Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400660 times)

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
Re: DFHack 0.5.0.2 - tools and memory access library
« Reply #495 on: October 25, 2010, 09:39:02 pm »

Now I know. It means there's no cursor. Hit 'k' and point at an empty tile before running the tool. I know it's not very friendly, but it's really, really old code.

Bingo!  Now that'll make the magma spreadin' a whole lot faster.  :D

zxcvmnb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 26, 2010, 07:06:30 am »

No such luck, just the uninstaller for the MinGW-get tool, which also doesn't seem to be the installer, or at least doesn't do anything.

Anybody who uses MinGW know where to get a current g++.exe?
So just to check, you have tried "mingw-get install package g++" from the command line? (described here; I found it via http://www.mingw.org/wiki/InstallationHOWTOforMinGW)

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 26, 2010, 12:59:55 pm »

Thank you for having the patience to walk a total newb through his own mistakes.  I'm ashamed to say this, but it looks like the main problem was my tendency to click through install dialogues as fast as possible.  There's a part in the install where it asks which components you'd like to install, and I selected all the languages.  g++.exe was then installed correctly, I ran the .bat file, and the compile seems to have worked.  I had done so before, but at the time I was doing a bunch of other things wrong. 

Sorry for taking up your time with this, and thanks for your patience. 

Now, to get to splicing code.

Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 26, 2010, 01:35:04 pm »

Hey, it worked.  I modified a 3-tile pond, breached it, and now it's proceeding to flood the whole world. 

It's a very minor thing (takes like 1 minute, most of which is spent looking up the river source tile ID), but should I send my source file to you anyway so it can be included in the official version?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:38:04 pm by Makbeth »
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 26, 2010, 02:32:09 pm »

So I've got two new commands for dfliquids.  typing "r" will switch to river source mode, which lays down tiles that regenerate water very quickly.  Typing "a" will switch to featstone mode, which can be used to fill in hollow adamantine veins for cyan-starved maps.  It can affect slade as well, but I haven't tested it yet and it probably only works in demonic fortresses or hell, and even then it may require that a piece be missing, which is unlikely with this rock.  Using it anywhere but inside an adamantine vein, on a natural adamantine floor, or in slade features will generate a wall of unknown material. 

Entries have been added to the "help" command list.  I'd add more, but there's not much else in tiletypes that looks interesting.  Maybe wet soil floors, but I tend not to have a shortage of those.  I'll add them if anyone wants them though.

I should probably get to work now, but later I'll see about making the brush 2x2 for featstone.  I think one tile at a time for river sources is probably enough.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 02:39:11 pm by Makbeth »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #500 on: October 26, 2010, 04:04:29 pm »

One other possibly useful option would be the ability to toggle the "aquifer" flag on selected tiles.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #501 on: October 26, 2010, 05:26:36 pm »

One other possibly useful option would be the ability to toggle the "aquifer" flag on selected tiles.
I'm afraid that depends on the layer itself having an aquifer... and changing that would require knowing what to change.

Makbeth:
Cool stuff. Send me a patch and I'll merge it :)

I still plan to rewrite some of the tools, just don't know when I get to it. Many would benefit from the block cache used in the vein digger.

A block cache in this case is something like a layer in gimp/photoshop - it tracks the changes on top of some other layer. In case of the vein digger, that base layer is the game itself, but the classes could be extended to using an another block cache as the base...

The block cache itself provides uniform access to tiles, so the 16x16 blocks are basically hidden from the cache's user. Doing brushes on top of the cache is much easier, commit/revert mechanics are basically free and the code would be much nicer... Now what would be required is a way to display all this stuff to the user... I'm undecided about that - it requires more dependencies and I can either DIY the whole thing or use some library. Suggestions are welcome.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 05:39:20 pm by peterix »

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 26, 2010, 08:12:02 pm »

For sending a patch, is it enough to simply send you the .cpp file (the only thing I edited), or do you need more than that?  I've never used github before this, I'll see if there's some way for me to post it there, unless I can just email the thing.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #503 on: October 26, 2010, 09:57:39 pm »

I'm afraid that depends on the layer itself having an aquifer... and changing that would require knowing what to change.

Damn, didn't realize that. Curious, though, that setting the "water_table" flag still causes nearby tiles to be marked as damp, even though mining them out doesn't result in any leaks.

Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, I just did some tinkering in Adventurer mode and confirmed that the "e_liquidcharacter" value in naked_designation is actually just two flags - the lower bit means "stagnant" and the upper bit means "salty" (when I changed the bits while the Eat menu was open, the "Drink water (Here)" option instantly changed to "Drink salt water"/"Drink stagnant water"/"Drink stagnant salt water").
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:03:34 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Burning_Iceman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 27, 2010, 06:14:48 am »

Are there any 31.16 linux memory bindings that work with dfcleanmap yet?

twalberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 27, 2010, 07:01:53 am »

Are there any 31.16 linux memory bindings that work with dfcleanmap yet?

I posted my offsets in this thread a few days back - it's not complete, but I can reliably use reveal, cleanmap and vdig with (so far) no ill effects.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #506 on: October 27, 2010, 09:36:49 am »

Curious, though, that setting the "water_table" flag still causes nearby tiles to be marked as damp, even though mining them out doesn't result in any leaks.
I'd say not every tile of the layer has to be part of the aquifer, but having the aquifer in the layer is required.
Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, I just did some tinkering in Adventurer mode and confirmed that the "e_liquidcharacter" value in naked_designation is actually just two flags - the lower bit means "stagnant" and the upper bit means "salty" (when I changed the bits while the Eat menu was open, the "Drink water (Here)" option instantly changed to "Drink salt water"/"Drink stagnant water"/"Drink stagnant salt water").
Cool, I'll add that. Every bit of information helps :)

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 28, 2010, 01:41:10 pm »

i normally play 31.16 through wine (had some strange crashes with native and since i switched to wine they didnt show up again) and i tried running the win32 dfhack through wine and got an immediate crash so i compiled the native linux version 0.5.0.2 which, if i understand correctly, can work with 31.16 through wine.

it compiled just fine but its giving me a "couldn't find a suitable process" error in the terminal. i did run a search and found a post in this thread where someone asked for a solution but the advice was to compile the 0.4.0.2 version and not use wine. that was on page 4 or something and probably back when the latest linux version was usable with dfhack so i dont think it will work for me and obviously i need 0.5.0.2 for 31.16 support.

is there any way to help dfhack find DF through wine? i'm guessing it has to do with memory.xml but i have no idea what to do with it

sorry for my noobness - all i'm really interested is fixing my fps problems really, trying to find what's causing them - maybe gonna have to plug up an underground lake or something.
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

snooptodd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 28, 2010, 08:01:23 pm »

If you are running Ubuntu maverick (10/10) try this http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65326.0

elmariachi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 29, 2010, 10:48:07 am »

I installed the archlinux package but i can't use any of the apps and I can't compile stonesense  :-\ do i have to copy the files to somewhere?

I'm not using DF from arch-games repos, I'm using the one from Community (31.16)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 11:17:36 am by elmariachi »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 108