Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 400993 times)

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.0.1 - tools and memory access library
« Reply #375 on: October 03, 2010, 06:22:02 pm »

Anyone had any luck working out the offsets for .15?
Someone said in another thread (Stonesense? or maybe TheRapist?) that the offsets are the same, but the checksum changed.

Does that make sense? (& help? 'cos I have no idea how to get DFHack or Stonesense going with .15)

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 03, 2010, 06:25:41 pm »

Anyone had any luck working out the offsets for .15?
Someone said in another thread (Stonesense? or maybe TheRapist?) that the offsets are the same, but the checksum changed.

Does that make sense? (& help? 'cos I have no idea how to get DFHack or Stonesense going with .15)

I saw that and tried figuring it out myself, and plugged in the MD5 of the new executable into the Memory.xml, and updating the version string to .15, but that apparently wasn't enough.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 04, 2010, 12:24:48 am »

use the program bundled with DFhack to see if the offsets work :D (dfdoffsets.exe)

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 04, 2010, 08:38:39 am »

use the program bundled with DFhack to see if the offsets work :D (dfdoffsets.exe)

It crashed (all 3 attempts), so I'm guessing the answer is a resounding "NO!!!". :\

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 04, 2010, 09:05:47 am »

It crashed (all 3 attempts), so I'm guessing the answer is a resounding "NO!!!". :\

And now .16 is out anyway! Arrghh! :P

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 04, 2010, 05:24:13 pm »

I tried popping in the new checksum and MD5, it finds the executable but the offsets have apparently changed as you might imagine. Drats!

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 04, 2010, 07:41:43 pm »

I just find this amusing, obviously toady is attempting to thwart hacking with his numerous updates XD i can;t see why he cant bundle a bunch of bug-fixes togethor and release them right as the hacking community recovers from the previous update ^.^

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 04, 2010, 07:46:43 pm »

I just find this amusing, obviously toady is attempting to thwart hacking with his numerous updates XD i can;t see why he cant bundle a bunch of bug-fixes togethor and release them right as the hacking community recovers from the previous update ^.^

Yeah I'm sitting here reading the forums because I'm waiting for DFHack so I can continue a project I'm working on :P

finesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 04, 2010, 08:26:50 pm »

Hehe, it does seem like that.. but the fixes in .16 are very welcomed by me. Im sure theres a way Toady could make it easier for programs like DFHack to access DF memory, but to do that might also give away too much. It might be something worth pursuing though.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 04, 2010, 08:30:42 pm »

[REDACTED] Reason: Stupidity of suggestion. I should be barred from the internet after 10pm.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 06:43:16 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #385 on: October 04, 2010, 11:29:46 pm »

Please, don't bother Toady with this stuff :<

He said numerous times that he doesn't want to get involved with writing APIs or hacking.

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 05, 2010, 03:00:13 am »

Please, don't bother Toady with this stuff :<

He said numerous times that he doesn't want to get involved with writing APIs or hacking.

Yeah. Leave the haxx0ring to Pete here ;) What would be the challenge if Toady put in a fancy-pants API?

Mozleron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 05, 2010, 11:56:23 am »

I'm not sure if it helps anyone here, but Dwarf Therapist works with 31.16.  My theoretical line of thinking is that some of the offsets used there could be helpful for this tool.  If not, then i'll go back to my little corner and maybe get back to work... :)

~Mozleron

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 05, 2010, 11:58:44 am »

I'm not sure if it helps anyone here, but Dwarf Therapist works with 31.16.  My theoretical line of thinking is that some of the offsets used there could be helpful for this tool.  If not, then i'll go back to my little corner and maybe get back to work... :)

~Mozleron

There are a lot of things that DFHack messes with that The Rapist doesn't, so it doesn't have all the offsets needed. I think I'll mess with that a bit though and see if I can get any of the tools to work.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #389 on: October 05, 2010, 12:00:47 pm »

~Mozleron

There are a lot of things that DFHack messes with that The Rapist doesn't, so it doesn't have all the offsets needed. I think I'll mess with that a bit though and see if I can get any of the tools to work.

I vaguely remember something about the offsets being *slighly* different in format as well, although I could be completely off base.  If it's not working directly, that might be something to look into.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 108