Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Attributes  (Read 1160 times)

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
Attributes
« on: June 05, 2010, 05:05:10 pm »

I didn't find anything about this in the wiki (aside from the same unanswered question). Didn't find any definite answer either on the forum.

Do leveling non-military skills increase attributes at all anymore? Most of my dwarves are pumping and swimming and talking, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 05:07:52 pm by Encased in burning magma »
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Attributes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 05:08:53 pm »

well I do not think they are listed but yeah they probably do, therapist could prove it,  manually comparing the dwarfs profiles should tell you if they are strong
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 05:18:37 pm »

What rapist? I don't understand your answer.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 05:20:54 pm »

Dwarf Therapist, a utility.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Ultimarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 05:37:08 pm »

They do, although it makes sense now. If you talk allot, you gain mental stats, and if you pump you gain physical stats. at least thats how (I think) its suppose to work. I am also testing in my free time wether certain jobs grant certain attributes, but I am not sure if thats true yet.
I discovered something new about aquifers!  On the down side, there's now a cave fish swimming around in the bedrooms.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 06:03:22 pm »

They did not in the earlier 0.31 releases, and there's no mention of it in any of the changelogs. Unless someone has experience to the contrary, it can probably be assumed dwarves still do not receive attribute gains for non-military activity.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 05:43:28 am »

Aw, shucks. Thanks for the replies.