Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Modding  (Read 958 times)

Need_More_War!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin Modding
« on: June 06, 2010, 01:15:28 pm »

How can I mod goblins to show up more often, attack more often, and in greater numbers?

deoxy

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert witty comment here.
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Modding
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 05:18:57 pm »

Go check out the Orc mod.  It does that, but for orcs.

Basically, do the following:

1) Make more entities.  They can all be the same race, even, just so long as there are more of them.

2) Make them each active for only one season (or maybe 2 seasons that aren't adjacent).  This allows them time to recover and also gets them to leave so another can come.

3) Bump their reproduction rates (a LOT)

4) bump their population caps (quite a bit)

5) modify their ethics.  The orc mod has all of that work done for you, more or less.

Basically, you want there to be a lot more of them, a lot more groups of them, and for them all to be a lot more aggressive.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 06:24:28 pm »

But was Orc mod ported over to DF2010? I see the 40d version of it but not DF2010 on the sticky.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Need_More_War!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 07:31:14 pm »

Yea I don't belive the orc mod is ported for DF2010 so its difficult to mod Gobbos like Orrcs but thanks.

deoxy

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert witty comment here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 12:10:24 am »

But was Orc mod ported over to DF2010? I see the 40d version of it but not DF2010 on the sticky.

Everything but the ethics part should be very easy to do yourself.  Messing with the ethics is annoying and time-consuming, but doing without that should still give lots more sieges.