Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 401178 times)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.11
« Reply #1155 on: April 04, 2011, 01:24:19 am »

Or you end up with that cotton candy map that crashes after consuming too much memory :P
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Daskinor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.11
« Reply #1156 on: April 04, 2011, 05:03:28 am »

Latest dfhack since commit "Linux 31.22 - 31.25 finished. Needs more testing, but should be good." from git compiled for linux in a 64 bit environment seems to work perfectly against 0.31.25 in linux now - prospector, clean, reveal, vdig etc are all fine! Brilliant work and much appreciated.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.5.12
« Reply #1157 on: April 04, 2011, 05:58:05 am »

Ok, tagged a new release. This one should fix problems people were having with Runesmith when it gets rebuilt, adds all the missing offsets for 31.22-31.25 on linux and adds an engravings module. I can see some kind of engraving manipulation tool in the future :)

As always, enjoy :)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 04, 2011, 07:54:29 am »

Ok, tagged a new release. This one should fix problems people were having with Runesmith when it gets rebuilt, adds all the missing offsets for 31.22-31.25 on linux and adds an engravings module. I can see some kind of engraving manipulation tool in the future :)

You have no idea how cool engraving manipulation would be, especially for me. Aside from the obvious:
http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Memory-Palace

For someone who uses memory palaces to memorize complex things, having a living memory palace with inhabitants would be mind blowingly awesome. This feature combined with your recent range feature for obsidian spawning would make you a god higher level deity in my mind. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1159 on: April 04, 2011, 08:32:48 am »

You have no idea how cool engraving manipulation would be, especially for me. Aside from the obvious:
http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Memory-Palace

For someone who uses memory palaces to memorize complex things, having a living memory palace with inhabitants would be mind blowingly awesome. This feature combined with your recent range feature for obsidian spawning would make you a god higher level deity in my mind. :)
Wow. That's new to me :) There's a problem though - the level of manipulation is quite limited. I don't think it would be quite enough to store arbitrary information - not yet anyway. You might be better off using just plain DF notes. For those, hit N and place a note. You can give them colors, a symbol and a piece of text. I guess this isn't quite enough, because to see the notes, you must be in the 'note placing mode'...

Anyway, here's roughly what is known about engravings now:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 04, 2011, 09:57:05 am »

It (5.12) is working on Debian 6.0 by installation from the ubuntu *.deb
*joy*
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 04, 2011, 12:59:24 pm »

Here's my hacked-in state reading code, contributed in hopes it will be added to an upcoming version. Put it in Creatures::ReadCreature and add the necessary fields and goop to read the offset:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The state vector offset for 0.31.23 SDL (Windows) is 0x5A0, I haven't tried later versions yet.

I've figured out two states so far:
0x08 indicates an incoming migrant (with the gray 'X' flashing).
0x11 indicates a dwarf who is "On Break".
Badger badgers badger badger badgers badgers badger.

Zwaryczuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 04, 2011, 01:47:13 pm »

Would it be hard to develop a tool to work similar to DF liquid but instead was able to change the material properties of that tile. ie, change this Mudstone tile to (sand, clay, peat what have you) I know Df Liquids only is able to spawn and remove liquids, but just wondering if additional tinkering could make this possible.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 04, 2011, 02:26:14 pm »

ZCM, would it be possible to take that Dwarf who is on break and give him a happy thought if he goes back to work?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 04, 2011, 02:35:00 pm »

ZCM, would it be possible to take that Dwarf who is on break and give him a happy thought if he goes back to work?
I'm not sure what you're asking here. I haven't investigated the details of the states, beyond figuring out which states apply, but I suspect there's some sort of counter for how long the state will last. If that's the case, once a dwarf goes on break they will stay on break until it expires.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 04, 2011, 02:36:28 pm »

... unless the code checks the counter and decrements it without reguard for what it was last turn, I think.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1166 on: April 04, 2011, 02:43:09 pm »

Would it be hard to develop a tool to work similar to DF liquid but instead was able to change the material properties of that tile. ie, change this Mudstone tile to (sand, clay, peat what have you) I know Df Liquids only is able to spawn and remove liquids, but just wondering if additional tinkering could make this possible.
That's very hard. You'd be changing this for entire geological layers for multiple world regions/whole biome. Or you'd have to steal vein objects from somewhere else and reuse them... Or adamantine veins... those are easiest to work with, but there's only a few in each map and you'd lose them. Or hell. There's only one hell and it can't be mined out. The tiles themselves have no material of their own really, with the single exception of obsidian and hardcoded things like ice.
It might be possible to change the geological layer along with the tiletype to get materials from a different layer. Or pick a different biome as a source of geological data...

It is possible to do destructive changes like remove materials. It's also possible to reshape veins in the blocks where they belong. 'Adamantine veins' and 'hell' can be reshaped and expanded entirely and their materials can be set to anything. Again, only one material per map feature. So, it's possible to turn all slade in hell into frozen elephant blood for example, but you can't set a single tile to a material you want.

It's rather complicated ~_~

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 04, 2011, 02:53:54 pm »

How about changing the material of a construction?

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 04, 2011, 03:17:36 pm »

Well, there's not currently a Write method in the Constructions module, but the material type and index are just fields in the struct describing constructions, and they're read directly, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work once a Write function is added.

EDIT: Just as a side note, this wouldn't be able to add new constructions, only modify existing ones. It would also probably be safest to not let DF become unpaused at all between the Read()s and Write()s, just in case a deconstruction occurs.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:32:59 pm by thewonderidiot »

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 04, 2011, 07:01:35 pm »

I would like to make a rather large request.

Would it be possible to make a tool which removes ownership from all items in the fort?

Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 108