Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Whoa, so that's what turning off "Periodically erode extreme cliffs" does...  (Read 6400 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Yes, hematite, but very little and very quite a ways out. It's up on the grassy slopes and mountain peak on my map, yours will probably generate different stone layers though. There's always goblinite or caravans (if you're willing to deal with them).  It's almost all igneous so there's plenty of silver, tetrahedrite, galena, cassiterite, normal native copper, garnierite, cobaltite and gold to trade/make low-quality weapons and armor from. All the exposed ore is up top but it's probably a short trip to get it on sea level.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile

Oh, it's on the ocean? That makes a bit of sense. I've seen a fair number of ocean beaches that have straight, ramp-less walls from beach to regular ground level, though nothing this high.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like it makes for a much nicer, more realistic, world.

Gonna have to do that for .31.05!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
  • Good Day to you! Fhtagn!
    • View Profile

Sounds like it makes for a much nicer, more realistic, world.

Gonna have to do that for .31.05!
How exactly does turning off periodic erosion make it more realistic? I'd say it did the opposite, landforms like those are rare on earth, and before you say, we get sheer coastal cliffs on earth, remember that DF works mostly in relative terms, so in real life, an equivalent cliff would be something like 400 feet tall.

If there was some option for varying erosion in perfect world DF, then that would be awesome.
Quote from: breadbocks
ENRAGED
Quote from: Snook
Breadbocks has gone berserk!

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

I just wish there'd be a worldgen option that'd let us have perfectly vertical cliffs again.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's nothing a few years of digging couldn't fix.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, so I've taken a while to get my act together, but I don't know how to find out the seed for the place, I can give the world gen info, but not the seed, how do I find it?
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Ok, so I've taken a while to get my act together, but I don't know how to find out the seed for the place, I can give the world gen info, but not the seed, how do I find it?

Copy the save, run the copy, abandon, go into legends mode and on the bottom of the screen there are some options, choose the one that says something along the lines of 'export world gen info and map', not the detailed map one though as those options dont export the gen info.

The seed is then at the top of the file it creates in the DF root directory that has world gen in it's title.

Sorry, I'm on my laptop and dont have DF to make it more detailed. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

but get out of .31.05 and into .31.06, .05 crashes the export.

does this give you a huge flat cliff to dig into? I wanted to try making a fort all in one level.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 [2]