Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Pondering on duty.  (Read 12294 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pondering on duty.
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2010, 06:53:34 pm »

Yet, the prey is too easy. It is like beating a seal to death with a group of friends after it walked up and tried to nuzzle your leg.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2010, 06:55:18 pm »

Yet, the prey is too easy. It is like beating a seal to death with a group of friends after it walked up and tried to nuzzle your leg.

It's good to know we're good people and not total, complete, irredemible, maniacs.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2010, 06:56:26 pm »

It's good to know we're good people and not total, complete, irredemible, maniacs.

Indeed we are not. We are just far, far too close. A stiff wind will send several to and beyond the edge.

Pathos

« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2010, 07:05:20 pm »

I genuinely feel bad about this, because I know beating up on people makes Toady angry.  But some of these are just too gob-smackingly outlandish to let go.  I'm only human.

I justify it to myself with the concept that Armok's a masochist and gets off to it.

He does bring the worse out in all of us, though.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2010, 07:06:23 pm »

Ever played overlord 2? That's the best part! The people you subjugate aren't any better than you!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2010, 07:23:20 pm »

Seriously, though, if Armok wants to alleviate suffering, the best way to do that is to stop posting.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2010, 07:25:26 pm »

Massive burn. That shit be critically effective.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2010, 07:28:29 pm »

Now this is just getting mean. Come on, we've burned Armok enough.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2010, 07:31:22 pm »

From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Pathos

« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2010, 07:32:56 pm »

I gained quite a bit of respect for Armok during that entire "We're copying your avatar" thing. But still, I am laughing at this.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2010, 07:34:08 pm »

You must have typo'd, because I don't understand how you gained respect for him for that.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2010, 08:22:22 pm »

Everyone here who does not send all their efforts on making the world a better place, are murderers.Yes, that includes YOU. Make up all the rationalizations you want, you CAN make a difference, it might no help to just throw money around you randomly, but there ARE charities that actually work, and a few hours of research will find them.
...Uh...huh.
"What do you do, exactly, Armok?"
I can't be bothered to list everything out, but of the top of my mind learning how to be more effective at doing things in the future, trying to convince others to do good, and refusal of unnecessary things so I can donate the money to charity once I find one with provably positive effects.
But...but...you said that you already knew of charities that work. Are you telling me that you lied to me?

And what the hell are you doing wasting time on the Bay 12 Forums when you could be looking up charities that work? You are obviously:
killing others out of laziness and convenience. **** you.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2010, 08:34:50 pm »

^^^

Adding to that, we lost the discussion at hand a few pages back.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2010, 08:35:45 pm »

About the time we started talking about super powers.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2010, 08:37:17 pm »

Indeed. Of course, I am not against repurposing this thread for super-power discussion once more :D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18