindings?
When the stars are right ... :D

Soon, I hope. It requires a bit of research into how python modules have to be installed (and testing).

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #989 on: March 21, 2011, 03:21:37 am »

I remember that a couple of versions ago, making the current adventurer "ghostly" would give them godly walk-through-walls abilities. Now all it does is make them able to fly and other silly ghostly things.
My guess is Toady removed the walking through walls thing because it was causing a lot of lag from excessive pathfinding.

I honestly wonder why they were path finding, though.  If you can walk through everything, can't you just travel in a straight line?

Basically, something akin to:
if (u.pos.x < target.x) next.x++;
if (u.pos.x > target.x) next.x--;
if (u.pos.y < target.y) next.y++;
if (u.pos.y > target.y) next.y--;
if (u.pos.z < target.z) next.z++;
if (u.pos.z > target.z) next.z--;
u.pos = next;
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 108